About the iDatalink HRN-RR-SU2 Interface Harness
This HRN-RR-SU2 interface harness from iDatalink allows you to connect a new iDatalink-ready car stereo in select 2012-up Subaru vehicles, working in conjunction with iDatalink's Maestro ADS-MRR module. Once connected, you'll retain the use of your Subaru's steering wheel audio controls. You'll also keep your Subaru's amp and subwoofer (if present), plus you'll also be able to display engine performance data and other vehicle info on your receiver's screen.
The package includes three connectors that plug in between the Maestro module, your Subaru radio's wiring plugs, and your new car stereo. You'll have to solder or splice together this harness's power/ground, illumination, and speaker output wires to the corresponding wires on your aftermarket receiver's wiring harness. The iDatalink harness also supplies the outputs you'll need for a navigation receiver.
- allows installation of a new iDatalink-ready receiver in select Subaru vehicles
- also requires the Maestro ADS-MRR module
- retains the use of your steering wheel audio controls, plus factory amp and subwoofer
- displays engine performance data on touchscreen
- provides outputs for a navigation receiver
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # HRN-RR-SU2
What's in the box:
- Radio/vehicle harness
- Backup camera harness
- OBDII harness
- "D" harness
- "B" harness
- "A" harness
iDatalink HRN-RR-SU2 Interface Harness reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the iDatalink HRN-RR-SU2 Interface Harness
Subaru Installation Harness: The iDatalink Maestro HRN-RR-SU2 installation harness greatly simplifies the installation of the Maestro RR Car Radio Replacement Interface module (794ADSMRR, sold separately) in select Subaru, Scion, & Toyota vehicles when replacing your factory radio with an iDatalink Serial Port compatible head unit from Kenwood, JVC, Alpine, or Pioneer (click here for a list of fully compatible radios). This installation harness will not work with aftermarket head units that do not feature an iDatalink Serial Port.
Notes: The iDatalink Maestro HRN-RR-SU2 installation harness requires the purchase of the iDatalink Maestro RR (794ADSMRR).
Vehicle Compatibility Chart: Click here for a list of compatible Subaru, Scion, & Toyota vehicles.
Flashing Module via Weblink Desktop: The iDatalink Maestro RR (ADS-MRR) will need to be loaded with correct firmware before installation. The included USB cable plugs into your computer and allows you to "flash" the Maestro RR with the appropriate firmware to prepare it for installation. Simply download Weblink Desktop (for Windows and Mac) onto your computer to access the appropriate firmware. System requirements include -
- Windows PC (10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP/2000) or Mac OS X (Mojave [10.14], HighSierra [10.13], Sierra [10.12], El-Capitan [10.11])
- Available USB port (version 2.0 or 3.0)
- 4GB RAM or more
- 200MB available space on HDD
- Internet connection
Retained Factory Features: The following factory features (if applicable) are retained when replacing your factory radio with a compatible iDatalink Serial Port head unit from Kenwood, JVC, Alpine, or Pioneer using the Maestro RR Car Radio Replacement Interface module and HRN-RR-SU2 installation harness.
- Factory Starlink telematics and SOS buttons (if equipped)
- Factory amplifier with turn-on & fader (if equipped)
- Factory steering wheel controls (SWC) with two-function programmability
- Factory Aux input and backup camera (if equipped)
Extra Features: The following Extra features are added when replacing your aftermarket head unit with a compatible iDatalink Serial Port head unit from Kenwood, JVC, Pioneer, or Alpine using the Maestro RR Car Radio Replacement Interface module and HRN-RR-SU2 installation harness.
- Selectable Performance Gauges
- Read/Reset Check Engine Codes
- Vehicle Info (including Tire Pressure Display, Battery Voltage Display, & Door Open Status/Warning)
Navigation Outputs: The HRN-RR-SU2 provides a VSS (vehicle speed sense), Parking Brake, and a Reverse Light output to make installing your compatible aftermarket navigation radio simpler and less time consuming.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
2 questions already asked