About the iDatalink KIT-CAM1 Dash and Wiring Kit
Your Camaro is a great car, but the factory radio leaves something to be desired. The KIT-CAM1 dash and wiring kit allows you to install an iDatalink-ready car stereo in the dash panel, while maintaining your Camaro's climate controls, OnStar, backup camera, aux input, and other features. You'll also need iDatalink's Maestro ADS-MRR module (not included) for this installation.
iDatalink's KIT-CAM1 package includes a dash console that matches the fit and finish of your Camaro's dash. You can operate your climate controls from your receiver's touchscreen and the customizable buttons built into the iDatalink dash console. The kit also includes a panel with 2 USB ports, an HDMI port, and a 3.5mm A/V input.
Keep your factory features
The included wiring harness lets you keep your factory amplifier (if equipped) and steering wheel audio controls, as well as your secondary display's functions including audio information, hands-free info display, and navigation information. Your new radio will also display gauge information, parking assist distance, and other vehicle information.
- allows installation of new iDatalink-ready receiver in select Chevrolet Camaro vehicles
- requires the Maestro ADS-MRR module (sold separately)
- retains the use of your steering wheel audio controls, OnStar, factory amp, aux input, and backup camera
- retains your secondary display (with phone call, audio, and navigation information)
- displays engine performance and other data on new car stereo's touchscreen
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # KIT-CAM1
What's in the box:
- Dash kit
- External chime module
- Wiring harness
- Front speaker harness
- Rear speaker harness
- Backup camera harness
- OBDII harness
- 2 Brackets
- 2 Self-tapping screws
- 2 Machine screws
- Quick Start Guide
iDatalink KIT-CAM1 Dash and Wiring Kit reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the iDatalink KIT-CAM1 Dash and Wiring Kit
Chevy Camaro Integration Dash Kit & Vehicle Harness: The iDatalink Maestro KIT-CAM1 consists of an integration dash kit and vehicle harness designed specifically for select 2010-2015 Chevy Camaros (all factory radio trim levels). In combination with the iDatalink Maestro RR (794ADSMRR, sold separately), the KIT-CAM1 lets you replace the factory radio of your 2010-2015 Chevy Camaro with a compatible Alpine, JVC, Kenwood, Sony, or Pioneer aftermarket head unit equipped with an iDatalink Serial Port.
- Vehicle Compatibility: Click here for a list of compatible Chevy Camaro vehicles. Or, click here to find out what works with your particular vehicle.
- Aftermarket Receiver Compatibility: Click here for a list of compatible aftermarket radios with an iDatalink Serial Port.
Note: The iDatalink Maestro KIT-CAM1 requires the purchase of the iDatalink Maestro RR (794ADSMRR) and the download of a vehicle specific firmware from iDatalink's Weblink Desktop (for Windows and Mac).
Factory Grade Dash Kit: The KIT-CAM1's dash kit features a factory grade fit & finish to match the contour and color of your Chevy Camaro's dash. The dash kit will fit select Double-DIN Alpine, JVC, Kenwood, Sony, & Pioneer aftermarket radios with an iDatalink Serial Port. The kit features integrated climate control & hazard buttons. In addition, the dash kit provides flush-mounted dual USB ports, one HDMI input, and one Aux 3.5mm input for your head unit (if applicable).
Retained Features: The follow factory features (if applicable) are retained when replacing your aftermarket head unit with a compatible iDatalink Serial Port head unit from Alpine, JVC, Kenwood, Sony, or Pioneer using the Maestro RR car radio replacement interface module and KIT-CAM1 installation package.
- Factory amplifier & subwoofer with turn-on, fader, DSP, and gain
- Climate control is offered on the aftermarket radio's touchscreen and dash kit
- OnStar service & secondary vehicle display (if equipped)
- Factory Bluetooth, USB, and Aux
- Factory installed backup camera w/ park assist
- Steering wheel controls with two functions on each button for standard and expanded radio functions
- RAP & warning chimes (external chime module included)
Extra Features: The follow extra features are retained when replacing your aftermarket head unit with a compatible iDatalink Serial Port head unit from Alpine, JVC, Kenwood, Sony, or Pioneer using the Maestro RR radio replacement interface module and KIT-CAM1 installation package.
- Selectable Performance Gauges
- Tire Pressure & Battery Voltage Display
- Read/Reset Check Engine Codes
- Door Open Status &Warning
Navigation Outputs: To make installing an aftermarket navigation receiver easier, the KIT-CAM1 provides Parking Brake, Reverse Gear, & VSS (Vehicle Speed Sense) output wires.
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?
2 questions already asked