About the Momento MD-6200
Memento records two views
Get complete coverage from Momento's MD-6200 dash cam system. Momento includes a dash cam with a professional-grade Sony Exmor image sensor as well as a second camera you can use to record the interior of your vehicle or to serve as a rear-view cam. Both cameras provide a 135° view. The system's built-in Wi-Fi allows you to connect your smartphone wirelessly and monitor, edit, organize, and even share your videos using Momento's free app.
Equipped with a G-Sensor
This camera's built-in G-Sensor will detect hard braking or a collision, then preserve a complete record of the event that can only be overwritten manually. You can play the footage back on your smartphone, and the video saves to the included 32GB microSD™ card for viewing on another device.
GPS antenna included
Thanks to the MD-6200's included GPS antenna, Momento geo-stamps your video files with accurate time, date, location data, and vehicle speed.
- digital video recorder and rear-view camera system
- includes front and rear cameras, plus a GPS antenna
- cams equipped with Sony image sensors
- also includes vehicle power cable, suction mount, adhesive mount, video cable, and 32GB microSD card
- built-in G-sensor
- connects to your smartphone through Wi-Fi
- works with Class 10 microSD cards up to 256GB
- parking mode records if your vehicle is disturbed
- front camera: 135° wide-angle lens
- rear camera: 135° wide-angle lens
- warranty: 2 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # MD-6200
What's in the box:
- Front camera
- Rear camera
- GPS antenna with attached 20" cable (2.5mm sub-mini plug)
- 32 GB microSD card (with full-size adapter) in plastic case
- Suction cup mount
- Adhesive mount
- 9.5' Hardwire power cable
- 19.5' Rear camera cable (straight and right-angled 2.5mm sub-mini plugs)
- Quick Start Guide
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Momento MD-6200
Overview: The Momento M6 (MD-6200) is a dual dash cam system with built-in Wi-Fi that records the view in front and behind your vehicle as you travel. Using the Momento App, you can view, edit, and save the footage on your smartphone, and upload it to YouTube or Facebook. The camera also includes a GPS antenna and a 32 GB microSD memory card.
Front Camera: The M6's front camera (MD-FC6200) is equipped with a Sony Exmor IMX 307 1/2.8" image sensor with a Full HD output of 1920 x 1080 at 30 frames per second. The camera features a viewing angle of 145° diagonal x 115° horizontal x 62° vertical. It has a built-in microphone to pick up the audio inside the vehicle, and a speaker for the beep tones and voice guidance prompts. The camera has inputs for the rear camera cable and GPS antenna located on the top panel. It can be mounted to the front dash or windshield with the included adjustable suction cup and adhesive mounts.
Rear Camera: The M6's rear camera (MD-RC6200) has a Sony Exmor IMX 323 1/2.9" image sensor. It also has a Full HD output (1080/30p), with a viewing angle of 140° diagonal, 110° horizontal, and 60° vertical. It connects to the front camera via a 19.5' cable. The rear camera mounts to your rear window via an adhesive strip.
microSD Slot: The front camera has a slot for a microSD memory card to store your recorded footage. The camera will accommodate a microSD card up to 256 GB. A 32 GB microSD card and a full size SD card adapter are included. Cards with an SD Speed Class rating of Class 10 or higher should be used.
Recording: As you drive, the Momento M6 continuously records video from both front and rear cameras simultaneously. Recordings are saved in 5-minute increments and stored on the microSD card. Even while you are parked, the M6's built-in motion and impact sensors will trigger the camera to start recording. Files are saved in 30-second increments. You can also begin recordings manually.
Sensors: The M6 features motion sensors in the front and rear cameras that are activated when the vehicle is parked. When either camera detects motion, the M6 will begin recording video. The camera also has a 3-axis acceleration sensor (impact sensor) that is active while driving or parking. If an impact to the vehicle is detected, the current recording is automatically saved, including 15 seconds before and after the impact.
Wi-Fi: The Momento M6 connects to your smartphone by creating a small, secure Wi-Fi hotspot inside your vehicle. The Wi-Fi hotspot can only be accessed through the Momento App. The app lets you configure the hotspot to turn on automatically, when you power on the camera, or manually, as desired.
GPS: The included GPS antenna has a 20" cable that plugs into the top of the M6's top panel. It should be installed on the front dash with an unobstructed view of the sky. The antenna sends location, time, date, speed, and travel direction data from overhead Global Positioning Satellites to the camera. This location data is embedded into the video, and can be viewed along with the footage. This data can be invaluable in the event of an incident. In addition, the Momento app lets you view the GPS data in its History/Travel Log page.
Power Requirements: The M6 dash camera comes with a 9.5' hardwire power harness that includes constant and switched power, and ground leads (compatible with both 12-volt and 24-volt systems). When the switched power lead is energized, the camera is powered on and ready to begin recording. When the car is parked, the constant power lead and an internal supercapacitor continues to power the camera and its motion and impact sensors with very little current draw.
Momento Dash Cam Viewer App: The Momento Dash Cam Viewer provides a live viewer of video from your M6 dash cam. On screen buttons let you switch between the front and rear cameras, and flip the image between normal and reverse. The app also allows you to review, edit, and download video recorded by your M6 dash camera. Once you have downloaded and edited the video, you can share your footage on social media sites such as Facebook. The app's History page keeps track of data recorded by the GPS antenna: mileage, trip time, speed, and the number of events that occurred in the selected time period. The Travel Log shows you a summary of a saved trip, with a map of your travels, total mileage, max speed, average speed, and number of impact events. The app's Settings menu lets you change camera settings on the fly. Settings include:
- Recording: You can select the Image Quality (Low, Mid, High), Power Saver, and Parking Mode (Off, 6 hours, 12 hours, 24 hours, 48 hours). Note: If you change the Image Quality setting, all of the previously recorded files will be deleted, so you should make sure they are saved before proceding.
- Event: The sensitivity of the motion sensors can be set independently for the front and rear cameras. You can also separately set the sensitivity of the impact sensor for driving and parking. All of the sensitivity values are set on a sliding scale of 0 (low) to 3 (high).
- Sound: This setting lets you turn the microphone on or off for voice recording. The volume of the internal speaker is variable from 0 to 5 on a sliding scale.
- Time: The Time setting lets you set the Standard Time (your time zone is selected), and the Current Time.
- Memory: In the Memory menu, you can designate the percentage of the memory capacity that will be used to record video footage while the vehicle is parked. You can select 0%, 25% or 50%. If you wish to format the inserted microSD card, you can do that from this menu. All recordings on the card will be deleted when the card is formatted.
- System: The System menu lets you set the language, security LED (on/off), Speed (mph/kph), Wi-Fi Auto On (on/off), Wi-Fi name, Change Password, Firmware Upgrades, Information, and a Factory Reset.