About the Grado PS2000e
Grado's flagship headphones — that says it all
Grado's flagship headphones — that says it all
Grado touts the PS2000e Pro Series headphones as the absolute best they've ever made. Trust me, that's not a claim this company would make lightly. For over 60 years, they've been building and fine-tuning world-class headphones from the same shop in Brooklyn — largely by hand.
Grado's gorgeous earcups have always struck a chord with us and our customers The PS2000e 'cups are among their most ambitious: the outer housings are cast and machined from a very hard metal alloy, then fitted with a hand-carved inner sleeve of maple wood. These materials lend a wide open, warm sound with very low distortion.
Designing the drivers and earpads
Grado custom-designed the drivers, specifically so they would succeed within these hand-made earcups. They highlight the acoustic strength of the hybrid enclosures and deliver pinpoint imaging. Like most Grado headphones, the PS2000e over-ears also use a vented "open-air" earcup design with large, non-resonant air chambers for a more spacious sound.
Over-sized earpads not only keep the headphones comfortable, they also help dampen resonance. The result is well-balanced, true-to-life sound with accurate bass response.
- flagship headphones from the famed, family-owned audio shop
- made in Brooklyn, NY
- open-back, over-the-ear design with replaceable ear cushions
- extra-large hard metal alloy/maple hybrid enclosures for a wide-open soundstage with low distortion
- hand-carved maple inner enclosures lend naturally warm acoustics
- smoked chrome finish on outer enclosure
- 50mm dynamic drivers
- re-configured ultra-high purity, long-crystal copper (UHPLC) voice coil wire for effortless transient response
- driver pairs matched to within 0.05 dB for better stereo imaging
- diaphragms geometrically redesigned to produce true-to-recording acoustics
- increased air flow through vented grille
- widened, adjustable leather headband for a custom fit
- 12-conductor UHPLC headphone cable terminated with a 1/4" plug
- 3.5mm miniplug adapter included
- frequency response: 5-50,000 Hz
- sound pressure level (at 1mW): 99.8 dB
- impedance: 32 ohms
- weight: 24.7 oz.
- warranty: 1 year (does not include earpads)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # PS2000e
What's in the box:
- Over-ear headphones with 6.5' cable (1/4" plug)
- 12' Extension cable (male and female 1/4" connectors)
- 1/4"-to-3.5mm Adapter (6" cable)
- Limited Warranty
- "Grado--Welcome to the Family" sheet
Grado PS2000e reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Grado PS2000e
Features & specs
|Earcup Width x Height||4.186" x 4.186"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||No|
|Frequency Response||5-50k Hz|
|1/4-inch Adapter Included||No|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
e series: The Grado e series represents the company's third generation of headphones. Every aspect of the headphones; the drivers, cable, plug, even the glue; has been upgraded for better sound quality and dynamics. As in the previous series, the e series headphones are all made by hand at the Grado Lab facility in Brooklyn, NY.
New Flagship Headphone: The Grado PS2000e over-ear headphones are the new flagship from Grado Labs. They have an open back design, with a hand-carved, maple inner chamber, covered by a new Smoked Chrome finish. Grado first used maple in its GH1 limited edition headphones for its excellent sonic signature and its desired response. Wrapping the wood with a metal alloy eliminates ringing in the chamber and other unwanted resonances. The headphones also sport a new wider (2-3/16") leather head strap with additional padding that provides more comfort during long listening sessions.
Drivers: The PS2000e feature all-new 50mm drivers, built with the highest grade wire, voice coils, and magnets. The front cap and grille for the new driver was redesigned to minimize diffractions, so only the signal comes through. The drivers in the PS2000e are matched to within 0.05dB for optimum stereo imaging and a wider sound stage.
12-Conductor UHPLC Cable: The PS2000e has a high-quality 78" 12-conductor UHPLC (Ultra-High Purity, Long Crystal) audio cable with a 6.5mm (1/4") gold-plated plug. UHPLC copper exhibits greater stability and control over the entire frequency spectrum. The plug has a sturdy molded sleeve with ample stress relief. Included in the box is a gold-plated, snap-on 6.5mm-to-3.5mm Mini Adapter Cable that you can use with your portable audio components, and a 12' extension.
Note: The size of the 3.5mm plug sleeve may cause interference with some smartphone cases.
Replaceable Cushions: The high-quality extra-large foam rubber circum-aural ear cushions can be removed for cleaning, if needed. If they show signs of wear, you can replace them with the Grado Replacement Cushion G.
Note: The headphone's ear cushions are not covered in the manufacturer's one-year warranty.