About the iDatalink rHD2 Factory Integration Adapter
Upgrade your Harley's radio
Upgrade your Harley's radio
Working in conjunction with iDatalink's Maestro ADS-MRR or ADS-MRR2 module, iDatalink's HRN-RR-HD2 wiring adapter allows you to connect a new iDatalink-ready radio in select 2014-20 Harley-Davidson motorcycles. You'll retain the use of your handlebar audio controls, plus you'll gain the ability to program two functions for each button. The module also allows you to view vehicle information, read and reset engine codes, and view select performance gauges including H-D Track Pack gauges.
This harness also turns on your factory amp (if present) and provides the outputs necessary to install a radio with navigation functions, including parking brake and speed pulse. If your new radio has a second camera input, you'll retain your Front Camera Auto Control feature. You can use this harness and the iDatalink module to install a non-iDatalink-ready radio, but you'll only retain your handlebar audio controls, and none of the other features.
- allows installation of a new iDatalink-ready receiver in select Harley-Davidson motorcycles
- retains handlebar audio controls and factory amp (also requires the Maestro ADS-MRR or ADS-MRR2 module)
- retains Front Camera Auto Control feature (new radio must have 2nd camera input)
- view select vehicle information and gauges on your radio's screen
- provides parking brake and speed pulse outputs for NAV receivers
- non-iDatalink radio can also be installed, but only retains handlebar audio controls
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # HRN-RR-HD2
What's in the box:
- Harley-Davidson installation harness (for use with Maestro RR/RR2 interface)
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the iDatalink rHD2 Factory Integration Adapter
FeaturesHarley Davidson Installation Harness: The iDatalink Maestro HRN-RR-HD2 installation harness greatly simplifies the installation of the Maestro RR or RR2 Car Radio Replacement Interface module (sold separately) in select Harley Davidson motorcycles when replacing your factory radio with an iDatalink Serial Port compatible head unit from Kenwood, JVC, Alpine, Sony, and Pioneer, or other non-iDatalink-ready aftermarket head unit (click here for list of fully compatible aftermarket head units with an iDatalink Serial Port).
Flashing Module via Weblink Desktop: The iDatalink Maestro RR or RR2 will need to be loaded with correct firmware before installation. The included USB cable plugs into your computer and allows you to "flash" the Maestro RR with the appropriate firmware to prepare it for installation. Simply download Weblink Desktop (for Windows and Mac) onto your computer to access the appropriate firmware. System requirements include -
- Windows PC (10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP/2000) or Mac OS X (Mojave [10.14], HighSierra [10.13], Sierra [10.12], El-Capitan [10.11])
- Available USB port (version 2.0 or 3.0)
- 4GB RAM or more
- 200MB available space on HDD
- Internet connection
Retained Features: The following factory features (if applicable) are retained when replacing your factory radio with a compatible iDatalink Serial Port head unit from Kenwood, JVC, Alpine, Sony, or Pioneer using the Maestro RR or RR2 Radio Replacement Interface module and HRN-RR-HD2 installation harness.
- Factory amplifier with Turn-On, Speed Compensated Volume (Premium Audio Systems), and Digital Fader (Premium Audio Systems).
- Handlebar Audio Controls with Standard and Expanded Radio Functions, plus Two Functions on Each Button.
- Front Camera Auto Control (aftermarket radio must have 2nd camera input).
Note: When installing an aftermarket head unit without the iDatalink Serial Port, only the factory Handlebar Audio Controls are retained.
Extra Features: The following Extra features are added when replacing your aftermarket head unit with a compatible iDatalink Serial Port head unit from Kenwood, JVC, Pioneer, Sony, or Alpine using the Maestro RR or RR2 Radio Replacement Interface module and HRN-RR-HD2 installation harness.
- Vehicle Info: Tire Pressure Display, Battery Voltage Display, Read/Reset Engine Codes
- Gauges: Select Performance Gauges, including "Track Pack" Gauges.
Note: Extra features are not available for aftermarket head units without an iDatalink Serial Port.
Outputs: The HRN-RR-HD2 installation harness for Harley Davidson includes an Accessory Power Output(15A), Parking Brake Output, and Vehicle Speed Pulse Output.