About the iDatalink HRN-RR-GM4 Factory Integration Adapter
Keep your GM factory features
Keep your GM factory features
iDatalink's HRN-RR-GM4 wiring adapter allows you to connect an iDatalink-ready car stereo in select 2016-up Chevrolet and GMC trucks with 7" screens, working in conjunction with iDatalink's Maestro ADS-MRR or ADS-MRR2 module. Once connected, you'll retain the use of your steering wheel audio controls in these vehicles, as well as your warning chimes and backup camera. You'll still retain OnStar service and Bluetooth hands-free operation. You'll also be able to set up gauges on your receiver's screen to measure engine performance, tire pressure, and other vehicle metrics.
Works with the Maestro module
The package includes connectors that plug in between the Maestro module, your factory radio's wiring plugs, and the serial port on your new car stereo. You'll have to solder or splice together this harness's power/ground, illumination, speaker, and navigation output wires to the corresponding wires on your aftermarket receiver's wiring harness.
Installation note: The HRN-RR-GM4 adapter must be used with the iDatalink Maestro ADS-MRR or ADS-MRR2 module to connect a new iDatalink-compatible car stereo to your General Motors vehicle. If you plan on using this harness in a GM vehicle with a factory amp, you'll have to either bypass the amplifier or install an aftermarket amp.
- allows installation of a new receiver with an iDatalink port in select GM vehicles (requires the Maestro RR or RR2 module sold separately)
- retains the use of your steering wheel audio controls
- retains OnStar and Bluetooth hands-free operation
- displays engine performance data on touchscreen
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # HRN-RR-GM4
What's in the box:
iDatalink HRN-RR-GM4 Factory Integration Adapter owner's manual
- 15" Vehicle harness (for iDatalink Maestro)
- External chime module (attached 38" harness)
- OBDII harness (attached 48" harness)
- 3" Jumper harness
iDatalink HRN-RR-GM4 Factory Integration Adapter reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the iDatalink HRN-RR-GM4 Factory Integration Adapter
Chevy/GMC Harness: The iDatalink Maestro HRN-RR-GM4 installation harness greatly simplifies the installation of the Maestro RR or RR2 Car Radio Replacement Interface module (sold separately) in select Chevy & GMC vehicles when replacing your factory radio with an iDatalink Serial Port compatible head unit from Kenwood, JVC, Alpine, Sony, or Pioneer.
- Vehicle Compatibility: Click here for a list of compatible Chevy & GMC vehicles.
- Radio Compatibility: Click here for a list of fully compatible aftermarket head units with an iDatalink Serial Port.
- This harness is only compatible with select Kenwood, JVC, Alpine, & Pioneer in-dash receivers that feature an iDatalink serial port for the Maestro RR Car Radio Replacement Interface Module. Not compatible with any other brand of aftermarket car stereo.
- The iDatalink Maestro HRN-RR-GM4installation harness requires the purchase of the iDatalink Maestro RR or RR2 (sold separately).
Flashing Module via Weblink Desktop: The iDatalink Maestro RR (ADS-MRR) will need to be loaded with correct firmware before installation. The included USB cable plugs into your computer and allows you to "flash" the Maestro RR with the appropriate firmware to prepare it for installation. Simply download Weblink Desktop (for Windows and Mac) onto your computer to access the appropriate firmware. System requirements include -
- Windows PC (10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP/2000) or Mac OS X (Mojave [10.14], HighSierra [10.13], Sierra [10.12], El-Capitan [10.11])
- Available USB port (version 2.0 or 3.0)
- 4GB RAM or more
- 200MB available space on HDD
- Internet connection
Amplifier Bypass: If your Chevy or GMC vehicle features a factory amplifier, the factory amp cannot be retained and must be bypassed or replaced with an aftermarket amplifier.
Retained Factory Features: When installing select Kenwood, JVC, Alpine, Sony, & Pioneer in-dash receivers which contain an iDatalink serial port, the HNR-RR-GM4 harness along with the iDatalink Maestro RR or RR2 interface module allows you to retain the following GM factory features (if applicable).
- OnStar Service & Bluetooth Hands-Free
- Steering Wheel Controls
- Backup Camera
- Turn Signals & Warning Chimes (external chime module included)
- RAP (Retained Accessory Power)
Navigation Outputs: The iDatalink Maestro HRN-RR-GM4 installation harness provides the following outputs for installing an aftermarket navigation receiver - Parking Brake, Foot Brake, VSS (Vehicle Speed Sense), & Reverse Light.
Extra Features: The following Extra features are added when replacing your aftermarket head unit with a compatible iDatalink Serial Port head unit from Kenwood, JVC, Pioneer, Sony, or Alpine (using the Maestro RR or RR2 Car Radio Replacement Interface module and HNR-RR-GM4 harness.
- User Selectable Gauges
- Vehicle Information (Tire Pressure, Battery Voltage, Engine Codes, Door Open Status)
- Park Assist (Chimes & On-Screen Display)
Connections: The iDatalink Maestro HRN-RR-GM4 vehicle harness includes two Molex connectors which plug into your Chevy/GMC factory radio harness. On the other end of the harness are four multi-pin connectors which plug into the Maestro RR or RR2 Car Radio Replacement Interface module. There is also a composite video RCA connector which plugs into the backup camera input on your compatible aftermarket head unit. In addition, you will need to hardwire the power/ground, illumination, speaker, and navigation output leads of the HRN-RR-GM4 harness to your aftermarket head unit's wiring harness. The external chime module will plug into the Maestro RR or RR2 interface module.
Note: When using the HRN-RR-GM4 installation harness, you will not use the additional harnesses that are included with the Maestro RR or RR2 Car Radio Replacement Interface module.
1 question already asked
I wish a wiring diagram was included but its pretty straight forward. Got everything working without a hitch. Crutchfield's harness splicing connectors saved a lot of time too.
Jason from ENTERPRISE, AL