About the iDatalink HRN-HRR-NI2
iDatalink meets Nissan
iDatalink meets Nissan
The iDatalink's HRN-HRR-NI2 installation harness simplifies the installation of the Maestro ADS-MRR or ADS-MRR2 Car Radio Replacement Interface module (sold separately) in select Nissan vehicles when replacing your factory radio.
The package includes connectors that plug in between the Maestro module, your factory radio's wiring plugs, and the serial port on your new car stereo. This harness features an in-line head-unit connector harness, which will plug into their new "Head-unit direct" harnesses for select radio brands. If you're installing a radio that doesn't work with a "Head-unit direct" harness, you simply cut off the plug and connect the wires to the harness included with your new radio.
Retain factory features
The HRN-HRR-NI2 harness and interface module retains your vehicle's steering wheel audio controls, factory amplifier, and backup camera with any aftermarket receiver. The harness also supplies the outputs (parking brake, reverse, and VSS [Vehicle Speed Sense]) necessary for installation of a navigation receiver, plus illumination and accessory power outputs.
Extra features with an iDatalink-ready car stereo
If you're buying a compatible iDatalink-ready car stereo, you'll also be able to display gauges and vehicle info on your receiver's screen, plus read and reset engine codes. You'll also keep your side/front/360° cameras if present.
Installation note: The HRN-HRR-NI2 adapter must be used with the iDatalink Maestro ADS-MRR or ADS-MRR2 module to connect a new car stereo to your vehicle.
- allows installation of a new receiver with iDatalink port in select Nissan vehicles (also requires the Maestro ADS-MRR or ADS-MRR2 module)
- retains the use of your steering wheel audio controls and factory amp
- displays engine performance data on touchscreen with select Alpine, JVC, Kenwood, Sony, and Pioneer receivers
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # HRN-HRR-NI2
What's in the box:
iDatalink HRN-HRR-NI2 owner's manual
- Vehicle/interface harness
- Front preout harness
- Rear preout harness
- OBDII connector harness
- "A" harness
- "B" harness
iDatalink HRN-HRR-NI2 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the iDatalink HRN-HRR-NI2
Nissan Harness: The iDatalink Maestro HRN-HRR-NI2 installation harness greatly simplifies the installation of the Maestro RR or RR2 Car Radio Replacement Interface module (sold separately) in select Nissan vehicles when replacing your factory radio with an iDatalink Serial Port compatible head unit from Kenwood, JVC, Alpine, Sony, and Pioneer; or other aftermarket headunit.
- Vehicle Compatibility: Click here for a list of compatible Nissan vehicles.
- Radio Compatibility: Click here for a list of fully compatible aftermarket head units with an iDatalink Serial Port.
Notes: The iDatalink Maestro HRN-HRR-NI2 installation harness requires the purchase of the iDatalink Maestro RR or RR2 (sold separately).
Head Unit Connection: The HRN-HRR-NI2 supports iDatalink''s Direct T-Harnesses (sold separately) for direct connection to select iDatalink Serial Port compatible head units (including Kenwood, JVC, Alpine, Sony, and Pioneer radios) - replacing the wiring harness that comes with your aftermarket stereo (some hardwiring may still be required). If connecting to an aftermarket head unit that does not support an iDatalink Direct T-Harness, you'll need to cut off and remove the 20-pin black connector from the HRN-HRR-NI2 harness and splice each wire directly to the aftermarket radio's corresponding wire.
Flashing Module via Weblink Desktop: The iDatalink Maestro RR or RR2 will need to be loaded with correct firmware before installation. The included USB cable plugs into your computer and allows you to "flash" the Maestro RR with the appropriate firmware to prepare it for installation. Simply download Weblink Desktop (for Windows and Mac) onto your computer to access the appropriate firmware. System requirements include -
- Windows PC (10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP/2000) or Mac OS X (Mojave [10.14], HighSierra [10.13], Sierra [10.12], El-Capitan [10.11])
- Available USB port (version 2.0 or 3.0)
- 4GB RAM or more
- 200MB available space on HDD
- Internet connection
Retained Features: The following factory features (if applicable) are retained when replacing your factory radio with a compatible iDatalink Serial Port head unit from Kenwood, JVC, Alpine, or Pioneer using the Maestro RR or RR2 Car Radio Replacement Interface module and HRN-HRR-NI2 installation harness.
- Factory Amplifier: Retains factory amplifier with balance and fade control.
- Steering Wheel Controls: Factory steering wheel controls are retained with two function buttons and expandable radio functions.
- Advanced Camera Features: Factory backup camera is retained with dynamic parking guidelines, as well as factory Lane Assist and 360 cameras. If you add an aftermarket front and/or side cameras (sold separately) to your idatalink compatible head unit that is equipped with multiple camera inputs, the vehicle's factory auto camera switching feature is also retained.
Note: When installing an aftermarket head unit without the iDatalink Serial Port, only the factory amplifier, steering wheel controls and backup camera are retained. The front, side, and 360 cameras are not retained.
Extra Features: The following Extra features are added when replacing your aftermarket head unit with a compatible iDatalink Serial Port head unit from Kenwood, JVC, Pioneer, or Alpine using the Maestro RR or RR2 Car Radio Replacement Interface module and HRN-HRR-NI2installation harness.
- Vehicle Info: Tire Pressure Display, Battery Voltage Display, Read/Reset Engine Codes, and Door Open Status with Warning.
- Gauges: Selectable Performance Gauges.
Outputs: The HRN-HRR-NI2 provides Navigation, Accessory Power, and Illumination Outputs to make installation simpler.
- Navigation: Parking Brake, Reverse Light, and VSS (Vehicle Speed Sense).
- Accessory Power Output: 12V/15A Accessory Power Output
- Illumination Output: Illumination Output
Only complete harness I found that fits a Nissan NV1500. Worked flawlessly with little hassle.
Daniel from Pittsburgh, PA