About the Goal Zero Yeti 400
A plug-and-play power station
A plug-and-play power station
The Yeti 400 has two USB charging ports, 12V capability, and two AC outlets — one for standard U.S. power devices and one for international use.
The Goal Zero Yeti 400 is a gas-free source of portable power to keep lights, smartphones and laptops powered up through any situation. Its big lead-acid battery can store enough juice to be a limited source of emergency power during a blackout. The Yeti has connections to power your USB devices, as well as 12-volt and AC powered devices. One handy use would be powering a modem and router.
What makes the Yeti 400 so versatile is its substantial power storage capacity, and its ability to provide regulated power. Electronic devices like smartphones, tablets, and laptops can be finicky when it comes to charging. If they don't get just the right amount and consistency of power, they often won't take a charge — especially laptops. The Yeti 400's USB port supplies regulated power to keep your gear happy.
With its compact design and built-in carry handle, the Yeti 400 is portable, but it weighs 29 pounds, so you really wouldn't want to carry it very far. It's intended more to be used as a backup power supply at home, in an RV, or in a cabin.
Three ways to charge the Yeti 400
There are three ways to keep the Yeti 400 charged up and ready to go. If you don't have access to a conventional source of power, you can connect the Yeti 400 to Goal Zero's Boulder 15 or Escape 30 solar panel (a full recharge will take at least 26 hours). Or, you can plug the Yeti 400 into your car's 12-volt accessory port (takes about 13 hours), or into an AC wall outlet, which requires about 5 hours.
Who is Goal Zero?
Goal Zero is a Utah-based innovator of portable solar solutions that can power a variety of USB, 12-volt, and AC devices wherever and whenever you need them. Field-proven in some of the most remote places on Earth, Goal Zero products add an eco-friendly measure of convenience, comfort and safety to any outdoor adventure.
- portable power source to keep electronic devices, lights, etc. powered under any conditions
- rugged, weather-resistant design optimal operating temp. 32-104° F
- can be charged from wall AC, your car's 12V port, or a Goal Zero solar panel
- AGM lead acid battery
- battery capacity 396Wh (12V, 33Ah)
- approximate charging capacity: smartphone (30+ recharges); tablet (10+ recharges); laptop (3-5 recharges); GoPro® (70+ charges)
- built-in low-battery and overcharging protection
- inputs and outputs
- 2 USB ports for charging portable devices (5V, up to 2.1A, 10W max, regulated)
- 6mm charging port (12V, up to 10A, 120W max)
- 12V car port (12V, up to 10A, 120W max)
- AC inverter with two 3-prong receptacles (US: 110V/60Hz, up to 2.6A, 300W continuous; international: 220V/50Hz, up to 1.4A, 300W continuous)
- 8mm input port for charging the Yeti 400 (14-29V, up to 5A, 60W max)
- convenient pop-up carry handle
- includes 4.7mm to 8mm adapter for connecting older Nomad panels
- 10-1/4"W x 8"H x 8"D
- weight: 29 lbs.
- warranty: 6 months
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 23000
What's in the box:
- Yeti 400 Portable generator
- Charging power supply (70" DC output cord-15.3 volts/3 amps)
- 65" AC power cord
- 4.7mm to 8mm adapter cord for legacy Nomad products
- User guide
- Charging note
- Warranty information
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Goal Zero Yeti 400
Overview: The Yeti 400 generator is powered by a lead-acid AGM (Absorbent Glass Mat, little chance of an acid leak) battery. It is charged using the included AC power supply, an optional solar panel, or an optional car adapter. Individual switches control the 12 volt, USB, and AC outputs; multiple outputs can be used simultaneously. The display shows remaining battery capacity in 20% increments.
- Battery Voltage: 12 volts (396 Wh total capacity)
- Weight: 29 lbs
- Optimal Operating Temperature Range: 32°-104° F
- Optimal Storage Temperature: 77° F
- Input:14-29 volts, up to 10 amps (120 watts max); 8mm port
- 12 Volt Port (x2): 12 volts DC/10 amps (120 watts max; 6mm port)
- 12 Volt Car Port: 12 volts DC/10 amps (120 watts max; cigarette lighter type port)
- USB Ports (x2): female USB type-A Ports; 5 volts/2.1 amps (10 watts max; regulated)
- AC Outlets (x2):110 volts AC/60 Hz, 300 watts continuous/600 watts peak; modified sine wave (3-prong outlet)
- Shelf Life: 6 months; if not used, the battery should still be recharged every 3 months
- Approximate Charging Time:
- Included AC Power Supply: 5 hours
- Boulder 30 Solar Panel: 26-52 hours
- Optional Car Charger: 13 hours
- Height: 8"
- Depth: 8" (with nothing plugged in)