Moving magnet phono cartridge
Our take on the Sumiko Olympia by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
Upgrade your entry-level cartridge
The cartridge that comes with your turntable might sound good, but a slight upgrade can make it sound even better. The Sumiko Olympia features a 0.3-0.7 micron elliptical diamond stylus that improves frequency response and stereo separation. You'll get a more dynamic, detailed listening experience when you drop the needle on your favorite record.
- moving-magnet design
- 0.3-0.7 micron elliptical diamond stylus
- frequency response 12-30,000 Hz
- output voltage: 4 mV
- stereo separation: 30 dB
- channel balance: 1.5 dB
- tracking force range: 1.8-2.2 grams
- recommended tracking force: 2 grams
- load impedance: 47k ohms
- cartridge weight: 6.5 grams
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Turntable cartridge (MM)
- Plastic stylus guard
- 2 Mounting screws
- 2 Plastic washers
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Moving Magnet Cartridge: The Sumiko Olympia is a moving magnet phono cartridge with an acoustically refined designed, consisting of an upgraded stylus and cantilever assembly. It features an aluminum cantilever, micron-elliptical stylus, and pure copper wiring. The Olympia cartridge allows for more dynamic punch and improved frequency response during playback.
Compatibility: The Sumiko Olympia turntable cartridge is an ideal replacement for any standard 1/2" mount turntable or headshell.
- Turntables: The Sumiko Olympia turntable cartridge supports turntables manufactured by Pro-Ject, Technics, Sony, Pioneer, Dual, Kenwood, Marantz, Denon, etc..
- Cartridges: The Sumiko Pearl turntable cartridge replaces any standard 1/2" mount cartridge from Shure, Audio Technica, Ortofon, Pickering, Empire, Grado, etc..
- Stylus: The Sumiko Olympia has the ability to change to the Moonstone stylus for additional upgrade without replacing the entire cartridge.
- Internal Impedance: 1.130Ω
- Load Impedance: 47kΩ
- Frequency Response: 12Hz to 30kHz
- Output Voltage: 4mV @ 1kHz
- Channel Separation: 30dB @ 1kHz
- Channel Balance: 1.5dB @ 1kHz
- Compliance: 12 x 10-6 cm/dyn @100Hz
- Recommended Load Capacitance: 100pF to 200pF
- Vertical Tracking Angle: 20°
- Tracking Force: 1.8g to 2.2g
- Recommended Force: 2.0g
- Cartridge Weight: 6.5g
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.