About the iDatalink rSU3
iDatalink plus Subaru
iDatalink plus Subaru
Working in conjunction with the Maestro ADS-MRR2 module, iDatalink's rSU3 interface harness allows you to connect a new iDatalink-ready car stereo in select 2017-up Subaru vehicles. Once connected, you'll retain the use of your steering wheel audio controls, your Subaru's amplifier (including the fader), and the factory back-up camera in these vehicles. You'll also retain the use of your Subaru's Starlink, park assist, and auxiliary input features. This installation harness will not work with car stereos that do not feature an iDatalink serial port.
The package includes connectors that plug in between the Maestro module and your Subaru radio's wiring plugs. You'll have to solder or splice together this harness's power/ground, illumination, speaker, and navigation output wires to the corresponding wires on your aftermarket receiver's wiring harness.
With your iDatalink-ready car stereo, you'll be able to set up gauges on your receiver's screen to monitor engine performance, tire pressure, and other functions. You'll also be able to read and reset the vehicle's Check Engine codes. Plus, you'll have access to three programmable outputs for controlling outboard gear on your Subaru.
Installation note: The rSU3 harness must be used with the iDatalink Maestro ADS-MRR2 module to connect a new car stereo to your Subaru vehicle.
- allows installation of a new iDatalink-ready receiver in select Subaru models (also requires the Maestro ADS-MRR2 module)
- only works with select Alpine, JVC, Kenwood, Pioneer, and Sony receivers with iDatalink port
- retains steering wheel audio controls
- retains your Subaru's Starlink, Harman Kardon amplifier (including the fader), backup camera and park assist, aux input
- displays engine gauges and Check Engine codes on touchscreen
- supplies VSS (vehicle speed sense), parking brake, and reverse outputs
- offers 3 programmable outputs for controlling outboard gear on your car
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # HRN-RR-SU3
What's in the box:
- Radio replacement T-harness
- OBDII harness
iDatalink rSU3 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the iDatalink rSU3
Subaru Installation Harness: The iDatalink Maestro HRN-RR-SU3 installation harness greatly simplifies the installation of the Maestro RR2 Car Radio Replacement Interface module (sold separately) in select 2017-up Subaru vehicles when replacing your factory radio with an iDatalink Serial Port compatible head unit from Kenwood, JVC, Alpine, Sony, and Pioneer; or other aftermarket head unit.
- Vehicle Compatibility: Click here for a list of compatible vehicles.
- Radio Compatibility: Click here for a list of fully compatible aftermarket head units with an iDatalink Serial Port
- The iDatalink Maestro HRN-RR-SU3 installation harness requires the purchase of the iDatalink Maestro RR2 interface module (sold separately).
- The HRN-RR-SU3 is not compatible with the iDatalink Maestro RR interface module.
Flashing Module via Weblink Desktop: The iDatalink Maestro RR2 will need to be loaded with correct firmware before installation. The included USB cable plugs into your computer and allows you to "flash" the Maestro RR2 with the appropriate firmware to prepare it for installation. Simply download Weblink Desktop (for Windows and Mac) onto your computer to access the appropriate firmware. System requirements include -
- Windows PC (10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP/2000) or Mac OS X (Mojave [10.14], HighSierra [10.13], Sierra [10.12], El-Capitan [10.11])
- Available USB port (version 2.0 or 3.0)
- 4GB RAM or more
- 200MB available space on HDD
- Internet connection
Retained Factory Features: The following factory features (if applicable) are retained when replacing your factory radio with a compatible iDatalink Serial Port head unit from Kenwood, JVC, Alpine, Sony, or Pioneer using the Maestro RR2 Car Radio Replacement Interface module and HRN-RR-SU3 installation harness.
- Factory Starlink telematics and SOS buttons (if equipped)
- Factory Harman Kardon amplifier with turn-on & fader (if equipped)
- Factory steering wheel controls (SWC) with two-function programmability
- Factory backup camera & park assist (if equipped)
- Factory Aux input (if equipped)
Note: When installing an aftermarket head unit without the iDatalink Serial Port, the Starlink telematics and SOS buttons are not retained. You will also lose fader control when using a non-Datalink radio.
Extra Features: The following Extra features are added when replacing your aftermarket head unit with a compatible iDatalink Serial Port head unit from Kenwood, JVC, Pioneer, Sony, or Alpine using the Maestro RR2 Car Radio Replacement Interface module and HRN-RR-SU3 installation harness.
- Selectable Performance Gauges
- Read/Reset Check Engine Codes
- Vehicle Info (including Tire Pressure Display, Battery Voltage Display, & Door Open Status/Warning)
Navigation Outputs: The HRN-RR-SU3 provides a VSS (vehicle speed sense), Parking Brake, and a Reverse Light output to make installing your compatible aftermarket navigation radio simpler and less time consuming.
1 question already asked