About the Sumiko Amethyst
The Amethyst is the top of Sumiko's Oyster line of phono cartridges. It's equipped with a high-end nude line-contact stylus that is designed to read a record groove with extreme detail. The result? Wide frequency response, responsive dynamics, and low noise. You'll hear your favorite tracks the way they're meant to sound.
- moving-magnet design
- nude line-contact diamond stylus
- frequency response 12-35,000 Hz
- output voltage: 2.5 mV
- stereo separation: 30 dB
- channel balance: 0.5 dB
- tracking force range: 1.8-2.2 grams
- recommended tracking force: 2 grams
- load impedance: 47k ohms
- cartridge weight: 6.5 grams
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # Amethyst
What's in the box:
- Turntable cartridge (MM)
- Plastic stylus guard
- 2 Mounting screws
- 2 Plastic washers
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sumiko Amethyst
Moving Magnet Cartridge: The Sumiko Amethyst is a high-performance moving magnet phono cartridge that utilizes a nude Line-Contact stylus and an upgraded generator assembly providing ultra-low noise, hair-raising dynamics, and superior tracking. This unique setup benefits from the same physically-generated electromotive forces fundamental to MM designs which accurately recreate the original sound of any recording. The Amethyst is an easy choice when looking for the most performance possible along with the versatility to pair well with nearly any phono stage on the market.
Compatibility: The Sumiko Amethyst turntable cartridge is an ideal replacement for any standard 1/2" mount turntable or headshell.
- Turntables: The Sumiko Amethyst turntable cartridge supports turntables manufactured by Pro-Ject, Technics, Sony, Pioneer, Dual, Kenwood, Marantz, Denon, etc..
- Cartridges: The Sumiko Pearl turntable cartridge replaces any standard 1/2" mount cartridge from Shure, Audio Technica, Ortofon, Pickering, Empire, Grado, etc..
- Internal Impedance: 700Ω
- Load Impedance: 47kΩ
- Frequency Response: 12Hz to 35kHz
- Output Voltage: 2.5mV @ 1kHz
- Channel Separation: 30dB @ 1kHz
- Channel Balance: 0.5dB @ 1kHz
- Compliance: 12 x 10-6 cm/dyn @100Hz
- Recommended Load Capacitance: 100pF to 200pF
- Vertical Tracking Angle: 20°
- Tracking Force: 1.8g to 2.2g
- Recommended Force: 2.0g
- Cartridge Weight: 6.5g