About the iDatalink HRN-RR-SU1
iDatalink plus Subaru
iDatalink plus Subaru
Working in conjunction with the Maestro ADS-MRR or ADS-MRR2 module, iDatalink's HRN-RR-SU1 interface harness allows you to connect a new iDatalink-ready car stereo in select 2008-14 Subaru vehicles. Once connected, you'll retain the use of your steering wheel audio controls, your Subaru's amplifier and subwoofer (including the fader), and the factory back-up camera in these vehicles. This installation harness will not work with car stereos that do not feature an iDatalink serial port.
The package includes connectors that plug in between the Maestro module and your Subaru radio's wiring plugs. You'll have to solder or splice together this harness's power/ground, illumination, speaker, and navigation output wires to the corresponding wires on your aftermarket receiver's wiring harness.
With your iDatalink-ready car stereo, you'll be able to set up gauges on your receiver's screen to monitor engine performance, tire pressure, and other functions. You'll also be able to read and reset the vehicle's Check Engine codes.
Installation note: The HRN-RR-SU1 harness must be used with the iDatalink Maestro ADS-MRR or ADS-MRR2 module to connect a new car stereo to your Subaru vehicle.
- allows installation of a new iDatalink-ready receiver in select Subaru models (also requires the Maestro ADS-MRR or ADS-MRR2 module)
- only works with select Alpine, JVC, Kenwood and Pioneer receivers with iDatalink port
- retains steering wheel audio controls
- retains your Subaru's amplifier and subwoofer (including the fader)
- displays engine gauges and Check Engine codes on touchscreen
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # HRN-RR-SU1
What's in the box:
- Radio/vehicle harness
- Sub harness
- Backup camera harness
- Jumper harness
- Blue/white wire harness
- OBDII harness
iDatalink HRN-RR-SU1 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the iDatalink HRN-RR-SU1
Subaru Installation Harness: The iDatalink Maestro HRN-RR-SU1 installation harness greatly simplifies the installation of the Maestro RR or RR2 Car Radio Replacement Interface module (sold separately) in select Subaru vehicles when replacing your factory radio with an iDatalink Serial Port compatible head unit from Kenwood, JVC, Alpine, Sony, or Pioneer.
- Vehicle Compatibility: Click here for a list of compatible Subaru vehicles.
- Radio Compatibility: Click here for a list of fully compatible aftermarket head units with an iDatalink Serial Port
Notes: The iDatalink Maestro HRN-RR-SU1 installation harness requires the purchase of the iDatalink Maestro RR or RR2 (sold separately). This installation harness will not work with aftermarket head units that do not feature an iDatalink Serial Port.
Flashing Module via Weblink Desktop: The iDatalink Maestro RR or RR2 will need to be loaded with correct firmware before installation. The included USB cable plugs into your computer and allows you to "flash" the Maestro RR or RR2 with the appropriate firmware to prepare it for installation. Simply download Weblink Desktop (for Windows and Mac) onto your computer to access the appropriate firmware. System requirements include -
- Windows PC (10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP/2000) or Mac OS X (Mojave [10.14], HighSierra [10.13], Sierra [10.12], El-Capitan [10.11])
- Available USB port (version 2.0 or 3.0)
- 4GB RAM or more
- 200MB available space on HDD
- Internet connection
Retained Factory Features: The following factory features (if applicable) are retained when replacing your factory radio with a compatible iDatalink Serial Port head unit from Kenwood, JVC, Alpine, Sony, or Pioneer using the Maestro RR or RR2 Car Radio Replacement Interface module and HRN-RR-SU1 installation harness.
- Factory steering wheel controls (SWC) with two-function programmability
- Factory amplifier & sub (with turn-on & fader)
- Factory backup camera
Extra Features: The following Extra features are added when replacing your aftermarket head unit with a compatible iDatalink Serial Port head unit from Kenwood, JVC, Pioneer, Sony, or Alpine using the Maestro RR or RR2 Car Radio Replacement Interface module and HRN-RR-SU1 installation harness.
- Selectable Performance Gauges
- Read/Reset Check Engine Codes
3 questions already asked