About the Cambridge Audio Minx S315
Big home theater sound from barely-there speakers
What's better than rich, spacious home theater sound? Rich, spacious home theater sound that you can hear, but can't see where it's coming from. Designed for hi-fi sound on a low-fi budget, the unbelievably tiny Minx S315 speaker system will fill your room with a tonal quality that has to be heard to be believed. You'll be blown away by the accuracy, detail, and realism from the five ultra-compact satellite speakers that measure just 3" cubed. The matching 300-watt subwoofer measures less than a cubic foot, delivering awesome bass without eating into your living space. Whether you're watching a gritty action thriller or engrossed in the big game, you'll enjoy epic surround sound with surprising punch.
Ultra-compact satellite speakers engineered with passion
The five Minx Min 10 satellite speakers included with this system were carefully designed and tested at Cambridge Audio's London facility by a team fueled with a passion for incredible sound. They completely rewrite the rulebook of what's possible from miniature speakers thanks to BMR (Balanced Mode Radiator) technology. BMR drivers use a flat speaker surface that combines the traditional "pistonic" movement of speaker cones with a "bending-wave" movement to create sound. It's what allows the Minx Min 10s to produce a much wider frequency response than comparably sized speakers. You'll also experience a much broader sound dispersion across your entire room, for the most enveloping sound imaginable. Plus, the compact, acoustically damped cabinets offer extreme rigidity, so you hear pure, clean sound no matter how intense your movies get.
Awesome bass from a hideaway sub
The matching Minx X300 subwoofer uses an 8" forward firing driver made of a single piece of super-strong, aerospace-grade aluminum for amazing punch and attack. It's paired with a passive radiator that adds some serious mid-bass boost. Cambridge Audio's software engineers specially designed the sophisticated Digital Signal Processor (DSP) in this sub, allowing it to pump out sensational bass from such a compact enclosure. You may even be fooled into thinking the X300 is several times its size.
Speakers that fit your lifestyle
Quite naturally, you want your speakers to fit into your home, rather than designing your living space around your system. That's why the compact Minx Min 10 satellites can be mounted to your wall, placed on stands, or positioned on a table top using optional hardware. You can mix and match between other Minx speakers by adding additional Minx Min 10 speakers or the larger Minx Min 20 models to create a 7.1- or even a 9.1-channel system for bigger rooms.
- includes five Minx Min 10 satellite speakers and a Minx X300 subwoofer
- system frequency response 33-20,000 Hz
- sensitivity 85 dB
- 8-ohm impedance
- scratch-resistant high-gloss lacquer finish
- warranty: 5 years speakers, 3 years subwoofer amp and labor
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
Minx Min 10 satellite speakers:
- recommended amplifier power: 25-200 watts
- Balanced Mode Radiator driver technology creates a wide soundstage
- 2-1/4" BMR woofer (each)
- ultra-compact push-pull Neodymium magnets
- acoustically damped thermo-polymer and extruded aluminum cabinet
- binding post terminals
- screw holes for use with optional wall-mounting bracket, floor stand, or tabletop stand
- 3-1/8"W x 3-1/8"H x 3-3/4"D
- weight: 0.95 lbs.
Minx X300 subwoofer:
- 300-watt RMS amplifier
- 8" front-firing woofer and an 8" passive radiator
- single-piece, aerospace-grade aluminum cones move air with incredible efficiency
- continuously variable 50-200 Hz crossover
- specially designed DSP (Digital Signal Processor) for big bass from a small enclosure
- adjustable phase control
- line-level/subwoofer inputs and outputs
- auto on/off mode
- 10-1/2"W x 12-5/16"H x 12-3/4"D
- weight: 16.5 lbs.
- MFR # CaMBMINXS315-BL
What's in the box:
- High-gloss black powered subwoofer (X300)
- Black subwoofer grille (installed)
- 6' AC power cord
- 5 High-gloss black satellite speakers (MIN10)
- 5 Black speaker grilles (installed)
- Five 6mm machine screw (installed)
- 5 Key-hole slot adapter
- 20 Self-adhesive rubber feet
- Satellite Speaker Installation Guide
- Powered Subwoofer Installation Guide
- Important Safety Instructions
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Cambridge Audio Minx S315
Overview: The Cambridge Audio Minx S315 is a 5.1ch surround sound speaker system which includes five matching Cambridge Audio Minx MIN10 satellite speakers and the Cambridge Audio X300 powered subwoofer. The Cambridge Audio Minx MIN10 satellite speakers provide accuracy, detail, and realism from compact speakers which only measure 3.125" square. Their wide dispersion capabilities make it easy to integrate them into any room. The Minx satellite speakers offer table-top, speaker-stand, or wall-mounting solutions. The mated Cambridge Audio X300 powered subwoofer provides deep, accurate bass from its 8" woofer, 8" passive-radiator, and 300 watt (RMS) digital amplifier.
High-Gloss Finish: The Cambridge Audio Minx S315 speaker system is available in a high-gloss black (with black cloth grille) or high-gloss white finish (with silver cloth grille). The black and white high-gloss lacquers are finished to the highest standard using paint application techniques developed by premium automotive manufactures. The black and white lacquer finishes are hard to scratch and easy to clean.
