About the Grado RS2i
Natural, organic sound
Natural, organic sound
If you crave rich detailed sound with natural warmth, lifelike vocals, and explosive dynamics, Grado's Reference Series RS2i headphones have your name on them. These mahogany wood beauties immerse you in a listening experience so involving you'll want to re-explore every track in your music library. Each earcup is hand-crafted by Grado in Brooklyn, New York from a particular species of mahogany. The wood is carefully cured between production steps to achieve optimum sound quality, and takes advantage of the wood's natural acoustic properties. These Grados can be driven using the headphone outputs on most home audio systems, or even a portable player or laptop using Grado's optional miniplug adapter. But they'll really sound their best with the addition of a headphone amplifier.
Old-school looks with up-to-the-minute technology
All Grado headphones use a vented "open-air" earcup design for powerful, extended low frequency response and a more spacious soundstage. Mahogany enclosures and air chambers give you smooth, relaxed highs, while ultra-high purity copper voice coils and a sturdy eight-conductor connecting cable deliver refined sound with a high degree of control and accuracy. The RS2i's extra-wide frequency range ensures you'll hear all your music. And the genuine leather headband can be adjusted for a comfortable fit.
From the review Grado Reference Series RS2i Headphones: Mahogany earcups deliver on looks and sound
"These headphones are designed for foreground listening, ideally when you have time to sit down and fully enjoy your music. Plugged into a nice audio system, the Grado RS2 headphones can deliver an engaging listening experience. And with those mahogany earcups, look good doing it, too. "
— Ralph, Crutchfield Blog Editor and A/V Writer
- open-back, on-the-ear design with replaceable ear cushions
- vented diaphragms (open-air) for spacious, low-distortion sound and extended bass response
- mahogany wood enclosures and air chambers provide natural sonic warmth and smoothness in a lighter weight design
- special "de-stressed" diaphragms and an eight-conductor connecting cable enhance detail
- large ear cushions and increased air flow through improved rear metal screens deliver a large soundstage free from coloration
- adjustable leather headband for a custom fit
- driver pairs matched to within 0.05 dB for better stereo imaging
- ultra-high purity, long-crystal copper (UHPLC) voice coil wire
- 67" ultra-high purity, long-crystal copper (UHPLC) headphone cable terminated with a 1/4" plug (optional Grado 1/8" miniplug adapter available)
- optional 15-foot Grado headphone extension cable available
- frequency response: 14-28,000 Hz
- sound pressure level (at 1mW): 98 dB
- impedance: 32 ohms
- warranty: 1 year (does not include earpads)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # RS 2i
What's in the box:
- On-ear headphones
- Headphone information/ Warranty information
Grado RS2i reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Grado RS2i
Features & specs
|Earcup Width x Height||3.125" x 3.125"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||No|
|Voice Assistant Access|
|Frequency Response||14-28k Hz|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year, earpads not incl|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year, earpads not incl|
Vented diaphragm: Grado headphones have a vented diaphragm design for a large, airy, three-dimensional sound. The wooden air chambers are hand-crafted at Grado's labs from a new specially selected species of mahogany. An intricate procedure of curing is done between production steps to achieve optimal sonic quality.
Drivers: The diaphragm is made of a low mass polymer, developed with the compliance of the suspension in mind to achieve the desired low frequency response. The diaphragm's total mass is designed to provide a full 20 kHz bandwidth, while avoiding break-up at lower frequencies. High power neodymium magnets maximize efficiency and minimize weight. The left and right drivers are matched to within 0.05 dB for exact imaging.
Voice Coil: The RS2i's voice-coils are wound from ultra-high purity, long crystal (UHPLC) oxygen free copper. This high conductivity copper yields a clear transmission and minimizes coloration, resulting in smooth, clean and dynamic sound output.
Connecting Cord: Grado also uses UHPLC copper in the cable. The new 8-conductor cable design improves the control and stability in the upper and lower frequency range.