About the Google Nest Hub Max
More than just a Google Assistant
More than just a Google Assistant
The Google Nest Hub Max is an entertainment system, information hub, and command center all rolled into one. And it can all be operated with just your voice. The Nest Hub Max can play music from your favorite streaming services, display photos, play YouTube™ videos and more. Get weather, news updates, and reminders, and chat with friends. The Nest Hub Max can control many smart home devices and systems.
This smart display has a big, 10-inch touchscreen and a built-in stereo sound system. And it also has Bluetooth 5.0, so you can stream high-quality music directly from compatible smartphones and tablets.
Big screen that's big on features
Built-in sensors monitor ambient light and automatically adjust the touchscreen's brightness for optimal viewing. The 6.5 megapixel camera has a wide, 127° field of view with auto framing. So as you video chat with a friend using the Google Duo app, you can move around and still be centered in their view. And if you're not around when a friend calls, the Nest Hub Max lets your caller leave a video message.
A smart control center
The Google Nest Hub Max has built-in far-field microphones that can be keyed to as many as six different voices for commands. It can also use Face Match technology to identify regular users.
Sync the device to your Google calendar to receive reminders and schedules. Face Match identifies the user and serves up only the reminders and schedules relevant to them.
Big sound, too
The Nest Hub Max has two 3/4" tweeters mounted under the touchscreen for stereo sound. A 3" rear-firing woofer fills out the low tones. Placed close to a wall, the system can deliver even stronger bass.
Chromecast for high-quality audio streaming
The Nest Hub Max uses the Chromecast built-in wireless audio platform. Stream music over your Wi-Fi® network from your favorite apps on your smartphone or tablet, such as Spotify®, TIDAL, Pandora®, Google Play Music, TuneIn, and iHeartRadio. Stream music directly from the cloud to the Nest Hub Max and other Chromecast built-in speakers and components as part of a wireless multi-room audio system.
Nest Cam and other smart devices
The Google Nest Hub Max's built-in camera can function as a Nest Cam. That means you can activate it remotely via your smartphone to see what's happening at home. And if you have a Nest Cam subscription, it enables security alerts, video recording, and customizable activation zones.
The Nest Hub Max can also control compatible smart home devices from Wemo, Philips Hue, Samsung SmartThings, Nest, and more. Setup is done through the free Google Nest app on your Android™ or Apple® device. You can control your devices either through voice or touchscreen commands.
- hands-free help from the Google Assistant
- stream music, get answers from Google, and control compatible smart devices with your voice
- use the phrase "Okay Google" or "Hey Google" to start a voice-activated command
- two built-in far-field microphones
- voice-activated Wi-Fi-enabled powered speaker system
- Bluetooth 5.0 for high-quality music streaming from compatible devices
- switch on back lets you turn off camera and microphones
10" LCD touchscreen:
- displays information such as time, weather, and reminders
- displays information in response to inquiries, such as business websites, directions, etc.
