About the Aiwa Exos-9
Aiwa brings back the glory days of the classic boombox with the Exos-9 portable Bluetooth speaker. Five built-in speakers and 200 watts of continuous power ensure your music will be heard loud and clear — even in the great outdoors. And with a dedicated subwoofer the bass will be thumpin' old-school.
5 speakers for big, brawny sound
The Exos-9 features two 1" silk dome tweeters and two 3" neodymium midrange drivers for clean, dynamic sound. The midrange speakers are acoustically isolated in the cabinet to ensure clarity. A 6-1/2" dual voice coil subwoofer cranks out the lows (down to 40 Hz), further reinforced by a rear-firing bass reflex port.
Pairing and operation
Aiwa's made pairing simple – turn on the Exo-9 and it's ready to pair with your device. And the system has built-in NFC (Near Field Communication), so you can pair a compatible device just by touching it to the speaker.
Want even MORE sound? You can pair two Exos-9s together. You can either set them for simple two-channel stereo sound or have one play a summed (left + right) stereo signal.
The speaker has top-mounted control buttons. So you can control it without touching your smartphone.
Power to spare
The speaker's removable rechargeable battery gives you up to 9 hours of portable operation at full power. And you can keep your smartphone charged through the Exos-9's USB charging port.
- high-fidelity Bluetooth aptX® audio coding for greater sonic detail with compatible devices
- range: 50 feet
- frequency response: 40-20,000 Hz
- continuous power output: 200 watts
- Max. SPL: 100dB+
- Class D bi-amplification
- 5 built-in speakers
- two 1" silk dome tweeters
- two 3" neodymium midrange drivers, acoustically isolated for cleaner sound
- one 6-1/2" dual voice coil subwoofer with bass reflex port
- NFC (Near Field Communication) one-touch pairing with compatible device
- 5-band customizable EQ with 4 presets
- pair two Exos-9 speakers
- play in stereo separated (L + R), or dual stereo (LR + LR)
- stereo minijack input for portable devices
- USB charging port for smartphone
- padded built-in handle
- removable rechargeable battery lasts up to 9 hours
- micro USB port for firmware updates
- AC adapter and power cord
- 19-3/8"W x 11-5/8"H x 7-1/2"D
- weight: 13 lbs.
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # Exos 9
What's in the box:
- Bluetooth portable speaker
- Battery pack
- 6.5' AC power cord
- 30" Stereo minijack cable
- Quick Start Guide
- Letter from Aiwa
Aiwa Exos-9 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Aiwa Exos-9
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: The Aiwa Exos-9 features built-in Bluetooth 4.0 with support for wireless audio streaming (A2DP) and control (AVRCP) - up to 50'. You can wirelessly stream stored music, music apps, and other content on your Bluetooth enabled smartphone (including iPhone & Android), tablet (including iPad & Android), laptop (including Windows & Mac), or desktop computer (including Windows & Mac) to the Exos-9 speaker. You'll also be able to control Play/Pause and Volume Up/Down from the Bluetooth speaker.
- Codecs: In addition to supporting Bluetooth's standard SBC codec, the Exos-9 lets you enjoy high-quality Qualcomm aptX (compatible with most Androids) & AAC (compatible with iPhone) audio codecs, so you can enjoy the highest quality sound that is rich and crystal clear.
- Pairing: The Exos-9 supports SSP (Simple Secure Pairing) & NFC (Near Field Communication) to wirelessly connect your devices. Simple Secure Pairing allows you to wirelessly pair most Bluetooth device without having to enter a pin-code. Near Field Communication allows you to wirelessly pair Android OS 4.0+ and other devices that support NFC by simply touching the device to the Exos-9 speaker. You can pair up to 8 Bluetooth source devices to the Exos-9, but only one device can be connected at a time for wireless music playback.
Note: The Exos-9 does not support Bluetooth hands-free communication for phone calls. A phone call will mute the music/audio and only play through your phone. After the call, your music/audio will resume automatically.
5 Speaker Array: The Exos-9 Bluetooth speaker is outfitted with a five speaker array which includes two 1" silk dome tweeters for crystal clear highs, two 3" neodymium midrange drivers for detailed vocals, and one 6.5" dual voice-coil subwoofer for deep bass. The speaker enclosure features a bass reflex port for greater efficiency and bigger bass response, plus acoustically isolated midrange chambers for better reproduction of male & female vocals.
200W Class-D Bi-Amplification: The Aiwa Exos-9's five driver array is powered by 200 watts (continuous) of Class-D bi-amplification with active and passive crossovers for a dynamic, broad, and natural soundstage.
Wireless Two Speaker (TWS) Pairing: Two Exos-9 speakers can be linked wirelessly via Bluetooth so they can play synchronized audio. You can have them mirror each other, or have them form a stereo pair - one plays the left and one plays the right. Wireless Two Speaker (TWS) Pairing is only supported up to 20'.
Equalizer: You can choose from 4 EQ Presets to tailor the sound by enhancing Bass (preset 1), Midrange (preset 2), Treble (preset 3) or turning the EQ off (preset 4). The Bluetooth speaker also has a 5-Band EQ (Bass, Midbass, Mid, Mid-highs, and Treble) which can be adjusted from -18 to +12dB to fine tune the sound.
Aux Input: In addition to wireless Bluetooth connectivity, the Aiwa Exos-9 is outfitted with a 3.5mm aux input for connecting a portable audio player with an analog or headphone output.
USB Charging (5V/1A): The Exos-9 is capable of recharging the battery of your Bluetooth-enabled device from the speaker's built-in USB-A (5V/1A) port. Now you don't need to carry an extra charger to keep your devices powered up. This USB port does not support audio playback.
LCD Screen & Controls: The Aiwa Exos-9 has a front-panel LCD screen to indicate Source Selection, Volume, EQ setting, and Battery level. The LCD screen does not provide song/artist/album information from your Bluetooth or Aux music source. The screen turns off after 15 seconds of inactivity in order to save battery life; press any button to light it up again There is a front-panel rotary volume control and top-panel touch-sensitive controls to Pair via Bluetooth, adjust the EQ, as wells operate Play/Pause for your connected Bluetooth source device. The Power on/off switch is located on the back of the speaker.
Rechargeable Battery + AC Power: The Aiwa Exos-9 Bluetooth speaker can be powered using the included battery pack or AC power adapter. The included battery pack must be installed and provides 8-10 hours of playback time (depends on music & volume level). The included AC power adapter can be used to power the speaker, as well as charge the battery (it takes approximately 2-3 hours for a full charge).
Note: There is a Battery Save mode which can be used to extend the Bluetooth speaker's battery life, by removing some of the lowest, most power-hungry bass harmonics from your music.
Carry Handle: The Aiwa Exos-9 has a convenient built-in carry handle to move the Bluetooth speaker around your house. Although the Exos-9 is portable, it is not waterproof or water-resistant.
Placement: With a large, powerful, bass-reflex speaker like the Exos-9, where you put the speaker can affect the sound. If you place the Exos-9 near a wall or in a corner, the bass may increase.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
11 questions already asked