BMR (Balanced Mode Radiator) Technology: The Cambridge Audio Minx MIN10 satellite speakers feature a single 2.25" BMR (Balanced Mode Radiator) driver. The Cambridge Audio BMR driver utilizes patented 'bending wave' principles normally seen in advanced flat-panel speakers, combined with piston-movement (backwards and forwards) like in a traditional speaker design. This type of design provides the Minx satellite speakers with a much wider frequency response and deeper and more powerful bass frequencies, plus incredibly spacious sound. The BMR driver design also adds value by delivering a much broader sound dispersion across the entire room, avoiding the typical 'sweet spot' pitfall, for a more enveloping sound.
Rubber Surround: The 2.25" BMR (Balanced Mode Radiator) drivers employ a rubber surround for added durability and excursion.
Neodymium Magnets: The BMR drivers utilize ultra-compact push-pull neodymium magnets for greater efficiency.
Frequency Response: The Cambridge Audio Minx MIN10 satellite speakers feature a 140Hz to 20,000Hz frequency range.
Power Handling: The Cambridge Audio Minx MIN10 satellite speakers can handle 15 to 50 watts (RMS), each.
Acoustically Damped Cabinet: The Minx MIN10 satellite speakers employ an acoustically damped thermo-polymer and extruded aluminum cabinet to prevent distortion caused by resonance and vibration. The enclosure is sealed for greater detail and accuracy. The acoustic suspension enclosure measures only 3.125" square. Each speaker features a detachable cloth grille.
Binding Posts: The Cambridge Audio Minx MIN10 satellite speakers are equipped with a pair of binding post terminals. The binding post terminals will accept bare-wire, pin-connectors, and spade-connectors. The terminals are color-coded (black/red) to distinguish between positive and negative.
Note: The binding post terminals can be removed to allow use of banana plugs (single only). The binding post terminals simply pull out of the back of each speaker, which allows access to banana connector inputs.
Mounting Options: The Cambridge Audio Minx MIN10 satellite speakers can be table-top mounted, wall mounted, or placed on a floor-standing speaker stand.
- Table-Top Mount: The Minx MIN10 satellite speakers come with four self-adhesive rubber feet (each) to simply place the speakers securely on a table or shelf. There is also an optional Minx Table-Top Stand (779MTSA, sold separately) available, which allows placement on a desk, table, or shelf.
- Wall Mount: The Minx MIN10s features a rear-mounted 6mm threaded insert which allows you to wall-mount the speakers using the included keyhole-slot adapter, the Cambridge Audio Minx Wall Bracket (779MPWM, sold separately), or other optional wall-mount bracket (sold separately).
- Speaker Stand: The 6mm threaded inserts on the back of the satellite speakers can be used to attach the speakers to the Cambridge Audio Minx Floor Stands (779MFSB, sold separately).
Digital Signal Processor (DSP): The Cambridge Audio X300 powered subwoofer features built-in Digital Signal Processing (DSP) which allows for smaller cabinet construction without sacrificing bass response.
300W Amplifier: The Cambridge Audio X300 powered subwoofer is equipped with a 300 watt (RMS) digital amplifier for increased efficiency and reliability.
8" Woofer: The Cambridge Audio X300 powered subwoofer uses a one-piece, aerospace-grade aluminum, front-firing 8" cone woofer to move air with incredible efficiency.
Auxiliary Bass Radiator (ABR): The Cambridge Audio X300 powered subwoofer utilizes a down-firing 8" auxiliary bass radiator (ABR) for greater bass response and better efficiency. The ABR design replaces the need for bass ports to eliminate air noise at higher volume levels.
Frequency Response: The Cambridge Audio X300 powered subwoofer has a rated frequency response of 33-200 Hz.
Controls: The Cambridge Audio X300 powered subwoofer is equipped with the following rear-panel controls.
- Volume Control: The Cambridge Audio X300 powered subwoofer has a rear-panel rotary volume control to adjust the volume of the subwoofer relative to the other speakers in the system.
- Crossover Frequency: The Cambridge Audio X300 powered subwoofer offers a continuously variable low-pass filter, adjustable from 50-200 Hz.
- Phase Adjustment: The subwoofer's phase adjustment allows you to adjust the subwoofer's phase between 0° to 180°. If the bass sounds muddy or unclear, adjusting the phase control can sometimes strengthen the bass performance.
- Auto On/Off: The X300's Auto On/Off feature will switch the powered subwoofer On and Off automatically by signal detection.
Connections: The Cambridge Audio X300 powered subwoofer is equipped with the following rear-panel connections.
- RCA Input: The powered subwoofer has gold plated left & right RCA line-level inputs for use with receivers having a subwoofer or stereo preamp output that do not contain their own low-pass crossover. The left channel RCA input doubles as the LFE input, if your receiver has an LFE output and a built-in low-pass crossover.
- RCA Output: The powered subwoofer's gold-plated left & right RCA line-level outputs allow you to connect (daisy-chain) a second powered subwoofer.
- Wireless Port: This proprietary 5-pin port is designed to connect the Cambridge Audio Wireless Module (not yet available).