About the iDatalink HRN-RR-TO3
iDatalink working with Toyota
iDatalink working with Toyota
iDatalink's rTO3 wiring adapter works in conjunction with iDatalink's Maestro ADS-MRR module (sold separately), allowing you to connect a new iDatalink-ready car stereo in select 2018-up Toyota-made vehicles. Once connected, you'll retain the use of your steering wheel audio controls and your factory amp in these vehicles. You'll also be able to keep your Toyota's vehicle settings personalization menu, auxiliary A/V input, and backup camera.
The package includes connectors that plug in between the Maestro module and your factory radio's wiring plugs. You'll have to solder or splice together this harness's power/ground, illumination, speaker, and navigation output wires to the corresponding wires on your aftermarket receiver's wiring harness. You'll appreciate the additional features added by the adapter, including the ability to view performance gauges and vehicle information on the new radio's screen.
Installation Note: The rTO3 adapter must be used with the iDatalink Maestro MRR module to connect your new iDatalink-ready car stereo to your Toyota.
- allows installation of a new iDatalink-ready car stereo in select Toyota vehicles (also requires the Maestro ADS-MRR module)
- retains the use of your steering wheel audio controls and factory amp
- retains vehicle settings personalization menu, auxiliary A/V input, and backup camera
- displays select factory features and displays performance data on touchscreen with select Alpine, JVC, Kenwood, and Pioneer receivers
- supplies parking brake, reverse, and speed sensor connections for touchscreen radios
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # HRN-RR-TO3
What's in the box:
- 15" Wiring harness
- 50" OBD harness
iDatalink HRN-RR-TO3 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the iDatalink HRN-RR-TO3
Toyota Harness (HRN-RR-TO3): The iDatalink Maestro HRN-RR-TO3 installation harness greatly simplifies the installation of the Maestro RR or RR2 Car Radio Replacement Interface module (sold separately) in select Toyota vehicles when replacing your factory radio with an iDatalink Serial Port compatible head unit from Kenwood, JVC, Alpine, Sony, or Pioneer.
- Vehicle Compatiblity: Click here for a list of compatible 2018 and up Toyota vehicles.
- Radio Compatibility: Click here for a list of fully compatible aftermarket head units with an iDatalink Serial Port
Notes: The iDatalink Maestro HRN-RR-TO3 installation harness requires the purchase of the iDatalink Maestro RR or RR2 (sold separately).
Flashing Module via Weblink Desktop: The iDatalink Maestro RR or RR2 will need to be loaded with correct firmware before installation. The included USB cable plugs into your computer and allows you to "flash" the Maestro RR or RR2 with the appropriate firmware to prepare it for installation. Simply download Weblink Desktop (for Windows and Mac) onto your computer to access the appropriate firmware. System requirements include -
- Windows PC (10/8.1/8/7/Vista/XP/2000) or Mac OS X (Mojave [10.14], HighSierra [10.13], Sierra [10.12], El-Capitan [10.11])
- Available USB port (version 2.0 or 3.0)
- 4GB RAM or more
- 200MB available space on HDD
- Internet connection
Retained Features: The following factory features (if applicable) are retained when replacing your factory radio with a compatible iDatalink Serial Port head unit from Kenwood, JVC, Alpine, Sony, or Pioneer using the Maestro RR or RR2 Car Radio Replacement Interface module and HRN-RR-TO3 installation harness.
- Factory Amplifier: Retains analog or digital factory amplifier with turn-on, fader, and gain adjustment.
- Steering Wheel Controls: Retains factory steering wheel control with two functions on each button (standard and expanded radio functions).
- Vehicle Settings: Retains access to and modification of vehicle settings.
- Reverse Camera: Retains factory backup camera with dynamic parking guideline overlay. Also, supports factory front and side camera control (aftemarket radio must have 2nd camera input).
- Aux Input: Retains factory Aux input and features a male 3.5mm minijack connector.
Note: When installing an aftermarket head unit without the iDatalink Serial Port, only steering wheel control & amplifier turn-on are retained.
Extra Features: The following Extra features are added when replacing your aftermarket head unit with a compatible iDatalink Serial Port head unit from Kenwood, JVC, Pioneer, Sony, or Alpine using the Maestro RR or RR2 Car Radio Replacement Interface module and HRN-RR-TO3 installation harness.
- Gauges: Selectable performance gauges and "Track Pack" gauges
- Vehicle Info: Tire Pressure & Battery Voltage Display, Door Open Status and Warning, plus Read/Reset Check Enging
Navigation Outputs: Navigation outputs include Parking, Reverse, and Vehicle Speed Pulse.
Connections: The iDatalink Maestro HRN-RR-TO3 installation harness contains three Molex connectors which plug into your factory radio harness. On the other end of the harness are four multi-pin connectors which plug into the Maestro RR or RR2 Car Radio Replacement Interface module. In addition, you will need to hardwire the power/ground, illumination, speaker, and navigation output leads of the HRN-RR-TO3 harness to your aftermarket head unit's wiring harness. There is also a composite video RCA connector which plugs into your aftermarket head unit's backup camera input, plus a stereo 3.5mm minijack connector that plugs into your aftermarket receiver's Aux input. In addition, RCA connectors connect to your aftermarket head unit's front-channel pre-outs.
Note: When using the HRN-RR-TO3 installation harness, you will not use the additional harnesses that are included with the Maestro RR or RR2 Car Radio Replacement Interface module.