- shows album art, song, and artist info for compatible streaming music services
- shows images from Google Photos and Google image searches
- plays videos from YouTube and other compatible sources
- readouts and touchscreen control for connected Smart Home devices
- ambient EQ light sensor
Google Assistant functions:
- "Voice Match" and "Face Match" recognizes up to six different voices and faces for personalized info
- each person can sync their Google account, contacts, calendar to their voice or face
- wirelessly stream from Spotify®, Pandora®, YouTube Music, Google Music, and other online music services
- multiple Google Home devices can be grouped together so you can play the same song in every room
- hands-free audio-only calls to businesses and your phone contacts
- stay in the know about weather, traffic, finance, sports, and more
- set alarms, start timers, and add items to your shopping list
6.5 megapixel camera:
- 127° wide field of view
- auto framing
- built-in Nest Cam features for live remote monitoring
- subscription required to activate all Nest Cam features
- create a multi-room audio system with other Chromecast built-in wireless speakers and components
- control Chromecast built-in-compatible streaming services such as Spotify, TIDAL, Pandora, Google Play Music, TuneIn, and iHeartRadio (subscription required for some services)
General features and specs:
- two 3/4" tweeters and one rear-firing 3" woofer
- 50 watts total power (10W x 2 for tweeters + 30W for woofer)
- dual-band 802.11ac Wi-Fi delivers fast, reliable wireless streaming
- AC power required
- 9-7/8"W x 7-3/16"H x 3-15/16"D
- weight: 2.91 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # GA00426-US
What's in the box:
- Voice activated speaker w/ built-in video screen
- AC power adapter (w/ attached 58" DC cord)
- "Let's get started" card
- "Safety + Warranty sheet
Google Nest Hub Max reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Google Nest Hub Max
Google Nest Hub Max: The Google Nest Hub Max is a voice-activated smart speaker that is powered by Google's digital assistant and features a built-in 10" touchscreen display and 6.5MP camera. Ask it questions or tell it to do things and the Google Nest Hub Max will answer and display your requests. It's your own personal Google assistance that is always ready to help. Thanks to Google's rich history in search, the Google Nest Hub Max is ready for your questions. Get real-time answers including the latest on weather, traffic, finance, sports, local businesses and more.
- Far-Field Microphones: Two far-field microphones and industry-leading natural language processing ensure Google Nest Hub Max hears you reliably. Say your commands and ask your questions form across the room and the Google Nest Hub Max will respond. There is a manual switch to turn off the microphone for a higher level of privacy and security; the unit will not react to any voice keywords unless you turn the microphone back on.
- Two-Way Speaker: Two 0.75" front-firing tweeters and one rear-firing 3" woofer with built-in amplifier provide audible responses and playback to your voice commands, requests and questions - including playback of your favorite music playlists.
- 10" HD Touchscreen: The integrated 10" HD touchscreen display lets you see more of the information and content you want and need. Watch the news and see weather reports, enjoy YouTube and other online video content, as well as look at your Google Photos on the 10" touchscreen display. You also get to enjoy song/artist information and album art while playing music. The touchscreen display has an auto brightness feature or you can manually adjust the brightness level. The touchscreen interface works like your smartphone or tablet with simple finger swipes and taps.
- 6.5MP Camera: The built-in 6.5MP front-facing camera (with 127° wide view and auto framing) lets you enjoy live video chats with friends & family that use the Google Duo App (for Apple iOS & Android), provides facial recognition for personalized content, and supports Nest Aware (subscription required). There is a manual switch to turn off the camera for a higher level of privacy and security.
Note: Up to six people can connect their Google account to one Google Nest Hub Max. So when you ask the Google Assistant for help, it can distinguish your voice from your spouse or kids, and you'll be able to hear your own personal playlists, your own commute time, your own schedule and more.
Wireless Network Connection: The Google Nest Hub Max is equipped with built-in WiFi for a wireless connection to your home's wireless router and network. It uses dual band (2.4GHz/5Ghz) WiFi (802.11b/g/n/ac) for high-performance streaming. WPA2-Enterprise is not supported and there is no hardwired Ethernet network connection.
- Google Home App: Use the Google Home App (for Apple iOS 12.0+ and Android OS 6.0+) to connect the Google Nest Hub Max to your home's wireless WiFi network from your Apple iOS or Android device. You also get to configure compatible apps within the Google Home App, plus adjust various settings.
- Guest Mode: Guest mode makes it easier for your friends to cast their favorite media to your Google Nest Hub Max from an Android or Apple iOS device without connecting to your WiFi network. As the host, you can keep your password private. Guests can cast from their Android or Apple iOS device as long as they are in the same room as the Google Nest Hub Max.
Video Calls & Video Messages: The Google Nest Hub Max supports hands-free calling, so you can call friends, family, and businesses using just your voice. Call your own personal contacts or millions of businesses thanks to Google's extensive business listings. You can also call a number by speaking it aloud. And thanks to the built-in 10 " touchscreen monitor you can even video chat with Google Duo App users. The Nest Hub Max also supports video messages.
