About the Grado SR 125x
Audiophile performance made affordable
Audiophile performance made affordable
The SR125x headphones from Grado give you a great place to start in the audiophile world. They offer the company's signature sound — one that's well-balanced, warm, and dynamic. They use Grado's new X Series drivers, which have a lighter voice coil, redesigned diaphragms, and a more powerful magnetic circuit. Those things help to give these cans fast attack and decay, great imaging and clarity, and solid low-end punch.
Couple those drivers with the SR125x's comfortable new headband and light weight, and you'll find that these headphones practically disappear while you're wearing them. Whether you're listening to Led Zeppelin or A Tribe Called Quest, the headphones will keep right up and bring you closer to your music.
These headphones offer a great value for audiophiles on a budget. You can drive them directly with your smartphone, tablet, or computer easily. For even more clarity and detail, you can pair them with a good headphone amplifier.
Hand-assembled in Brooklyn
Grado started making world-renowned audio equipment in Brooklyn in 1953 and continues to do so today. The SR60x headphones are hand-assembled in Grado's hometown headquarters on 7th Avenue.
- open-back, on-ear design with replaceable ear cushions
- new 44mm X Series drivers provide better performance and harmonic resolution
- "de-stressed" diaphragms provide enhanced levels of inner detail for a more open soundstage
- driver pairs matched to within 0.1 dB for better stereo imaging
- eight-conductor connecting cable with super-annealed copper wire for improved signal clarity and control
- cable terminates into 3.5mm plug
- 1/4" plug adapter included
- adjustable headband with extra cushioning for a comfy fit
- optional 15-foot Grado headphone extension cable available
- frequency response: 20-20,000 Hz
- sound pressure level (at 1mW): 99.8 dB
- impedance: 38 ohms
- warranty: 1 year (does not include earpads)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SR 125x
What's in the box:
- On-ear headphones with attached 68" cable (straight 3.5mm plug)
- 3.5mm-to-6.5mm adapter (installed)
- "Three Generations of Sound" sheet
Grado SR 125x reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Grado SR 125x
Features & specs
|Earcup Width x Height||2.49" x 2.49"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||No|
|Voice Assistant Access|
|Frequency Response||20-20k Hz|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
Overview: The Grado SR125x on-ear headphones are part of the Prestige Series of headphones that are hand-built at the Grado Labs facility in Brooklyn, NY. The headphones are equipped with a 44mm X Series driver, the 4th Generation of Grado drivers, specifically tuned for the SR125x. Along with new drivers, the SR125x sports a newly redesigned cable and headband for better sound and comfort. Grado Prestige Series headphones have a retro look, and a Signature Sound that is the result of over 65 years of heritage and dedication to quality. Grado Headphones are covered by a 1-year warranty.
Construction: The new 44mm dynamic drivers have a more powerful magnetic circuit than past versions, along with a voice coil with decreased effective mass and a reconfigured diaphragm. This combination makes the headphones more efficient, reduces distortion, and prevents unwanted coloration of your music. The SR125x features "de-stressed" diaphragms that offer a smoother, more open sound quality. These newly-designed drivers are matched to within 0.1dB for optimum stereo imaging. The SR125x features an open back design that produces a full, more realistic experience. The new rugged body helps to eliminate resonances that can cause distortion. This new Prestige Series headphone includes a new headband with more cushioning for a more comfortable listening experience.
Cable: The SR125x has a high-quality 68" 8-conductor audio cable with a 3.5mm gold-plated plug. The cable has been improved with a tougher braided jacket, and a super annealed copper wire for better purity. The plug has a sturdy molded sleeve with ample stress relief. A gold-plated, snap-on 6.5mm (1/4") adapter is included for use with your home audio components.
Note: The size of the plug sleeve may cause interference with some smartphone cases.
Replaceable Cushions: The high-quality foam rubber ear cushions can be removed for cleaning, if needed. If they show signs of wear, you can replace them with the Grado Replacement Cushion S.
Note: The headphone's ear cushions are not covered in the manufacturer's one-year warranty.
- Frequency Response: 20Hz - 20kHz
- SPL (1mW): 99.8dB
- Nominal Impedance: 38 ohms
The Grado SR 125x replaces these items
- open-back, on-the-ear design with replaceable ear cushions
- "de-stressed" diaphragms for greater sonic detail and spaciousness
- eight-conductor connecting cable and ultra-high purity, long-crystal (UHPLC) copper voice coils for fuller, more controlled sound