About the iDatalink HRN-RR-GM2 Interface Harness
Keep your GM factory features
Keep your GM factory features
iDatalink's HRN-RR-GM2 wiring adapter allows you to connect a new car stereo in select 2010-up GM vehicles, working in conjunction with iDatalink's Maestro ADS-MRR module. Once connected, you'll retain the use of your steering wheel audio controls in these vehicles, as well as your warning chimes, OnStar, factory amplifier, and park assist feature. If you're installing an iDatalink-ready car stereo, you'll also keep your Bluetooth, USB media player, backup camera, and the Retained Accessory Power feature (RAP).
Works with the Maestro module
The package includes connectors that plug in between the Maestro module, your factory radio's wiring plugs, and the serial port on your new car stereo (if present). You'll have to solder or splice together this harness's power/ground, illumination, and speaker wires to the corresponding wires on your aftermarket receiver's wiring harness.
Installation note: The HRN-RR-GM2 adapter must be used with the iDatalink Maestro ADS-MRR module to connect a new car stereo to your General Motors vehicle.
- allows installation of a new receiver in select GM vehicles (also requires the Maestro ADS-MRR module)
- retains the use of your steering wheel audio controls, OnStar®, factory amp, and warning chimes with any car stereo
- also retains Bluetooth, USB media player, backup camera, and Retained Accessory Power with an iDatalink-ready radio
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # HRN-RR-GM2
What's in the box:
- Vehicle harness
- Backup camera harness
- External chime module
- OBDII harness
- High-level front speaker harness
- High-level rear speaker harness
- Jumper harness
iDatalink HRN-RR-GM2 Interface Harness reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the iDatalink HRN-RR-GM2 Interface Harness
GM Harness: The iDatalink Maestro HRN-RR-GM2 installation harness greatly simplifies the installation of the Maestro RR or RR2 Car Radio Replacement Interface module (sold separately) in select GM vehicles when replacing your factory radio with an iDatalink Serial Port compatible head unit from Kenwood, JVC, Alpine, Sony, and Pioneer; or other brand of aftermarket head unit.
- Vehicle Compatibility: Click here for a list of compatible GM vehicles.
- Radio Compatibility: Click here for a list of fully compatible aftermarket head units with an iDatalink Serial Port.
Notes: The iDatalink Maestro HRN-RR-GM2 installation harness requires the purchase of the iDatalink Maestro RR or RR2 (sold separately).
Flashing Module via Weblink Desktop: The iDatalink Maestro RR (ADS-MRR) will need to be loaded with correct firmware before installation. The included USB cable plugs into your computer and allows you to "flash" the Maestro RR with the appropriate firmware to prepare it for installation. Simply download Weblink Desktop (for Windows and Mac) onto your computer to access the appropriate firmware. System requirements include -
- Windows PC (10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP/2000) or Mac OS X (Mojave [10.14], HighSierra [10.13], Sierra [10.12], El-Capitan [10.11])
- Available USB port (version 2.0 or 3.0)
- 4GB RAM or more
- 200MB available space on HDD
- Internet connection
Retained Factory Features: When installing select Kenwood, JVC, Alpine, Sony, & Pioneer in-dash receivers which contain an iDatalink serial port, the HNR-RR-GM2 harness along with the iDatalink Maestro RR or RR2 interface module allows you to retain the following GM factory features (if applicable).
- Steering Wheel Controls
- OnStar Service & Bluetooth Hands-Free
- Analog & Digital Amplifier with Turn-On, Fader, DSP, and Gain
- USB Media Player
- Factory installed backup camera
- RAP & Warning Chimes (external chime module included)
- Rear Seat Entertainment (requires AVGM2 harness; sold separately)
Note: When installing an aftermarket head unit without the iDatalink Serial Port, only steering wheel control, OnStar, factory amplifier, warning chimes, park assist are retained.
Extra Features: The following Extra features are added when replacing your aftermarket head unit with a compatible iDatalink Serial Port head unit from Kenwood, JVC, Pioneer, Sony, or Alpine using the Maestro RR or RR2 Car Radio Replacement Interface module and HNR-RR-GM2 harness.
- Performances Gauges
- Vehicle Information (TPMS, Doors, Check Engine)
- On-Screen Parking Sensor Display
Connections: The iDatalink Maestro HRN-RR-GM2 vehicle harness includes one large Molex connector which plug into your GM factory radio harness. On the other end of the harness are four multi-pin connectors which plug into the Maestro RR or RR2 Car Radio Replacement Interface module. In addition there are two 4-pin connectors which plug into the included high-level front and rear speaker harnesses. There is also a back-up camera composite video output jack which plugs into the camera input on your aftermarket head unit. In addition, you will need to hardwire the power/ground, illumination, speaker, and navigation output leads of the HRN-RR-GM2 harness to your aftermarket head unit's wiring harness.
Note: When using the HRN-RR-GM2 installation harness, you will not use the additional harnesses that are included with the Maestro RR or RR2 Car Radio Replacement Interface module.
2 questions already asked