Moving magnet phono cartridge
Our take on the Sumiko Rainier by Crutchfield's Eric Angevine
Solid Sumiko workmanship
Sumiko has been around for more than 30 years, and they've never stopped working to improve their impressive line of phono cartridges. The Rainier cartridge features an integrated body style that marks an upgrade from the best-selling Pearl, and that's really saying something. Solid frequency response in the 15-25,000 Hz range ensures that you can hear every note in your favorite recordings.
- moving magnet design
- elliptical diamond stylus
- frequency response 15-25,000 Hz
- output voltage: 5 mV
- stereo separation: 25 dB
- channel balance: 1.5 dB
- tracking force range: 1.8-2.2 grams
- recommended tracking force: 2 grams
- load impedance: 47k ohms
- cartridge weight: 6.5 grams
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
What's in the Box:
- Turntable cartridge (MM)
- Plastic stylus guard
- 2 Mounting screws
- 2 Plastic washers
Why Shop With Us?10 Reasons.
Moving Magnet Cartridge: The Sumiko Rainier is a moving magnet phono cartridge with an all-new integrated body and generator system that significantly reduces internal resonances. It features an aluminum pipe cantilever, elliptical stylus, and pure copper wiring. The Rainier cartridge offers smooth, natural sound reproduction.
Compatibility: The Sumiko Rainier turntable cartridge is an ideal replacement for any standard 1/2" mount turntable or headshell.
- Turntables: The Sumiko Rainier turntable cartridge supports turntables manufactured by Pro-Ject, Technics, Sony, Pioneer, Dual, Kenwood, Marantz, Denon, etc..
- Cartridges: The Sumiko Pearl turntable cartridge replaces any standard 1/2" mount cartridge from Shure, Audio Technica, Ortofon, Pickering, Empire, Grado, etc..
- Stylus: The Sumiko Rainier has the ability to change to the Olympia or Moonstone stylus for additional upgrade without replacing the entire cartridge.
- Internal Impedance: 1.130Ω
- Load Impedance: 47kΩ
- Frequency Response: 15Hz to 25kHz
- Output Voltage: 5.0mV
- Channel Separation: 25dB @ 1kHz
- Channel Balance: 1.5dB @ 1kHz
- Compliance: 10 x 10-6 cm/dyn @100Hz
- Recommended Load Capacitance: 100pF to 200pF
- Vertical Tracking Angle: 20°
- Tracking Force: 1.8g to 2.2g
- Recommended Force: 2.0g
- Cartridge Weight: 6.5g
Our Product Research Team
At Crutchfield, you'll get detailed, accurate information that's hard to find elsewhere. That's because we have our own in-house Product Research team. They verify what’s in the box, check the owner's manual, and record dimensions, features and specs. We stay on top of new products and technologies to help people make informed choices.