About the Grado GS1000i
Sound that brings it all back home
Sound that brings it all back home
All of Grado's headphones are impressive performers, but even in such luminous company, the Statement Series GS1000i stands out. Grado carefully handcrafts these gorgeous mahogany beauties to recreate all the emotions your favorite artists pour into their performances. Rhythms and melodies obscured by lesser headphones are revealed with crystaline clarity — delighting and surprising you at every turn. Their extra-large wooden earpieces and air chambers allow them to deliver massive dynamic impact with extremely low distortion and coloration, while serving up a powerful underpinning of taut, tuneful bass. Like all Grado headphones, the GS1000i can be driven using the headphone outputs on most home audio systems, but to really hear them sing a headphone amplifier is strongly recommended.
Old-school looks with up-to-the-minute technology
The GS1000i uses Grado's vented "open-air" earcup design for more spacious sound and deeper low frequency response. Each pair is made in Brooklyn, New York from a specially selected species of mahogany. The wood is carefully cured between production steps to achieve optimum sound quality, and takes advantage of the wood's natural warmth and light weight. The GS1000i's extra-large ear cushions create a "room" around your ears. This added space creates a huge soundstage for your music, and provides enhanced wearing comfort. Ultra-high purity copper voice coils and a beefy eight-conductor connecting cable deliver refined sound with a high degree of control and accuracy. The GS1000i's ultra-wide frequency range ensures you'll hear every bit of your music. And the genuine leather headband can be adjusted for a comfortable fit.
From the review Grado GS1000i Stereo Headphones: Mahogany makes for marvelous sound
"These are headphones made for those listening sessions at home when you're playing music through your best audio system, intending to savor every note. If you take your music seriously, then invest in some headphones that are serious about sound — like the Grado GS1000i stereo headphones."
— Ralph, Crutchfield Blog Editor and A/V Writer
- open-back, around-the-ear design with replaceable ear cushions
- vented diaphragms (open-air) for spacious, low-distortion sound and extended bass response
- extra-large mahogany wood enclosures and air chambers provide natural sonic warmth and smoothness in a lighter weight design
- special "de-stressed" diaphragms and an eight-conductor connecting cable for enhanced levels of inner detail with a more open sound
- extra-large ear cushions, precisely matched drivers, and increased air flow through improved rear metal screens deliver a large soundstage free from coloration
- adjustable leather headband for a custom fit
- driver pairs matched to within 0.05 dB for better stereo imaging
- ultra-high purity, long-crystal copper (UHPLC) voice coil wire
- 67" ultra-high purity, long-crystal copper headphone cable terminated with a 1/4" plug (Grado 1/4"-to-1/8" mini-plug adapter and 15 ft. extension cord included)
- frequency response: 8-35,000 Hz
- sound pressure level (at 1mW): 98 dB
- impedance: 32 ohms
- warranty: 1 year (does not include earpads)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # GS1000i
What's in the box:
- Over-ear headphones
- 15' Extension cable (male 1/4" jack on one end and female 1/4" jack on the other)
- 6" Mini-plug adapter (male 3.5mm jack on one end and female 1/4" jack on the other)
- Headphone information/ Warranty information
Grado GS1000i reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Grado GS1000i
Features & specs
|Earcup Width x Height||4.125" x 4.125"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||No|
|Voice Assistant Access|
|Frequency Response||8-35k Hz|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year, earpads not incl|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year, earpads not incl|
Vented diaphragm: Grado headphones have a vented diaphragm design for a large, airy, three-dimensional sound. The wooden air chambers are hand-crafted at Grado's labs from a specially selected species of mahogany. An intricate procedure of curing is done between production steps to achieve optimal sonic quality.
Drivers: The diaphragm is made of a low mass polymer, developed with the suspension's compliance in mind, to achieve the desired low frequency response. The diaphragm's total mass is designed to provide a full 20 kHz bandwidth, while avoiding break-up at lower frequencies. High power neodymium magnets maximize efficiency and minimize weight. The left and right drivers are matched to within 0.05 dB for exact imaging.
Voice Coil: The GS1000i's voice-coils are wound from ultra-high purity, long crystal (UHPLC) oxygen free copper. This high conductivity copper yields a clear transmission and minimizes coloration, resulting in smooth, clean and dynamic sound output.
Connecting Cord: Grado also uses UHPLC copper in the cable. The new 8-conductor cable design improves the control and stability in the upper and lower frequency ranges.
G-Cushion: The GS1000i's over-ear cushion design creates a virtual room where your ears sit. The result of this room is a more spacious soundstage, and long term comfort.