About the Sumiko S.0
A compact sub with a big kick
A custom 6-1/2" down-firing woofer and 120-watt high-current amp give the little Sumiko S.0 a powerful kick.
A compact sub with a big kick
The Sumiko S.0 powered subwoofer may be tiny, but it kicks like a mule. Taking up less than a square foot of floor space, this ultra-compact sub delivers pinpoint-precise bass that blends in perfectly with your main speakers to really flesh out the sound of your system. It's ideal for enhancing bedroom surround sound setups, gaming systems, or even high-end desktop systems — anywhere you want great-sounding bass, but are short on space. Plus, its gorgeous, high-gloss lacquer finish and solid aluminum feet make it a stylish addition to any room.
Bring your music, movies, and video games to life
The S.0's custom, long-throw 6-1/2" woofer is paired with a powerful, high-current 120-watt amplifier for tight, accurate bass. You'll feel the rumble of explosions in your favorite Hollywood blockbusters and hear the crowds roar when you score a goal in your favorite game. It's great for music, too, like when you want to really appreciate the deep, sonorous lines of a Bach cello suite.
Flexible connectivity and controls
Sumiko knows that seamlessly pairing the sound of a subwoofer to a stereo or surround sound speaker system can be tricky. That's why they gave the S.0 versatile connectivity and control options.
To enjoy optimum bass quality when playing stereo music, you can use the sub's unique speaker-level connector to hook it to your amp's speaker outputs. Or, use the S.0's dedicated LFE (Low Frequency Effects) input to connect your A/V receiver or pre/pro's LFE output for maximum home theater bass slam. The sub even allows you to have both inputs connected at the same time, so no matter what you're listening to you'll hear the best bass possible. Separate volume controls for the speaker-level and LFE inputs allow you to individually fine-tune the bass for music and home theater, so there's no need to turn it up for movies, and then turn it down for music.
- frequency response: 45-120 Hz (-3dB)
- 120-watt built-in Class AB amplifier (250-watts peak power)
- down-firing 6-1/2" long-throw, treated-paper cone woofer
- acoustic suspension (sealed) enclosure
- continuously variable low-pass 30-120 Hz crossover
- phase switch (0-180°)
- separate auto power on/off and main power switches
- line-level/LFE inputs
- speaker-level inputs
- Neutrik Speakon® connector and 30-foot cable included
- separate volume controls for speaker/line-level input and LFE input
- 9-11/16"W x 10-13/16"H x 11"D
- weight: 20.3 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # S.0 BK
What's in the box:
- Powered subwoofer
- 6' AC power cord
- 32.8' Neutrik Speakon cable
- Owner's Manual
Sumiko S.0 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Sumiko S.0
Features & specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||6 1/2|
|Low-Pass Crossover Freq||30-120Hz|
|High-Pass Crossover Freq||N/A|
|Amplifier Output (watts)||120|
|Frequency Response||45-120 Hz|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||3 Years|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||3 Years|
6.5" Woofer: The Sumiko S.0 powered sub features a down-firing 6.5" long-throw, treated-paper cone woofer with a wide rubber surround and a steel basket. The 6.5" long-throw, treated-paper cone woofer is rigid, yet light-weight and can produce low frequencies down to 45Hz.
120-Watt Amp: The 6.5" long-throw woofer is powered by a built-in 120 watt (RMS) / 250 watt (Peak) Class AB amplifier for dynamic bass response. This well designed amplifier controls the woofer throughout its push-pull motion for tight, accurate bass.
Sealed MDF Cabinet: The Sumiko S.0 powered subwoofer utilizes an acoustic suspension (sealed) MDF cabinet with either a gloss black or gloss white lacquer finish that is rigid and beautiful. Unlike many other speaker manufactures that want to mask the sound of the cabinet, Sumiko designed its powered sub enclosures so they work in synergy with the woofer and perfectly complement one another for detailed, accurate bass sound.
Controls: The Sumiko S.0 offers a variety of controls to match the powered sub to your system. All controls are on the rear-panel of the powered subwoofer.
- Volume Level: The volume level control is used to raise or lower the output level of the powered sub in relation to the other speakers in your system. There is a separate volume control for the LFE input, versus the low-level line input and speaker-level input.
- Low-Pass Crossover: The 24db/oct variable low-pass crossover (30-120Hz) lets you obtain the optimum transition between the powered sub's low frequency response and your main speakers overall frequency response.
- Phase Switch: The Phase switch (0 or 180°) is used to blend the output of the powered sub with your main speakers to compensate for any problems that may occur due to placement constraints.
Connections: The Sumiko S.0 powered subwoofer is fitted with a LFE, RCA, and Neutrik Speakon input to connect with a variety of home audio system.
- LFE Input: The LFE input is a mono-RCA input which is not affected by the powered subwoofer's low-pass crossover. It is designed to connect the Sumiko S.0 to a receiver which features a dedicated subwoofer output which features its own low-pass crossover.
- RCA Line Input: If your receiver does not feature a dedicated subwoofer output, but does feature RCA outputs, you can use the powered sub's RCA line input. The Sumiko S.0's RCA line input will utilize the powered sub's built-in low-pass crossover.
- Neutrik Speakon: The Sumiko S.0 uses a Neutrik Speakon connector and the included 3-wire cable to make a speaker-level connection between the powered sub and the front-channel outputs of your integrated amplifier, power amp, or stereo receiver. The included cable plugs into the Neutrik Speakon connector on the back of the powered sub and then wires to the positive posts of the left & right front channels, as well as one of the negative posts of the front channels.
Placement: Sumiko recommends corner loading the powered subwoofer for optimum bass performance. If corner loading the powered sub is not possible in your room, then play around with placing the speaker around the room (along front wall, along side walls, along back wall) for the best bass performance in your application.
Auto Power On/Off: The S.0 powered subwoofer has an Auto Power On/Off circuit which automatically turns the powered subwoofer on when a signal is fed to the powered sub and turns it off when there is no signal present.
Detachable AC Power Cord: The Sumiko S.0 powered sub comes with a detachable 6' AC power cord with a 3-prong connector.
Protection Circuitry: To prevent accidental damage to the powered subwoofer, the Sumiko S.0 features internal short circuit, over-heating, & DC fault protection circuits.