About the Cambridge Audio Minx X201
Awesome bass from a hideaway sub
Awesome bass from a hideaway sub
At just under 9" cubed, it's hard to find a subwoofer this powerful that's smaller than the Minx X201. What's so great about that? Its diminutive size will make this sub incredibly easy to place in your living room. Under a side table, in a corner, next to your entertainment stand — you can place it almost anywhere without sacrificing your style. And like all Cambridge Audio Minx speakers, the X201 is carefully designed to deliver the purest sound, whether you're enjoying a live classical concert or an adrenaline-pumping car chase.
Engineered with passion
The Minx X201 uses a 6-1/2" forward firing driver made of a single piece of super-strong, aerospace-grade aluminum for amazing punch and attack. It's paired with dual passive radiators that add some serious mid-bass boost. Cambridge Audio's software engineers specially designed the sophisticated Digital Signal Processor (DSP) in this sub, allowing it to pump out sensational bass from such a compact enclosure. You may even be fooled into thinking the X201 is several times its size.
- 200-watt RMS amplifier
- 6-1/2" front-firing woofer and dual 6-1/2" passive radiators
- one-piece, aerospace-grade aluminum cones move air with incredible efficiency
- frequency response: 36-200 Hz (-6dB)
- continuously variable 50-200 Hz crossover
- specially designed DSP (Digital Signal Processor) for big bass from a small enclosure
- adjustable phase control
- line-level/LFE subwoofer inputs and outputs
- auto on/off mode
- scratch-resistant high gloss lacquer finish
- 8-1/4"W x 8-5/8"H x 10-1/16"D
- weight: 11 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years speaker, 3 years amp
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # C10737
What's in the box:
- Powered subwoofer
- Grille (installed)
- 6' AC power cord
- Installation Guide
- Important Safety Instructions
Cambridge Audio Minx X201 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Cambridge Audio Minx X201
Features & specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||6 1/2|
|Low-Pass Crossover Freq||50-200Hz|
|High-Pass Crossover Freq||None|
|Amplifier Output (watts)||200|
|Frequency Response||36-200 Hz|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||5 Years|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||3 Years|
200W Amp w/ DSP: The Cambridge Audio X201 powered subwoofer is equipped with a 200 watt (RMS) amplifier with digital signal processing. Cambridge Audio's software engineers have designed a sophisticated Digital Signal Processor (DSP) to provide real-time control of equalization and dynamic range processing for the maximum possible performance while preventing drivers overloading or distorting. This allows the Minx X201 powered subwoofer to handle more power and play louder.
6.5" Woofer + Dual 6.5" Radiators: The Cambridge Audio X201 powered subwoofer uses a front-firing, one-piece, aerospace-grade aluminum 6.5" cone woofer powered by the built-in 200W amplifier and twin side-firing, one-piece, aerospace-grade aluminum 6.5" auxiliary bass radiators. The X201 powered subwoofer uses an ABR system rather than having either an enclosed box (which would require even more power) or a ported design (which would require a bigger cabinet). The result is an extremely efficient and powerful active subwoofer housed in a tiny cabinet.
Controls: The Minx powered subwoofer offers complete rear-panel control of volume, crossover frequency, and phase.
- Volume Control: The Cambridge Audio X201 powered subwoofer has a rear-panel rotary volume control to adjust the volume of the subwoofer relative to the other speakers in the system.
- Crossover Frequency: The X201 powered subwoofer offers a continuously variable low-pass filter, adjustable from 50-200 Hz.
- Phase Adjustment: The powered subwoofer's phase adjustment allows you to adjust the subwoofer's phase between 0° to 180°. If the bass sounds muddy or unclear, adjusting the phase control can sometimes strengthen the bass performance.
Connections: The Cambridge Audio X201 powered subwoofer is fitted with stereo RCA inputs and outputs.
- RCA Inputs: The powered subwoofer has gold plated left & right RCA line-level inputs for use with receivers having a subwoofer or stereo preamp output that do not contain their own low-pass crossover. The left channel RCA input doubles as the LFE input, if your receiver has an LFE output and a built-in low-pass crossover.
- RCA Outputs: The powered subwoofer's gold-plated left & right RCA line-level outputs allow you to connect (daisy-chain) a second powered subwoofer.
Auto On/Off: The X201's Auto On/Off feature will switch the powered subwoofer On and Off automatically by signal detection.
7 questions already asked