About the iDatalink HRN-RR-AU1
iDatalink meets Audi
iDatalink meets Audi
iDatalink's HRN-RR-AU1 installation harness simplifies the installation of the Maestro ADS-MRR or ADS-MRR2 Car Radio Replacement Interface module (sold separately) in select Audi vehicles when replacing your factory radio with an iDatalink Serial Port compatible car stereo.
The package includes connectors that plug in between the Maestro module, your factory radio's wiring plugs, and the serial port on your new car stereo. This harness features an in-line head-unit connector harness, which will plug into their new "Head-unit direct" harnesses for select radio brands. If you're installing a radio that doesn't work with a "Head-unit direct" harness, you simply cut off the plug and connect the wires to the harness included with your new radio.
Retain factory features
With select iDatalink-compatible radios from Alpine, JVC, Kenwood, Pioneer, and Sony, you'll be able to retain the use of these factory features:
- Audi's multi-function display
- steering wheel controls
- use of the factory amplifier, including balance and fade control
Extra features with an iDatalink-ready car stereo
If you're buying a compatible iDatalink-ready car stereo, you'll be able to display gauges and vehicle info on your receiver's screen, plus read and reset engine codes.
Installation note: The HRN-RR-AU1 adapter must be used with the iDatalink Maestro ADS-MRR or ADS-MRR2 module to connect a new car stereo to your vehicle.
- allows installation of new receiver in select Audi vehicles (also requires the Maestro ADS-MRR or ADS-MRR2 module)
- retains the use of your steering wheel audio controls and factory amp in select vehicles
- retains multi-function display with iDatalink-ready radios
- displays engine performance data on touchscreen with iDatalink-ready radios
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # HRN-RR-AU1
What's in the box:
iDatalink HRN-RR-AU1 owner's manual
- Interface harness
- Vehicle harness (style 1)
- 2-Piece vehicle harness (style 2)
- Front preout harness
- Rear preout harness
- OBDII connector harness
iDatalink HRN-RR-AU1 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the iDatalink HRN-RR-AU1
Audi Harness: The iDatalink Maestro HRN-RR-AU1 installation harness greatly simplifies the installation of the Maestro RR or RR2 Car Radio Replacement Interface module (sold separately) in select Audi vehicles when replacing your factory radio with an iDatalink Serial Port compatible head unit from Kenwood, JVC, Alpine, Sony, and Pioneer; or other aftermarket head unit.
- Vehicle Compatibility: Click here for a list of compatible Audi vehicles.
- Radio Compatibility: Click here for a list of fully compatible aftermarket head units with an iDatalink Serial Port.
Notes: The iDatalink Maestro HRN-RR-AU1 installation harness requires the purchase of the iDatalink Maestro RR or RR2 (sold separately).
Head Unit Connection: The HRN-HRR-AU1 supports iDatalink's Direct T-Harnesses (sold separately) for direct connection to select iDatalink Serial Port compatible head units (including Kenwood, JVC, Alpine, Sony, and Pioneer radios) - replacing the wiring harness that comes with your aftermarket stereo (some hardwiring may still be required). If connecting to an aftermarket headunit that does not support an iDatalink Direct T-Harness, you'll need to cut-off and remove the 20-pin black connector from the HRN-HRR-AU1 harness and each wire spliced directly to the aftermarket radio's corresponding wire.
Flashing Module via Weblink Desktop: The iDatalink Maestro RR or RR2 will need to be loaded with correct firmware before installation. The included USB cable plugs into your computer and allows you to "flash" the Maestro RR with the appropriate firmware to prepare it for installation. Simply download Weblink Desktop (for Windows and Mac) onto your computer to access the appropriate firmware. System requirements include -
- Windows PC (10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP/2000) or Mac OS X (Mojave [10.14], HighSierra [10.13], Sierra [10.12], El-Capitan [10.11])
- Available USB port (version 2.0 or 3.0)
- 4GB RAM or more
- 200MB available space on HDD
- Internet connection
Retained Features: The following factory features (if applicable) are retained when replacing your factory radio with a compatible iDatalink Serial Port head unit from Kenwood, JVC, Alpine, or Pioneer using the Maestro RR or RR2 Car Radio Replacement Interface module and HRN-RR-AU1 installation harness.
- Factory Amplifier: Retains factory amplifier with balance and fade control.
- Steering Wheel Controls: Factory steering wheel controls are retained with two function buttons and expandable radio functions.
- Multi-Function Display: Retains factory multi-function display (MFD) to indicate audio source, song/artist/album information, and Caller ID.
Note: When installing an aftermarket head unit without the iDatalink Serial Port, only steering wheel control and factory amplifier are retained.
Extra Features: The following Extra features are added when replacing your aftermarket head unit with a compatible iDatalink Serial Port head unit from Kenwood, JVC, Pioneer, or Alpine using the Maestro RR or RR2 Car Radio Replacement Interface module and HRN-RR-AU1 installation harness.
- Vehicle Info: Read/Reset Engine Codes.
- Gauges: Selectable Performance Gauges and "Track Pack" Gauges
Outputs: The HRN-RR-AU1 provides Navigation, Accessory Power, and Illumination Outputs to make installation simpler.
- Navigation: Parking Brake, Reverse Light, and VSS (Vehicle Speed Sense).
- Accessory Power Output: 12V/15A Accessory Power Output
- Illumination Output: Illumination Output