About the Sumiko Rainier
Solid Sumiko workmanship
Sumiko has been around for more than 30 years, and they've never stopped working to improve their impressive line of phono cartridges. The Rainier cartridge features an integrated body style that marks an upgrade from the best-selling Pearl, and that's really saying something. Solid frequency response in the 15-25,000 Hz range ensures that you can hear every note in your favorite recordings.
- moving magnet design
- elliptical diamond stylus
- frequency response 15-25,000 Hz
- output voltage: 5 mV
- stereo separation: 25 dB
- channel balance: 1.5 dB
- tracking force range: 1.8-2.2 grams
- recommended tracking force: 2 grams
- load impedance: 47k ohms
- cartridge weight: 6.5 grams
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # RAINIER
What's in the box:
- Turntable cartridge (MM)
- Plastic stylus guard
- 2 Mounting screws
- 2 Plastic washers
Sumiko Rainier reviews
This cartridge is well designed for easy mounting. Getting the tracking force correct was more difficult. I noticed at the recommended 2 grams, my records begin to skip near the end of the record. After examination I found the tracking force changed as the record played. It got lighter and lighter. If I start with a tracking force of 2.4 grams, then I stopped the skipping. Sound quality is excellent. With each album I played I got a bigger smile.
Pros: Sound quality, easy to install
Cons: Tracking force issues
0 of 0 found this helpful
More details on the Sumiko Rainier
Moving Magnet Cartridge: The Sumiko Rainier is a moving magnet phono cartridge with an all-new integrated body and generator system that significantly reduces internal resonances. It features an aluminum pipe cantilever, elliptical stylus, and pure copper wiring. The Rainier cartridge offers smooth, natural sound reproduction.
Compatibility: The Sumiko Rainier turntable cartridge is an ideal replacement for any standard 1/2" mount turntable or headshell.
- Turntables: The Sumiko Rainier turntable cartridge supports turntables manufactured by Pro-Ject, Technics, Sony, Pioneer, Dual, Kenwood, Marantz, Denon, etc..
- Cartridges: The Sumiko Pearl turntable cartridge replaces any standard 1/2" mount cartridge from Shure, Audio Technica, Ortofon, Pickering, Empire, Grado, etc..
- Stylus: The Sumiko Rainier has the ability to change to the Olympia or Moonstone stylus for additional upgrade without replacing the entire cartridge.
- Internal Impedance: 1.130Ω
- Load Impedance: 47kΩ
- Frequency Response: 15Hz to 25kHz
- Output Voltage: 5.0mV
- Channel Separation: 25dB @ 1kHz
- Channel Balance: 1.5dB @ 1kHz
- Compliance: 10 x 10-6 cm/dyn @100Hz
- Recommended Load Capacitance: 100pF to 200pF
- Vertical Tracking Angle: 20°
- Tracking Force: 1.8g to 2.2g
- Recommended Force: 2.0g
- Cartridge Weight: 6.5g