About the Sumiko Olympia
Upgrade your entry-level cartridge
The cartridge that comes with your turntable might sound good, but a slight upgrade can make it sound even better. The Sumiko Olympia features a 0.3-0.7 micron elliptical diamond stylus that improves frequency response and stereo separation. You'll get a more dynamic, detailed listening experience when you drop the needle on your favorite record.
- moving-magnet design
- 0.3-0.7 micron elliptical diamond stylus
- frequency response 12-30,000 Hz
- output voltage: 4 mV
- stereo separation: 30 dB
- channel balance: 1.5 dB
- tracking force range: 1.8-2.2 grams
- recommended tracking force: 2 grams
- load impedance: 47k ohms
- cartridge weight: 6.5 grams
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # Olympia
What's in the box:
- Turntable cartridge (MM)
- Plastic stylus guard
- 2 Mounting screws
- 2 Plastic washers
More details on the Sumiko Olympia
Moving Magnet Cartridge: The Sumiko Olympia is a moving magnet phono cartridge with an acoustically refined designed, consisting of an upgraded stylus and cantilever assembly. It features an aluminum cantilever, micron-elliptical stylus, and pure copper wiring. The Olympia cartridge allows for more dynamic punch and improved frequency response during playback.
Compatibility: The Sumiko Olympia turntable cartridge is an ideal replacement for any standard 1/2" mount turntable or headshell.
- Turntables: The Sumiko Olympia turntable cartridge supports turntables manufactured by Pro-Ject, Technics, Sony, Pioneer, Dual, Kenwood, Marantz, Denon, etc..
- Cartridges: The Sumiko Pearl turntable cartridge replaces any standard 1/2" mount cartridge from Shure, Audio Technica, Ortofon, Pickering, Empire, Grado, etc..
- Stylus: The Sumiko Olympia has the ability to change to the Moonstone stylus for additional upgrade without replacing the entire cartridge.
- Internal Impedance: 1.130Ω
- Load Impedance: 47kΩ
- Frequency Response: 12Hz to 30kHz
- Output Voltage: 4mV @ 1kHz
- Channel Separation: 30dB @ 1kHz
- Channel Balance: 1.5dB @ 1kHz
- Compliance: 12 x 10-6 cm/dyn @100Hz
- Recommended Load Capacitance: 100pF to 200pF
- Vertical Tracking Angle: 20°
- Tracking Force: 1.8g to 2.2g
- Recommended Force: 2.0g
- Cartridge Weight: 6.5g
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?