About the Grado SR125e
Affordable audiophile headphones
Affordable audiophile headphones
No matter what your taste in music, the Grado Prestige Series SR125e headphones can make your tunes sound better. They deliver classic Grado sound in spades — intimate midrange with full-bodied vocals, sparkling-clear highs, and tight, punchy bass. These headphones feature updates to Grado's previous SR125i headphones, including an improved driver design, better acoustic damping, and a new cable. Grado's SpaceBlack Polycarbonate enclosures minimize resonance and vibration, for sound that's clean and clear. The SR125e's sense of warmth and immediacy may occasionally startle you.
We think these 'phones make an outstanding value for audiophiles on a budget. You can easily drive them with your portable player or laptop. They also benefit nicely from the addition of a headphone amplifier.
Born in Brooklyn and built to perform
Each pair of SR125e headphones is still made right in Brooklyn, New York where the Grado family has been building award-winning audio gear for more than 60 years. Like all Grado headphones, the SR125e uses a vented "open-air" earcup design with large, non-resonant air chambers for powerful, extended low frequency response and a more open, spacious sound. The diaphragm in each driver has been put through a special "de-stressing" process that allows it to deliver more music detail for an even larger soundstage. A beefy, eight-conductor connecting cable and ultra-high purity copper voice coils give these 'phones a refined, ultra-smooth top end and dynamic, yet tightly controlled bass.
- open-back, on-the-ear design with replaceable ear cushions
- vented diaphragms (open-air) for spacious, low-distortion sound and extended bass response
- special "de-stressed" diaphragms provide enhanced levels of inner detail for a more open soundstage
- Grado's SpaceBlack Polycarbonate enclosures minimize unwanted vibration and resonance for cleaner, clearer sound
- eight-conductor connecting cable for tighter, more controlled sound
- adjustable headband for a custom fit
- driver pairs matched to within 0.1 dB for better stereo imaging
- ultra-high purity, long-crystal copper (UHPLC) voice coils for smoother sound and greater accuracy
- eight-conductor copper headphone cable terminated with a 1/8" plug
- 1/4" plug adapter included
- optional 15-foot Grado headphone extension cable available
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- sound pressure level (at 1mW): 99.8 dB
- impedance: 32 ohms
- warranty: 1 year (does not include earpads)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # sr125e
What's in the box:
- On-ear headphones with attached 67" cable (3.5mm plug)
- 1/4" adapter (installed)
- "Celebrating Over 60 Years of Tradition" sheet
- Headphone/Warranty info (printed on inside of box)
Grado SR125e reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Grado SR125e
Features & specs
|Earcup Width x Height||3.135" x 3.135"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||No|
|Frequency Response||20-20k Hz|
|1/4-inch Adapter Included||Yes|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
e series: The Grado e series represents the company's third generation of headphones. Every aspect of the headphones; the drivers, cable, plug, even the glue; has been upgraded for better sound quality and dynamics. As in the previous series, the e series headphones are all made by hand at Grado's facility in Brooklyn, NY.
Prestige Series: Grado's Prestige Series of headphones has a retro look and a sound quality that is the result of over 60 years of audio research. These headphones make the pure Grado sound signature available in an affordable package.
SR125e: The Grado SR125e on-ear headphones, like the others in the Prestige Series, have an open back design that produces a full, more realistic experience. The headphones utilize UHPLC (Ultra-High Purity, Long Crystal) oxygen-free copper voice coil wire and state-of-the-art driver design. The new proprietary SpaceBlack polycarbonate housing absorbs excess energy and prevents stray resonances from interacting with the driver. The result is clearer tones, and purer sonic reproduction. The drivers in the SR125e are matched to within 0.1dB for optimum stereo imaging.
8-Conductor Audio Cable: The SR125e has a high-quality 67" 8-conductor audio cable with a 3.5mm gold-plated plug. This new cable design exhibits greater control over the low and high frequencies, and lets Grado's world-famous midranges sing. The plug has a sturdy molded sleeve with ample stress relief. Included in the box is a gold-plated, snap-on 6.5mm (1/4") adapter that you can use with your home audio components.
Note: The size of the plug sleeve may cause interference with some smartphone cases.
Replaceable Cushions: The high-quality foam rubber ear cushions can be removed for cleaning, if needed. If they show signs of wear, you can replace them with the Grado Replacement Cushion S.
Note: The headphone's ear cushions are not covered in the manufacturer's one-year warranty.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?