About the Cambridge Audio Minx Min 12
A fantastic little speaker just got even better
A fantastic little speaker just got even better
We've always loved the positively huge sound that comes from Cambridge Audio's tiny Minx Min Series speakers. Seriously, speakers this small shouldn't sound this good! So when Cambridge announced the Minx Min 12, the latest version of their little mighty mites, we knew good things were in store. At just over 3" cubed, these remarkably small speakers will instantly fill your living space with a tonal presence that has to be heard to be believed. Whether you're looking to maximize your music or movie experience or add depth to your favorite TV shows and sports events, the newly refined Minx Min 12 is waiting to show you what you've been missing.
Note: We highly recommend using these satellites with a powered subwoofer for full-range sound.
Pictured with a tabletop stand (available seperately), Cambridge Audio's tiny Minx Min 12 can deliver detailed, spacious sound almost anywhere you put it.
The "BMR" advantage for natural, spacious sound
The Minx Min 12 rewrites the rulebook of what's possible from miniature speakers thanks to BMR (Balanced Mode Radiator) technology. BMR drivers use a flat speaker surface that combines the traditional "pistonic" movement of speaker cones with a "bending-wave" movement to create sound. It's what allows the Min 12 to cover a much wider frequency range than comparably sized speakers. You'll also experience much broader sound dispersion across your entire room. Plus, the compact, acoustically damped cabinet offers extreme rigidity for pure, clean sound no matter how intense your music or movies get.
What makes the 4th generation BMR driver special
The Minx Min 12's latest 4th generation BMR driver features more rigid construction than previous designs for even better dispersion. That extra-wide dispersion means you can put your speakers where you want and still enjoy deep, spacious stereo or surround sound throughout your entire room. This makes Minx Min speakers ideal for room layouts where your speaker placement options are less than optimal. The BMR driver also features a larger magnet structure for greater efficiency, and increased driver excursion for improved bass handling, better integration with a subwoofer, and richer sound.
Speakers that fit your lifestyle
Naturally, you want your speakers to fit into your home, rather than having to design your living space around your system. That's why the compact Minx Min 12 satellites include a keyhole slot wall mounting bracket. They can also be swivel-mounted to your wall, placed on stands, or positioned on a tabletop using optional hardware. You can mix and match between colors, or go for the larger Minx Min 22 models in the front of your room with Minx Min 12s in the back.
- frequency response 150-20,000 Hz
- recommended amplifier power: 25-200 watts
- sensitivity 86 dB
- impedance: 8 ohms compatible
- 4th generation 2-1/4" BMR (Balanced Mode Radiator) full-range driver with better dispersion for a wider soundstage
- larger magnet structure than previous generation for greater efficiency
- acoustically damped thermo-polymer and extruded aluminum cabinet
- scratch-resistant high-gloss lacquer finish
- removable binding post terminals accept bare wire, pin connectors, spade connectors, or banana plugs
- included keyhole slot wall mounting bracket
- screw hole for use with optional pivoting wall bracket, floor stand, or tabletop stand
- 3-1/8"W x 3-1/8"H x 3-11/16"D
- weight: 0.95 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # C10978
What's in the box:
- Satellite loudspeaker
- Grille (pre-installed)
- 6mm Screw (pre-installed)
- Keyhole slot adapter
- 4 Rubber pads
- Installation Guide
Cambridge Audio Minx Min 12 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Cambridge Audio Minx Min 12
Features & specs
|Tweeter Size (inches)||N/A|
|Midrange Size (inches)||2.25|
|Woofer Size (inches)||N/A|
|Frequency Response||150-20k Hz|
|Mounting Bracket Included||Keyhole|
|Recommended Stand Height (inches)||31-36|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
BMR (Balanced Mode Radiator) Technology: The Cambridge Audio Minx MIN12 satellite speaker features a single 2.25" BMR (Balanced Mode Radiator) driver. The Cambridge Audio BMR driver utilizes patented 'bending wave' principles normally seen in advanced flat-panel speakers, combined with piston-movement (backwards and forwards) like in a traditional speaker design. This type of design provides the Minx satellite speaker with a much wider frequency response and deeper and more powerful bass frequencies, plus incredibly spacious sound. The BMR driver design also adds value by delivering a much broader sound dispersion across the entire room, avoiding the typical "sweet spot" pitfall, for a more enveloping sound.
Acoustically Damped Cabinet: The MIN12 satellite speaker employs an acoustically damped thermo-polymer cabinet to prevent distortion caused by resonance and vibration. Its acoustic suspension (sealed) enclosure delivers greater detail and accuracy.
Binding Posts: The Cambridge Audio Minx MIN12 satellite speaker is equipped with a pair of binding post terminals. The binding post terminals will accept bare-wire (up to 12AWG), pin-connectors, and spade-connectors. The satellite speaker's binding post terminals can be removed to allow use of banana plugs (single only). The binding post terminals simply pull out of the back of the speaker, which allows access to banana connector inputs.
Mounting Options: The Cambridge Audio Minx MIN12 satellite speaker can be table-top mounted, wall mounted, or placed on a floor-standing speaker stand.
- Table-Top Mount: The Minx MIN12 satellite speaker comes with four self-adhesive rubber feet to simply place the speaker securely on a table or shelf. There is also an optional Minx Table-Top Stand (779MTSA, sold separately) available, which allows placement on a desk, table, or shelf.
- Wall Mount: The MIN12 features a rear-mounted 6mm threaded insert which allows you to wall-mount the speaker using the included keyhole-slot adapter, the Cambridge Audio Minx Wall Bracket (779MPWM, sold separately), or other optional wall-mount bracket (sold separately).
- Speaker Stand: The 6mm threaded insert on the back of the satellite speaker can be used to attach the speaker to the Cambridge Audio Minx Floor Stands (779MFSB, sold separately).
9 questions already asked