About the Grado GS1000e
Sound that brings it all back home
Sound that brings it all back home
All of Grado's headphones are impressive performers, but even in such luminous company, the Statement Series GS1000e stands out. Grado carefully handcrafts these gorgeous mahogany beauties to recreate all the emotions your favorite artists pour into their performances. Rhythms and melodies obscured by lesser headphones are revealed with crystaline clarity — delighting and surprising you at every turn.
These headphones feature updates to Grado's previous GS1000i headphones, including an improved driver design, better acoustic damping, and a new cable. The GS1000e's extra-large wooden earpieces and air chambers allow them to deliver massive dynamic impact with extremely low distortion and coloration, while serving up a powerful underpinning of taut, tuneful bass. Like all Grado headphones, the GS1000e can be driven using the headphone outputs on most home audio systems, but to really hear them sing a headphone amplifier is strongly recommended.
Old-school looks with up-to-the-minute technology
The GS1000e uses Grado's vented "open-air" earcup design for more spacious sound and deeper low frequency response. Each pair is made in Brooklyn, New York from a specially selected species of mahogany. The wood is carefully cured between production steps to achieve optimum sound quality, and takes advantage of the wood's natural warmth and light weight. The GS1000e's extra-large ear cushions create a "room" around your ears. This added space creates a huge soundstage for your music, and provides enhanced wearing comfort. Ultra-high purity copper voice coils and a beefy twelve-conductor connecting cable deliver refined sound with a high degree of control and accuracy. The GS1000e's ultra-wide frequency range ensures you'll hear every bit of your music. And the genuine leather headband can be adjusted for a comfortable fit.
These are headphones made for those listening sessions at home when you're playing music through your best audio system, intending to savor every note. If you take your music seriously, then invest in some headphones that are serious about sound — like the Grado GS1000i stereo headphones.
— Ralph, Crutchfield Blog Editor and A/V Writer
- open-back, over-the-ear design with replaceable ear cushions
- vented diaphragms (open-air) for spacious, low-distortion sound and extended bass response
- 50mm dynamic drivers
- extra-large mahogany wood enclosures and air chambers provide natural sonic warmth and smoothness in a lighter weight design
- special "de-stressed" diaphragms and an eight-conductor connecting cable for enhanced levels of inner detail with a more open sound
- extra-large ear cushions, precisely matched drivers, and increased air flow through improved rear metal screens deliver a large soundstage free from coloration
- adjustable leather headband for a custom fit
- driver pairs matched to within 0.05 dB for better stereo imaging
- ultra-high purity, long-crystal copper (UHPLC) voice coil wire
- ultra-high purity, 12-conductor headphone cable terminated with a 1/4" plug
- 1/8" plug adapter and 12' 3" extension cable included
- frequency response: 8-35,000 Hz
- sound pressure level (at 1mW): 98 dB
- impedance: 32 ohms
- weight: 14.2 oz.
- warranty: 1 year (does not include earpads)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # gs1000e
What's in the box:
- Over-ear headphones with attached 81" cable (1/4" plug)
- 1/4"-to-3.5mm Mini-Adapter cable (6" length)
- 12.25' Extension cable (male and female 1/4" connectors)
- "Celebrating Over 60 Years of Tradition" sheet
- Headphone/Warranty info sheet
Grado GS1000e reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Grado GS1000e
Features & specs
|Earcup Width x Height||4.181" x 4.181"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||No|
|Frequency Response||8-35k Hz|
|Cord Length||81" + 147"|
|1/4-inch Adapter Included||No|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
e series: The Grado e series represents the company's third generation of headphones. Every aspect of the headphones; the drivers, cable, plug, even the glue; has been upgraded for better sound quality and dynamics. As in the previous series, the e series headphones are all made by hand at the Grado Lab facility in Brooklyn, NY.
Statement Series: Grado's Statement Series contains only one model of headphones in this class: the GS1000. The GS1000 features hand-crafted real Mahogany wood, which undergoes a proprietary curing process to enhance its natural tone properties. Because wood is subject to variations in density, the curing process ensures consistency of the signature Grado sound. The Grado Labs use Rhodium, the most expensive precious metal on earth, to prevent corrosion on the connectors. New driver cones and voice coil have been fine-tuned to be consistent throughout the frequency range.
GS1000e: The Grado GS1000e over-ear headphones have an open back design, with a hand-crafted, real Mahogany earpiece. The natural wood and Grado Lab's advance damping treatments, help control and dissipate ringing in the chamber, and other unwanted resonances. The headphones utilize UHPLC (Ultra-High Purity, Long Crystal) oxygen-free copper voice coil wire and state-of-the-art driver design. The 50mm drivers in the GS1000e are matched to within 0.05dB for optimum stereo imaging. The headphones also have a genuine top-grain leather padded head strap.
12-Conductor Audio Cable: The GS1000e has a high-quality 81" 12-conductor audio cable with a 6.5mm (1/4") gold-plated plug. This new cable design exhibits greater control over the entire frequency spectrum. The plug has a sturdy molded sleeve with ample stress relief. Included in the box is a gold-plated, snap-on 6.5mm-to-3.5mm Mini Adapter Cable that you can use with your portable audio components, and a 12'-3" extension.
Note: The size of the 3.5mm plug sleeve may cause interference with some smartphone cases.
Replaceable Cushions: The high-quality extra-large foam rubber circum-aural ear cushions can be removed for cleaning, if needed. If they show signs of wear, you can replace them with the Grado Replacement Cushion G.
Note: The headphone's ear cushions are not covered in the manufacturer's one-year warranty.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
2 questions already asked