About the Grado SR225i
Get closer to the music
Get closer to the music
Grado's SR225i headphones deliver the kind of dynamic impact and natural, uncolored sound that gets your toes tapping and keeps you listening to your tunes late into the night. They also give audiophiles and music lovers enhanced, low-level resolving power that helps uncover fresh details on familiar recordings. Offering incredible bang for the buck, these impressive performers neatly occupy the sweet spot at the corner of "affordable" and "fantastic." You can easily drive them using the headphone outputs on most home audio systems, and they even work great with your portable player or laptop using Grado's optional miniplug adapter. They also benefit nicely from the addition of a headphone amplifier.
Born in Brooklyn and built to perform
Each pair of SR225i headphones is still made right in Brooklyn, New York where the Grado family has been building award-winning audio gear for almost 60 years. Like all Grado headphones, the SR225i uses a vented "open-air" earcup design with large, non-resonant air chambers for powerful, extended low frequency response and a more open, spacious sound. Drivers on the left and right channels are carefully matched to within 0.05 dB of each other for precise stereo imaging. They also feature large ear cushions and improved rear metal screens with enhanced air flow, for a larger soundstage and wider frequency response. A beefy, eight-conductor connecting cable and ultra-high purity copper voice coils give these 'phones a refined, ultra-smooth top-end and dynamic, yet tightly controlled bass.
From the review Grado SR225i headphones: open sound and plentiful detail
"For listening at home, they're great. My music didn't sound 'closed in,' and that made it more enjoyable. I also heard a lot of detail, especially in the mid-range and high end. If you're ready to graduate to a quality pair of headphones for some serious listening sessions, the Grado SR225i headphones are a good place to start."
Ralph Graves, Crutchfield Blog and Product Review Editor
- open-back, on-the-ear design with replaceable ear cushions
- vented diaphragms (open-air) for spacious, low-distortion sound and extended bass response
- special "de-stressed" diaphragms and a eight-conductor connecting cable for enhanced inner detail and a more open sound
- large ear cushions and increased air flow through improved rear metal screens deliver a larger soundstage free from coloration
- adjustable headband for a custom fit
- driver pairs matched to within 0.05 dB for better stereo imaging
- ultra-high purity, long-crystal copper (UHPLC) voice coil wire
- 67" standard eight-conductor copper headphone cable terminated with a 1/4" plug (optional Grado 1/8" miniplug adapter available)
- optional 15-foot Grado headphone extension cable available
- frequency response: 20-22,000 Hz
- sound pressure level (at 1mW): 98 dB
- impedance: 32 ohms
- warranty: 1 year (does not include earpads)
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SR 225i
What's in the box:
- On-ear headphones
- Headphone information/ Warranty information
Grado SR225i reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Grado SR225i
Features & specs
|Earcup Width x Height||3.125" x 3.125"|
|Mic For Taking Calls||No|
|Frequency Response||20-22k Hz|
|1/4-inch Adapter Included||No|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year, earpads not incl|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year, earpads not incl|
Vented diaphragm: Grado headphones have a vented diaphragm for a large, airy, three-dimensional sound. The large air chamber is designed to extend the bass response.
Drivers: The diaphragm is made of a low mass polymer, developed with the compliance of the suspension in mind to achieve the desired low frequency response. The diaphragm's total mass is designed to provide a full 20 kHz bandwidth, while avoiding break-up at lower frequencies. High power neodymium magnets maximize efficiency and minimize weight. The left and right drivers are matched to within 0.05 dB for exact imaging.
Voice Coil: The SR225i's voice-coils are wound from ultra-high purity, long crystal (UHPLC) oxygen free copper. This high conductivity copper yields a clear transmission and minimizes coloration, resulting in smooth, clean and dynamic sound output.