About the Grado RS1i
Natural, organic sound
Natural, organic sound
Slip on Grado's RS1i headphones and hear your music like never before startlingly clear, with a sense of presence and transparency that takes you right into the studio or on stage with your favorite artists. Their mahogany earcups take advantage of the acoustic properties of wood to provide sound with natural warmth and smoothness. The headphones' large wooden air chambers allow them to deliver terrific sonic impact with very low distortion and coloration. You'll experience a wide, open soundstage with extended bass that complements everything from sweeping orchestral arrangements to high-energy rock. The SR1i can be driven using the headphone outputs on most home audio systems, or even a portable player or laptop using the included miniplug adapter. But these precision headphones really benefit from the addition of a headphone amplifier.
Old-school looks with up-to-the-minute technology
Like all Grado headphones, the RS1i uses a vented "open-air" earcup design for powerful, extended low frequency response and a more spacious soundstage. Each pair is hand-crafted by Grado in Brooklyn, New York from a specially selected species of mahogany. An intricate process of curing the wood is used between production steps to achieve optimum sound quality. Ultra-high purity copper voice coils and a sturdy eight-conductor connecting cable deliver refined sound with a high degree of control and accuracy. The RS1i's extra-wide frequency range ensures you'll hear all your music. And the genuine leather headband can be adjusted for a comfortable fit.
From the review Grado RS1i headphones: Silky smooth sound
"Overall, I was very pleased with the Grado RS-1i's, especially so given that they're not my preferred headphone form factor. They excel at giving your music real definition, and they have one of the silkiest presentations at the high end that I've heard in a set of on-ear headphones. I found they did real justice to almost any music I fed them, and they're beautifully balanced at medium to full listening levels. Another win for Grado."
Woody, Crutchfield A/V Writer
- open-back, on-the-ear design with replaceable ear cushions
- vented diaphragms (open-air) for spacious, low-distortion sound and extended bass response
- large mahogany wood enclosures and air chambers provide natural sonic warmth and smoothness in a lighter weight design
- special "de-stressed" diaphragms and an eight-conductor connecting cable enhance detail
- large ear cushions, precisely matched drivers, and increased air flow through improved rear metal screens deliver a large soundstage free from coloration
- adjustable leather headband for a custom fit
- driver pairs matched to within 0.05 dB for better stereo imaging
- ultra-high purity, long-crystal copper (UHPLC) voice coil wire
- 67" ultra-high purity, long-crystal copper headphone cable terminated with a 1/4" plug (Grado 1/4"-to-1/8" mini-plug adapter and 15 ft. extension cord included)
- frequency response: 12-30,000 Hz
- sound pressure level (at 1mW): 98 dB
- impedance: 32 ohms
- weight: 9 oz.
- warranty: 1 year (does not include earpads)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # RS 1i
What's in the box:
- On-ear headphones
- 15' Extension cable (male 1/4" jack on one end and female 1/4" jack on the other)
- 6" Mini-plug adapter (male 3.5mm jack on one end and female 1/4" jack on the other)
- Headphone information/ Warranty information
Grado RS1i reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Grado RS1i
Features & specs
|Earcup Width x Height||3.125" x 3.125"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||No|
|Voice Assistant Access|
|Frequency Response||12-30k Hz|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year, earpads not incl|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year, earpads not incl|
Vented diaphragm: Grado headphones have a vented diaphragm design for a large, airy, three-dimensional sound. The wooden air chambers are hand-crafted at Grado's labs from a new specially selected species of mahogany. An intricate procedure of curing is done between production steps to achieve optimal sonic quality.
Drivers: The diaphragm is made of a low mass polymer, developed with the compliance of the suspension in mind to achieve the desired low frequency response. The diaphragm's total mass is designed to provide a full 20 kHz bandwidth, while avoiding break-up at lower frequencies. High power neodymium magnets maximize efficiency and minimize weight. The left and right drivers are matched to within 0.05 dB for exact imaging.
Voice Coil: The RS1i's voice-coils are wound from ultra-high purity, long crystal (UHPLC) oxygen free copper. This high conductivity copper yields a clear transmission and minimizes coloration, resulting in smooth, clean and dynamic sound output.
Connecting Cord: Grado also uses UHPLC copper in the cable. The new 8-conductor cable design improves the control and stability in the upper and lower frequency range.