About the Genesis Technologies GT-3.0
Plenty of power and multiple output zones for your RV
Plenty of power and multiple output zones for your RV
The Genesis Technologies GT-3.0 DVD receiver boasts 200 watts RMS total output, spread out over 10 channels. You can run three different zones in a large RV, with 6 channels powering the five speakers and a passive subwoofer in your main room, and the remaining four channels covering two other stereo zones. You can select a single zone for music listening, or get every zone in on the party. And you can send video to all three zones as well, so everybody can enjoy the same movie, sports, or television program.
Bluetooth and other roadworthy extras
Genesis Technologies has packed a few extra features you'll appreciate into the GT-3.0. You get Bluetooth® for hands-free calling and audio streaming, plus an HDMI output for high-definition video output. The radio tuner includes a Weather Band tuner so you can keep up with the latest advisories. And the clock's sleep timer shuts off the system automatically, saving battery power.
Plays your media
The GT-3.0 plays your video DVDs and your regular CDs, along with CDs and DVDs burned with MP3 files. Two audio/video inputs and an audio input located on the back panel allow you to connect satellite TV, video game consoles, satellite radio, and other entertainment sources. You'll also appreciate the front-panel USB port and SD™ card slot, plus a mini-jack input that's perfect for plugging in an iPod®. The multi-function learning remote can control the receiver, your TV, and other components.
- DVD/CD player with AM/FM/Weather Band tuner
- 10 amplifier channels with 200 watts total RMS power output
- Bluetooth for hands-free calling and audio streaming
- remote control
- plays CDs, DVDs, USB memory devices, and SD cards (see Hands-on Research for full capabilities)
- 3-zone output — 5.1 in zone A, stereo in zones B and C
- inputs: front-panel USB and SD card inputs, front-panel aux input input, two rear A/V inputs, rear auxiliary RCA input
- outputs: 3 composite video outputs, one HDMI video output; 3-zone speaker outputs (5.1 in zone A, stereo in zones B and C); 2-channel preamp outputs
- mounting dimensions: 6-3/4" W x 9-1/2" H x 5" D
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # GT-3.0
What's in the box:
- Wireless remote control
- 2 AAA Batteries
- Zone A speaker wiring harness
- Zone B/C speaker wiring harness
- Power/Subwoofer wiring harness
- Owner's manual
Genesis Technologies GT-3.0 reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Genesis Technologies GT-3.0
Overview: The Genesis Technologies GT30 is an A/V receiver for your RV; it has a DVD/CD player and AM/FM/Weather Band tuner built in, HDMI and composite video outputs, multiple inputs for adding external components, and a digital amplifier to power up to eleven speakers (5.2 channel surround sound in the main zone and two additional zones with two speakers each). The GT30 is powered with 12 volts DC and mounts in a standard Chassis Group A opening, 6-3/4" wide x 9-1/2" tall.
Three Zone Output: The built-in amplifier (200 watts RMS total output) powers speakers in three different zones (locations). Each zone is individually selected (on/off) and all three can be used at the same time. The main zone (A) has 5.2 channel surround sound and zones B and C are two channel stereo. The two subwoofer outputs are amplified and designed to power SW-BOX4 subwoofers (804SWBOX4, sold separately).
- Width: 6.712"
- Height: 9.4"
- Depth: 5"
- Width: 8-1/4"
- Height: 11"
- Depth: 1-1/4"
Radio: The GT30 has AM, FM, and Weather Band tuners built in with 27 FM presets and 18 AM presets. When you switch to the Weather Band the tuner will automatically search for a frequency strong enough to tune. You can also manually switch between the seven programmed Weather Band frequencies. The Auto Best Station Memory function will scan the FM band and store strong stations until all 27 presets are full (if 27 stations are available).
CD/DVD Playback: The disc player is compatible with standard size (5"/12cm, not the smaller 3-1/2"/8cm) CD, CD-R, DVD, DVD-R, and DVD+R discs, including MP3, MP4 (short video clips), and JPEG (photo) files.