Note: Google does not record any of the phone conversation. Answering incoming calls and calls to emergency services are not supported.
Google Photos: The Google Nest Hub Max makes enjoying your favorite Google Photos on the cloud even better with Live Albums, Google Voice Assistance, and and Ambient EQ. After creating a Live Album with Google Photos, the Nest Hub Max automatically displays your best photos, so you can share your Live Albums with friends and family. You can also see any picture in your Google Photos on the Nest Hub's Max 10" screen by simply saying "Hey Google, show me my photos". In addition, the Nest Hub Max automatically senses and matches more than 16 million combinations of light and color in any room, so the photos you display on-screen look their best in your room.
Built-In Nest Cam: Keep an eye on things at home with the Nest Hub Max's built-in Nest Cam and the Google Home app on your compatible smartphone or tablet device. Check in for a live view and get motion and sound alerts on your phone or tablet using the Google Home app. With a Nest Aware subscription, you'll get continuous video recording, familiar face alerts, and more. Nest Aware continuously records what's happening, 24/7, for up to 30 days. You can scan through your entire video history ( not just clips) to see what you missed. You'll also get alerts for things that matter, like when your Nest Cam spots a person, or your Nest Hello or Nest Cam IQ detects a familiar face.
Note: The Nest Cam built into the Nest Hub Max device does not support Night Vision.
Face Match: Google Nest Hub Max can recognize your face and proactively show you your personalized content. This includes things like video messages, reminders, and upcoming calendar events. When you approach Nest Hub Max for the first time each day, you can also choose to see things like the weather, your morning commute, suggestions of music to listen to and top news headlines of the day.
Note: Face Match is not a security feature. It's used to make your experience with your Nest Hub Max more enjoyable, convenient and specific to you. Your device may not be able to tell the difference between you and, for example, a photograph of your face. If another member of your household looks very similar to you, the device may identify them as you.
Home Entertainment: Stream audio from 100+ Chromecast-enabled apps (including music, radio, podcasts, news, weather & sports). You can also playback music libraries stored on your computer using the Chrome web browser or your Android OS device. You can even setup up a multiroom audio system with multiple Chromecast enabled devices. In addition, your voice can be used to control any Chromecast enabled speaker, receiver, or TV on your network.
- Music, Radio, & Podcasts: Play music from popular music services by artist, song, genre, album playlist, mood, or activity. You can also listen to your favorite internet radio station. Compatible music and internet radio apps include Apple Music, Tidal, Spotify, Pandora, TuneIn, GooglePlay Music, YouTube Music, iHeart Radio, and more (subscriptions and fees will apply). You can also listen to your favorite podcasts and shows from anywhere in your home, using only your voice. Currently, you can't request podcasts from partner podcast players, like Spotify, Google Play Music, and TuneIn. By playing music from a Chrome browser tab, you can even mirror what's playing on your computer screen onto the Google Nest Hub Max. In addition, you can stream your favorite music, playlists, podcasts, and more that are stored on your Android (OS 5.0+) device to the Google Nest Hub Max (This is also known as "mirroring"). You cannot stream stored content on an Apple iOS device.
- Multiroom Audio: Multiple Google Nest devices can be grouped together to enjoy the same song in every room. Group any combination of Google Nest, Chromecast Audio or Speaker with Chromecast built-in together for synchronous music throughout your home. Your favorite music and audio from Chromecast-enabled apps are instantly available to stream. Multi-room sync with video devices isn't currently supported.
- Movies, TV, and Photos: Because the Google Nest Hub Max has a built-in touchscreen display monitor, you can use it to watch videos and view photos. Use the Google Next Hub to control and watch Netflix, Disney+, Hulu, YouTube TV, SlingTV, and more. In addition, you can enjoy a slideshow of your personal photos from your Google Photos library. Subscriptions and fees will apply.
