About the iDatalink HRN-RR-HK2
iDatalink's HRN-RR-HK2 wiring adapter allows you to connect a new iDatalink-compatible car stereo in select 2011-up Hyundai and Kia vehicles, working in conjunction with iDatalink's Maestro ADS-MRR2 module (sold separately). Once connected, you'll retain the use of your steering wheel audio controls and facroty amp in these vehicles.
The package includes connectors that plug in between the Maestro module, your factory radio's wiring plugs, and your new car stereo. You'll have to solder or splice together this harness's power/ground, illumination, speaker, and navigation output wires to the corresponding wires on your aftermarket receiver's wiring harness.
Keeping your factory cameras and more
This harness allows you to retain the backup camera (and front and side cameras if present) in your Hyundai or Kia, as long as your receiver has the necessary inputs. In addition, you'll also keep your rear-seat entertainment (RSE) system, parking assist feature, and climate status display, and you'll be able to view engine performance data and other vehicle info on your receiver's screen.
Installation note: The HRN-RR-HK2 adapter must be used with the iDatalink Maestro ADS-MRR2 module to connect a new car stereo to your Hyundai or Kia vehicle. This adapter works with select 2011-up Hyundai and Kia vehicles with amplified systems.
- allows installation of new iDatalink-compatible receiver in select Hyundai and Kia vehicles (also requires the Maestro ADS-MRR2 module)
- retained features include:
- steering wheel audio controls in select vehicles
- Rear Seat Entertainment system and climate status display
- factory amplifier and fader
- factory backup camera (with parking assist); front/side cameras (receiver must have a second camera input)
- supplies outputs (parking brake, reverse, and VSS) for NAV receivers
- displays engine and vehicle performance data on touchscreen
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # HRN-RR-HK2
What's in the box:
- SPDIF module
- Main installation harness
- Front RCA preout harness
- Backup camera harness
- 2 Camera accessory harnesses
- OBDII harness
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the iDatalink HRN-RR-HK2
Hyundai/Kia Installation Harness: The iDatalink Maestro HRN-RR-HK2 installation harness greatly simplifies the installation of the Maestro RR2 Car Radio Replacement Interface module (sold separately) in select 2011-up Hyundai/Kia vehicles when replacing the factory radio with an iDatalink Serial Port compatible head unit from Kenwood, JVC, Alpine, Sony, or Pioneer; and other aftermarket head units.
- Vehicle Compatibility: Click here for a list of compatible Hyundai & Kia vehicles.
- Radio Compatibility: Click here for a list of fully compatible aftermarket head units with an iDatalink Serial Port.
- The iDatalink Maestro HRN-RR-HK2 installation harness requires the purchase of the iDatalink Maestro RR2 interface module (sold separately) and an iDatalink compatible aftermarket receiver.
- The HRN-RR-HK2 is not compatible with the idatalink Maestro RR interface module.
Flashing Module via Weblink Desktop: The iDatalink Maestro RR2 will need to be loaded with correct firmware before installation. The included USB cable plugs into your computer and allows you to "flash" the Maestro RR2 with the appropriate firmware to prepare it for installation. Simply download Weblink Desktop (for Windows and Mac) onto your computer to access the appropriate firmware. System requirements include -
- Windows PC (10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP/2000) or Mac OS X (Mojave [10.14], HighSierra [10.13], Sierra [10.12], El-Capitan [10.11])
- Available USB port (version 2.0 or 3.0)
- 4GB RAM or more
- 200MB available space on HDD
- Internet connection
Retained Factory Features: The following factory features (if applicable) are retained when replacing your factory radio with a compatible iDatalink Serial Port head unit from Kenwood, JVC, Alpine, Sony, or Pioneer using the Maestro RR2 Car Radio Replacement Interface module and HRN-RR-HK2 installation harness.
- Factory amplifier with turn-on and fader (SPDIF module included)
- Steering wheel controls with two functions on each button for standard and expanded radio functions (aftermarket receiver must also support steering wheel control)
- Reverse camera with Park Assist (aftermarket radio must feature a composite video camera input)
- Climate Status display on aftermarket stereo's touchscreen
Note: When installing an aftermarket head unit without the iDatalink Serial Port, only steering wheel control are retained.
Advanced Camera Features: When used with a compatible iDatalink Serial Port head unit from Kenwood, JVC, Pioneer, or Sony with a 2nd camera input, you'll gain advanced camera features such as Dynamic Parking Guidelines, front camera auto control, and side camera control (your vehicle must be factory equipped with front and side cameras).
Extra Features: The following Extra features are added when replacing your aftermarket head unit with a compatible iDatalink Serial Port head unit from Kenwood, JVC, Pioneer, Sony, or Alpine using the Maestro RR2 Car Radio Replacement Interface module and HRN-RR-HK2 installation harness.
- Selectable Performance Gauges
- Tire Pressure Display
- Battery Voltage Display
- Read/Reset Check Engine Codes
- Door Open Status/Warning
Navigation Outputs: The HRN-RR-HK2 provides a VSS (vehicle speed sense), Parking Brake, Foot Brake, and a Reverse Light output to make installing your compatible aftermarket navigation radio simpler and less time consuming.
Programmable Outputs The HRN-RR-HK2 features three programmable outputs which can be configured to control aftermarket accessories one may add to the vehicle from an iDatalink Serial Port compatible Kenwood, JVC, Alpine, Sony, or Pioneer in-dash receiver. These outputs can be configured to Latch, Toggle, Follow a CAN signal in the car (firmware dependent), or have a custom output configuration. You can even configure Delay On and Delay OFF times for each output. You can also assign a steering wheel control button from the vehicle to control one of these outputs
Radar Detector Integration: When used with a compatible iDatalink Serial Port head unit from Kenwood or JVC, you'll be able to display and control select K40 (RL360di or RL200di) and Escort radar dectors (sold separately) with access to settings and stealth mode from the head unit's touchscreen.