About the Firstech Drone X1-MAX-LTE
Remote start, GPS, and security by phone
Remote start, GPS, and security by phone
Wouldn't it be great to control your car's remote starter and security system with your smartphone from almost anywhere? The Drone X1-MAX-LTE module from Firstech makes that happen, and much more. Compatible with over 90% of vehicles on the road, it works with your iDatastart aftermarket remote start system, uses an AT&T 4G LTE wireless network connection, and requires a subscription from DroneMobile. You can use the DroneMobile app with almost any smart device, including watch, tablet, and laptop — iOS or Android.
You can start and stop your vehicle, unlock and lock the doors, and access any other function your security system controls like overhead lights and flashers. You can control (and track) your vehicle from anywhere, as long as both you and your vehicle are connected to the DroneMobile network.
On-board security sensors
Built-in security sensors detect shock, tilt, glass-break, and towing, triggering your vehicle's security alarms, and sending you a security alert via DroneMobile. An onboard lithium-ion battery provides backup power and sends you an alert when the car battery gets disconnected.
GPS tracking locates your vehicle using DroneMobile Maps. Features include History Log, which reviews past activity and shows if any alerts were triggered; Points of Interest, which lets you know when you're approaching any POIs; and Curfew Alerts, the bane of many an after-hours teenage driver.
Can also stand alone as a GPS locator
Maybe you just want to know exactly where your vehicle is — whether you can never remember where you parked or you want to keep an eye on your teen's whereabouts. Even if you don't have a remote start system, the Drone X1 can work as a vehicle locater, finding your vehicle as long as it is within service distance. There's even a OBD harness available that simplifies the installation of the module as a stand-alone GPS locator for a vehicle without a remote start system.
Service levels and subsription rates
There are four levels of subscription plans: Basic (no GPS), Premium, Premium Plus, and Ultimate, with an increasing number of features as you step up. Prices start as low as $3.99 per month, but vary considerably according to plan and length of service. Go to dronemobile.com/subscription for more details.
- connects your smartphone to your aftermarket security or remote start system
- uses AT&T 4G LTE wireless network connection
- alternate Verizon network connection available with optional SIM card
- compatible with iDatastart remote start systems
- compatible with iOS and Android smartphones, tablets, watches, and laptops
- DroneMobile subscription required
- prices start at $3.99 per month
- dronemobile.com/subscription for more details
- Unlimited range when phone and car are both connected to network
- Smartphone Control:
- remote start/stop, lock/unlock, monitor security, receive alerts, and more
- GPS (Premium, Premium Plus, and Ultimate plans only):
- functions include locating, tracking, curfew alerts, history log, and more
- built-in security sensors detect shock, tilt, glass-break, and towing
- when triggered, they activate your vehicle's security alarms and send you an alert via Drone Mobile
- built-in lithium-ion backup battery triggers alert when car battery is cut off
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # X1MAX-LTE
What's in the box:
- X1-MAX Module
- AT&T SIM card (installed)
- 4' Data harness
- 40" 2-Wire OBD harness
- Keychain tag w/ serial number
- Rearview mirror tag
- Door jamb sticker w/ serial number (attached to X1 module)
- Registration & Activation information (Eng/Span/Fren)
Firstech Drone X1-MAX-LTE reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Firstech Drone X1-MAX-LTE
Overview: The Firstech Drone X1-MAX lets you add GPS tracking to your vehicle, along with smartphone control of your remote start system (sold separately). The X1-MAX uses an AT&T 4G LTE (GSM) wireless network connection (with 3G fallback), letting you connect from almost anywhere using your iOS or Android smartphone, smartwatch, tablet, or laptop, via the DroneMobile app (subscription required). The X1-MAX can be installed in over 90% of current vehicle types, with minimal wiring required.
- The Drone X1-MAX receives power, ground, and vehicle information via the included 4-pin data harness that plugs into your remote start module. If installing the X1-MAX as a stand-alone device, the X1-OBD Harness will be required (sold separately).
- The X1-MAX cannot be used in Puerto Rico; AT&T 4G LTE service is not available.