- AV Component Control: Using only your voice, you can initiate and control audio to any powered speaker, receiver, or TV with Chromecast, Chromecast Audio, or Chromecast built-in. You'll have access to Play, Pause, Skip, & Volume control of each compatible speaker. You can even use the Google Nest Hub Max to control select online entertainment content on your TV with Chromecast or Chromecast built-in.
- News, Weather & Sports: Get the latest news and weather from sources you trust. With the Google Nest Hub Max, you can listen to top headlines, get the latest on a certain category of news (like world, weather, business, tech, etc.), or ask about a specific news item. With the Google Nest Hub Max, you can even stay up-to-date on your favorite sports, teams, and games using your voice.
Note: Paid subscriptions and fees will apply for many online music and video services.
Smart Home Automation: You'll be able to control smart devices around your home via voice or app commands. Google Nest compatible smart home automation partners include Philips Hue, Samsung SmartThings, Belkin Wemo, Nest, Honeywell, and more. You can even create your own voice commands for the Google Assistant on your Apple iOS or Android device using IFTTT (If This, Then That).
- Doorbells & Cameras: Use the unit's built-in 10" touchscreen display to show you who is on camera or at the door when connected to smart home cameras and doorbell systems (including Nest & Ring).
- Light Control: With Philips Hue or lights connected to Samsung SmartThings, you can use your voice to control the lights around your house without touching a switch (Philips Hue Scenes are not supported).
- Smart Plugs & Switch Control: You can also use your voice to control Belkin Wemo plugs or switches and plugs or switches connected to SmartThings using just your voice and the Google Assistant.
- Thermostat Control: You can use your voice with the Google Assistant to control the temperature in your home, switch between heating and cooling modes, and more (compatible thermostats include the Nest Thermostat, the Honeywell thermostat, or select thermostats connected to Samsung SmartThings).
Manage Tasks & Plan Your Day: Start your day the right way with the Google Nest Hub Max. Wake up to hear and view the information you need without going online or opening your calendar. Also, set alarms and timers for things you need to do.
- Calendar & Event Information: Use the Google Nest Hub Max and Google Calendar to get information about an event or get your schedule for the day from Google Calendar - using only your voice. Currently, you will only hear and see events from the main calendar associated with the Google Account used to set up Google Nest. You can't add events to your Google Calendar using your voice. You can even use Google Assistant and Gmail to get status updates on your upcoming flights.
- Traffic, Commute, & Flight Information: With the Google Nest Hub Max, you can always get to work on time by hearing and seeing information about your commute, traffic conditions, and your estimated time of arrival. You can even call a car to come pick you up with Uber.
- Weather Forecast Information: With the Google Nest Hub Max, you can listen to and see the current weather and upcoming forecast for your location using only your voice.
- Local Business & Shopping Info: With Google Assistant, you can search for local places and ask for important information, like hours of operation or addresses. Order everyday essentials & add items to your shopping list with your Google Assistant on the Google Nest Hub Max.
- Alarms & Timers: Set, check, cancel, stop, and snooze multiple recurring alarms. Never run late or miss a flight or meeting. You can set and manage alarms with just your voice. Set and manage a timer for cooking, game time, laundry and to track other activities using the timer on the Google Nest Hub Max. It's great for the kitchen, but can be used in the living room, bedroom, and more. Set, pause, check, resume, and cancel timers.
Answers & Games: The Google Nest Hub Max's built-in Google Assistant helps you find answers for many of your daily questions through the Google search engine - including calculations, translations, unit conversions, nutrition, dictionary, finances, facts, and more. You can even lighten up your day or test your trivia smarts with jokes, trivia, games, and other fun on the Google Nest Hub Max.
Built-In Bluetooth: The Google Nest Hub Max offers built-in Bluetooth and acts as a receiver or transmitter. Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) support provides audio streaming from your Bluetooth source device to the Google Nest Hub Max, or from the Google Nest Hub Max to a Bluetooth-enabled speaker or headphone.
AC Power Adapter: The Google Nest Hub Max voice-activated speaker comes with an external AC power adapter which needs to be plugged into an AC wall outlet or surge protector (sold separately).
1 question already asked