About the iDatalink HRN-RR-FI1 Factory Integration Adapter
Retain your Fiat's features
Retain your Fiat's features
Working in conjunction with iDatalink's Maestro ADS-MRR module, iDatalink's HRN-RR-FI1 wiring adapter allows you to connect a new car stereo in select 2012-up Fiat vehicles. Once connected, you'll retain the use of your steering wheel audio controls, plus gain the ability to program two functions for each button. The harness also turns on your factory amp (if present) and provides the outputs necessary to install a radio with navigation functions, including accessory power, illumination, parking brake, VSS, and foot brake outputs.
With select iDatalink-compatible radios from Kenwood, Alpine, JVC and Pioneer, you'll also be able to retain your Fiat's aux input, along with the use of the Blue&Me features, including the media player, hands-free calling, and Bluetooth streaming. With these receivers, you'll also be able to set up gauges that display engine performance and other vehicle info on your screen. Warranty: 1 year.
Installation note: The HRN-RR-FI1 adapter must be used with the iDatalink Maestro ADS-MRR module to connect a new car stereo to your Fiat.
- allows installation of a new car stereo in select Fiat vehicles (also requires the Maestro ADS-MRR module)
- retains the use of your steering wheel audio controls and factory amp
- adds extra functionality when you install an iDatalink-compatible car stereo
- retains the use of the Blue&Me features (media player, hands-free calling, and Bluetooth streaming)
- allows you to view gauges that display engine performance and other vehicle info on your receiver's screen
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # HRN-RR-FI1
What's in the box:
- 23" Fiat installation harness (for use with Maestro RR interface)
- OBD connector (w/ attached 48" wire harness)
More details on the iDatalink HRN-RR-FI1 Factory Integration Adapter
Fiat Installation Harness: The iDatalink Maestro HRN-RR-FI1 installation harness greatly simplifies the installation of the Maestro RR Car Radio Replacement Interface module (794ADSMRR, sold separately) in select Fiat vehicles when replacing your factory radio with an iDatalink Serial Port compatible head unit from Kenwood, JVC, Alpine or Pioneer (click here for a list of fully compatible radios); or other aftermarket head unit.
Notes: The iDatalink Maestro HRN-RR-FI1 installation harness requires the purchase of the iDatalink Maestro RR (794ADSMRR).
Flashing the Module: The iDatalink Maestro RR (ADS-MRR) will need to be plugged into your Windows PC and loaded with the correct firmware for your vehicle before installation. Visit iDatalink's Weblink site, and follow the instructions. System Requirements for Weblink 6.3 include:
- Windows 2000 (SP4), XP (SP2), Vista, 7, 8, 8.1, or 10
- Administrative rights on your PC
- Internet Explorer 7.0 or greater (excluding 64-bit version)
- Available USB port
Note: iDatalink Maestro RR is not compatible with a Mac.
Retained Features: The following factory features (if applicable) are retained when replacing your factory radio with a compatible iDatalink Serial Port head unit from Kenwood, JVC, Alpine, or Pioneer using the Maestro RR Car Radio Replacement Interface module and HRN-RR-FI1 installation harness.
- Factory Amplifier Turn-On (also compatible in vehicles without factory amplifier)
- Bluetooth Phone
- USB Media Player
- Aux Input
- Steering Wheel Controls
Note: When installing an aftermarket head unit without the iDatalink Serial Port, only steering wheel control & amplifier turn-on are retained.
Navigation Outputs: The iDatalink Maestro HRN-RR-FI1 installation harness provides the following outputs for installing an aftermarket navigation receiver - Parking Brake, Foot Brake, & Reverse Light.
Extra Features: The following Extra features are added when replacing your aftermarket head unit with a compatible iDatalink Serial Port head unit from Kenwood, JVC, Pioneer, or Alpine using the Maestro RR Car Radio Replacement Interface module and HRN-RR-FI1 harness.
- User Selectable Gauges
- Vehicle Information (Door Open, Check Engine, Tire Pressure, & Battery Voltage)
Connections: The iDatalink Maestro HRN-RR-FI1 installation harness contains two large Molex connectors which plug into your factory radio harness. On the other end of the harness are four multi-pin connectors which plug into the Maestro RR Car Radio Replacement Interface module (794ADSMRR, sold separately). In addition, you will need to hardwire the power/ground, illumination, speaker, and navigation output leads of the HRN-RR-F1I harness to your aftermarket head unit's wiring harness.
- When using the HRN-RR-FI1 installation harness, you will not use the additional harnesses that are included with the Maestro RR Car Radio Replacement Interface module (794ADSMRR, sold separately).
- If the vehicle is equipped with a factory amplifier, then you will connect the RCA jacks of the harness to the pre-outs on back of your aftermarket receiver. If there is no factory amplifier present, then you will need to cut off the RCA connectors and hardwire these leads to the speaker outputs on your aftermarket receiver.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?