Smartphone Remote Start: The Firstech Drone X1-MAX includes a 4-pin data harness that allows it to connect directly with a variety of aftermarket remote start systems, including iDatastart, letting you lock/unlock your doors and remote start your vehicle from just about anywhere using your smart device. The X1-MAX can also be used as a stand-alone device (requires the optional X1-OBD Harness) that lets you simply activate/deactivate door locks, release a trunk lid, etc. through the X1-ODB Harness' programmable output wires, without remote start functions. The X1-OBD Harness provides the power and ground connections for the X1-MAX.
Note: Additional relays may be required when using the X1-OBD Harness along with the X1-MAX.
Security Features: The X1-MAX features built-in sensors that can detect shock, tilt, and glass-breakage, letting you know if your vehicle has been hit, broken into, or is being towed. An integrated lithium-ion battery will keep the X1-MAX operating in the event the vehicle battery is disconnected and will send a push notification, via the DroneMobile app, to alert you of the problem. Built-in GPS allows the DroneMobile app to display your vehicle's location if stolen or towed. The app can also alert you if any security features of a connected remote start or alarm system are violated.
Built-In GPS: The Drone X1-MAX features built-in LTE and GPS antennas, letting you keep track of one or more vehicles from your smartphone using the DroneMobile App, available from the Apple App and Google Play stores (subscription required). Using Apple and Google Map technology, the DroneMobile app can display your vehicle's location. Multiple vehicles can be monitored for both commercial fleet and family use.
- Engine Alerts: A push-notification can be sent to you when your vehicle's engine is turned on or off.
- Points of Interest (POI): Specific addresses (up to 10 per vehicle) can be entered as a Point of Interest. You will receive a notification whenever your vehicle stops at one of the specified addresses.
- Geofences: The DroneMobile app lets you create boundaries (up to 5) around specific areas, and will notify you if your vehicle enters or exits that area.
Driver Monitoring: The Drone X1-MAX can be extremely helpful for families with young drivers. The DroneMobile app's Family Sharing feature lets you add unlimited vehicles and drivers to your account, letting you keep all your family vehicle data in one place and customize alerts according to each member. In addition to Engine Alerts, GPS tracking of all your vehicles, Points of Interest, and Geofencing boundaries, additional Driver Monitoring features include:
- Speeding Alerts: Lets you set a speed limit for your vehicle and will notify you if it exceeds that limit.
- Curfew Alerts: Lets you specify a time when your vehicle should not be in use, and notifies you if it is.
OBD Integration: As part of the Drone X1-MAX installation, a two-wire connection from included harness to the CAN+ and CAN- wires at the vehicle's OBD (On-Board Diagnostics) harness will need to be made. This allows the X1-MAX to receive vehicle information that can be monitored and sent to you as a push-notification.
- Engine Codes: The X1-MAX's onboard diagnostics can read and determine the services your vehicle needs.
- Maintenance Reminders: Periodic maintenance such as oil changes can be scheduled in the DroneMobile app, notifying you when they are needed.
- Battery Status: Lets you monitor the vehicle's battery voltage and can alert you if low.
Home AI Integration: The DroneMobile app lets you track and control your vehicle using one of the "big 3" of smart home integration - Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, and Apple Siri. This lets you use voice commands to control the X1-MAX, such as for remote starting your vehicle or locking/unlocking your vehicle doors. You can even ask for the location and status of your vehicle without having to access the DroneMobile app on your device.
Installation: The Drone X1-MAX can easily be integrated with your compatible Compustar or iDatastart remote start system using the included 4-pin data harness that plugs directly into the remote starter's Telematics port. This provides power, ground, and vehicle information for the X1-MAX. For accessing the Engine Alerts (engine codes, maintenance, battery status, etc), a 2-wire harness is included that will need to be connected to the vehicle's CAN+ and CAN- wires at the OBD harness.
Registration & Activation: Once the X1-MAX is installed and you've downloaded the DroneMobile app, you will need to register the unit at install.myfirstech.com under "Activate as Guest". This lets you activate the unit and choose a subscription plan. Plans start as low as $5.99/month (monthly price) or $3.99/month (3-year prepaid) and are based according to the number of included features. Please see the DroneMobile subscription page for a complete list of plans and features available.
Verizon SIM (Optional): The Drone X1-MAX includes a SIM card for use with AT&T LTE networks. An optional Verizon SIM card is also available and can be found here.
4 questions already asked