About the Sumiko Olympia
Upgrade your entry-level cartridge
The cartridge that comes with your turntable might sound good, but a slight upgrade can make it sound even better. The Sumiko Olympia features a 0.3-0.7 micron elliptical diamond stylus that improves frequency response and stereo separation. You'll get a more dynamic, detailed listening experience when you drop the needle on your favorite record.
- moving-magnet design
- 0.3-0.7 micron elliptical diamond stylus
- frequency response 12-30,000 Hz
- output voltage: 4 mV
- stereo separation: 30 dB
- channel balance: 1.5 dB
- tracking force range: 1.8-2.2 grams
- recommended tracking force: 2 grams
- load impedance: 47k ohms
- cartridge weight: 6.5 grams
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # Olympia
What's in the box:
- Turntable cartridge (MM)
- Plastic stylus guard
- 2 Mounting screws
- 2 Plastic washers
Sumiko Olympia reviews
I replaced a new Grado Prestige Red2 cartridge with the Sumiko Olympia cartridge. The sound is quite similar, altho the Grado specs say Frequency Response: 10-55K Hz, and the Sumiko says Frequency response 12-30K Hz. My old ears can't hear the difference. Both cartridges sound very nice on my older Carver/Dual CS5000/ADS L810's equipment. However, the Grado picked up quite obvious "motor hum", which increased as the the tonearm moved closer to the middle of the vinyl. The Sumiko is totally quiet...no "motor hum". A big improvement...well worth the cost of the cartridge. I really like the fact that the top of the Sumiko is threaded so that you don't have to fumble with those small nuts to install it on the headshell. The installation screws are hex head and an Allen wrench is included in the cute little wooden box.
Pros: Sounds great. Pretty easy to set up.
Cons: None so far.
5 of 5 found this helpful
More details on the Sumiko Olympia
Moving Magnet Cartridge: The Sumiko Olympia is a moving magnet phono cartridge with an acoustically refined designed, consisting of an upgraded stylus and cantilever assembly. It features an aluminum cantilever, micron-elliptical stylus, and pure copper wiring. The Olympia cartridge allows for more dynamic punch and improved frequency response during playback.
Compatibility: The Sumiko Olympia turntable cartridge is an ideal replacement for any standard 1/2" mount turntable or headshell.
- Turntables: The Sumiko Olympia turntable cartridge supports turntables manufactured by Pro-Ject, Technics, Sony, Pioneer, Dual, Kenwood, Marantz, Denon, etc..
- Cartridges: The Sumiko Pearl turntable cartridge replaces any standard 1/2" mount cartridge from Shure, Audio Technica, Ortofon, Pickering, Empire, Grado, etc..
- Stylus: The Sumiko Olympia has the ability to change to the Moonstone stylus for additional upgrade without replacing the entire cartridge.
- Internal Impedance: 1.130Ω
- Load Impedance: 47kΩ
- Frequency Response: 12Hz to 30kHz
- Output Voltage: 4mV @ 1kHz
- Channel Separation: 30dB @ 1kHz
- Channel Balance: 1.5dB @ 1kHz
- Compliance: 12 x 10-6 cm/dyn @100Hz
- Recommended Load Capacitance: 100pF to 200pF
- Vertical Tracking Angle: 20°
- Tracking Force: 1.8g to 2.2g
- Recommended Force: 2.0g
- Cartridge Weight: 6.5g
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?