Inputs/Outputs: The GT30 has two audio video inputs (both are rear panel composite video and stereo RCA), two analog audio inputs (one front panel 3.5mm mini-jack and a pair of rear panel stereo RCAs), and one digital audio input (optical and coaxial digital inputs, but you can only use one of them) to easily add outboard components; satellite TV receiver, audio from TV, etc. There is also a line level output (stereo RCAs) to route audio to another component.
Video Output: There are three composite video outputs (one for each zone) and one HDMI output. The HDMI output is video only (audio is transferred but the volume is too low to be useful) and the video resolution can be scaled to 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, or 1080p.
SD/USB Compatibility: The front panel SD card slot and USB port are compatible with memory devices up to 8 GB and will play MP3, MP4, and JPEG files. The USB port will charge an iPod, but iPod audio is not transferred via USB.
Bluetooth: The GT30 is equipped with built-in Bluetooth ver. 2.0 Class II transceiver, allowing you to pair a Bluetooth enabled cell phone and make and receive phone calls wirelessly through the receiver. There is a microphone on the front panel and you can hear the other party through the connected speakers. Bluetooth Technology is a short-range wireless radio connectivity technology developed for mobile phones and other electronic devices. Bluetooth operates in 2.4 GHz frequency range and transmits voice and data at speeds up to 1 megabit per second. The GT30 also supports Bluetooth Audio Streaming. Supported profiles include OPP, OBEX, SPP, A2DP, and AVRCP.
Wireless Remote Control: In addition to controlling the GT30, the included remote is programmable and can learn codes from other devices' remotes.
Menu: The setup menu has several sections:
- TV System: NTSC, PAL, Auto
- Video: interlaced, RGB, progressive, S-video
- Resolution: 480i, 480p, 720p, 1080i, 1080p
- TV Type: 4:3 pan and scan, 4:3 letterbox, 16:9
- Password: 4-digit code
- Rating: parental rating allowed; Kid Safe, G, PG, PG13, PG-R, R, NC-17, Adult
- Default: restore default settings
- OSD: English, Chinese, German, Spanish, French, Portuguese
- Audio: English, Chinese, Japanese, German, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Latin
- Subtitle: English, Chinese, Japanese, German, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Off
- Menu: English, Chinese, Japanese, German, Spanish, French, Portuguese, Latin
- Digital Audio: Off, RAW, PCM
- Key: adjust the pitch
- Front: Large, Small, Off
- Center: Large, Small, Off
- Rear: Large, Small, Off
- Brightness: 0 to 12
- Contrast: 0 to 12
- Hue: -6 to +6
- Saturation: 0 to 12
- Sharpness: 0 to 8
- Downmix: LT/RT, Stereo, VSS, 5.1 Channel
- Subwoofer: on, off
- Center Delay: 0 to 5ms (1ms increments)
- Rear Delay: 0 to 15ms (3ms increments)
- Bass Mode: Large, Small, Off
EQ: In addition to Bass and Treble adjustment, there are three preset equalizer curves, Pop, Classical, and Rock.
Clock/Sleep Timer: The GT30 has a built-in clock and sleep timer, allowing you to automatically turn the power off after a predetermined amount of time. The sleep timer can be set between 10 and 90 minutes in 10 minute increments.
- Antenna: Motorola
- A/V Input 1: Composite video and stereo audio female RCA
- SD Video Output: 3 male RCA
- A/V Input 2: Composite video and stereo audio female RCA
- IR Input: 3.5mm mini-jack
- Line Output: Female stereo RCA
- Digital Audio Input: Optical or Coaxial (can't use both)
- Audio Input 2: Female stereo RCA
- HD Video Output: HDMI
- USB: Type-A port
- SD: Standard SD card slot
- Service Terminal: USB mini B 2.0; JTAG port for firmware update by authorized technician only
- Audio Input 1: 3.5mm stereo mini-jack
- Maximum Current Consumption: 10 amps
- Total Continuous Power Output: 200 watts
- Load Impedance: 4Ω (4Ω-8Ω allowable)
- THD: typical 0.05%; maximum 0.1%
- Video Output Level: 1.0Vp-p +/-0.2V 75Ω
4 questions already asked