About the Google Nest Mini
One handy smart speaker
One handy smart speaker
The Google Nest Mini is an entertainment source, information hub, and smart home center all rolled into one compact little device. With just voice commands, you can have the Nest Mini give you the weather, news updates, and reminders. Use it to chat with friends, or entertain yourself with music and podcasts.
The Nest Mini can also control many smart home devices and systems. And it has Bluetooth built-in, so you can steam music directly from compatible smartphones and tablets, or send music to compatible speakers and headphones.
A smart control center
The Google Nest Mini has three built-in far-field microphones that can be programmed to identify as many as six different voices for personalized commands. Sync the device to your Google calendar to receive reminders and schedules. Voice Match identifies the user and serves up only the reminders and schedules relevant to them.
Hands-free calls and chat
You can use the Nest Mini to make hands-free calls to numbers in the U.S. and Canada. You can also use the Nest Mini as an intercom with other compatible Google speakers to call everyone to dinner.
Chromecast for audio streaming
The Nest Mini uses the Chromecast built-in wireless audio platform. Stream music over your Wi-Fi® network from your favorite apps on your smartphone or tablet, such as Spotify®, TIDAL, Pandora®, Google Play Music, TuneIn, and iHeartRadio. Stream music directly from the cloud to the Nest Mini and other Chromecast built-in speakers and components as part of a wireless multi-room audio system.
Control smart home devices
The Nest Mini can control compatible smart home devices from Wemo, Philips Hue, Samsung SmartThings, Nest, and more. Setup is done through the free Google Home app on your Android™ or Apple® device. You can control your devices either using your voice with the Nest Mini or touchscreen commands with your smartphone..
- hands-free help from the Google Assistant
- stream music, get answers from Google, and control compatible smart devices with your voice
- 3 built-in far-field microphones
- voice-activated Wi-Fi-enabled powered speaker system
- Bluetooth built-in
- stream music from compatible devices
- stream music to Bluetooth speakers and headphones
- switch on back turns off microphones for privacy
Google Assistant functions:
- "Voice Match" recognizes up to six different voices for personalized info
- each person can sync their Google account, contacts, calendar to their voice
- wirelessly stream from Spotify®, Pandora®, YouTube Music, Google Music, and other online music services
- multiple Google Home devices can be grouped together so you can play the same song in every room
- hands-free calls to businesses and your phone contacts
- stay in the know about weather, traffic, finance, sports, and more
- set alarms, start timers, and add items to your shopping list
- use as an intercom with compatible Google Home devices
- create a multi-room audio system with other Chromecast built-in wireless speakers and components
- control Chromecast built-in-compatible streaming services such as Spotify, TIDAL, Pandora, Google Play Music, TuneIn, and iHeartRadio (subscription required for some services)
General features and specs:
- up-firing 1-1/2" full-range driver
- dual-band 802.11ac Wi-Fi delivers fast, reliable wireless streaming
- top-panel capacitive touch controls
- durable fabric cover made from recycled plastic bottles
- keyhole slot for wall-mounting
- AC power required
- 3-7/8" diameter x 1-11/16"H
- weight: 6.4 oz.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # GA01141-US
What's in the box:
- Voice-activated powered speaker
- AC power adapter (attached 5' DC cord)
- "Let's Get Started" booklet
- Safety/Warranty/Regulatory Manual
- Privacy note
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Google Nest Mini
Google Nest Mini: Google Nest Mini is a voice-activated speaker powered by the Google Assistant. Ask it questions or tell it to do things. It's your own personal Google assistance that is always ready to help. Thanks to Google's rich history in search, Google Home is ready for your questions. Get real-time answers including the latest on weather, traffic, finance, sports, local businesses and more.
- Far-Field Voice Recognition: A simple voice request triggers Google Nest Mini to play music, podcasts, radio and more. 3 Far-field microphones and industry-leading natural language processing ensure Google Nest Mini hears you reliably. You can mute the microphone for privacy.
- 360° Omni-Directional Sound: An integrated 1.6" driver powered by a built-in amplifier delivers 360° omni-directional and 2x stronger bass than the original Google Home Mini.
Multi-User Accounts with Voice Match: One Google Nest Mini can has the ability to connect with up to six people and their Google Accounts. You can teach the Google Assistant to recognize your voice with Voice Match, so it can distinguish your voice from your spouse or kids. You'll get receive information that's peersonalized just for you; such as schedules, daily briefings, music playlists, and more.
Wireless Network Connection: The Google Nest Mini is equipped with built-in WiFi for a wireless connection to your home's wireless router and network. It uses dual band (2.4GHz/5Ghz) Wi-Fi (802.11b/g/n/ac) for high-performance streaming. WPA2-Enterprise is not supported.
Google Home App: Use the Google Home App (for Apple iOS 11.0+ and Android OS 5.0+) to connect the Google Nest Mini Speaker to your home's wireless WiFi network from your Apple iOS or Android device. You also get to configure compatible apps within the Google Home App, plus adjust various settings.
Chromecast Compatible: Using only your voice, you can initiate and control audio to any powered speaker, receiver, or TV with Chromecast, Chromecast Audio, or Chromecast built-in. You'll have access to Play, Pause, Skip, & Volume control of each compatible speaker.
Multi-Room Audio: Multiple Google Nest Mini devices can be grouped together to enjoy the same song in every room. Group any combination of Google Nest, Google Home, Chromecast Audio, and/or Chromecast built-in devices together for synchronous music throughout your home. Your favorite music and audio from Chromecast-enabled apps are instantly available to stream.
Note: Multi-room sync with video devices isn't currently supported.
Mobile App Audio Streaming: Stream audio from your smartphone to Google Nest Mini from 100+ Chromecast-enabled audio apps or through phone mirroring.
- Music & Radio: Play music from popular music services by artist, song, genre, album playlist, mood, or activity. You can also listen to your favorite internet radio station. Compatible music and internet radio apps include Tidal, Spotify, Pandora, TuneIn, GooglePlay Music, YouTube Music, iHeart Radio (subscription fees may apply).
- News, Weather & Sports: Get the latest news and weather from sources you trust. With Google Nest Mini, you can listen to top headlines, get the latest on a certain category of news (like world, weather, business, tech, etc.), or ask about a specific news item. With Google Nest Mini, you can even stay up-to-date on your favorite sports, teams, and games using your voice.
- Podcasts & Audiobooks: With Google Nest Mini, you can listen to your favorite podcasts from anywhere in your home, using only your voice. Currently, you can't request podcasts from partner podcast players, like Spotify, Google Play Music, and TuneIn. You can also listen to audiobooks from Google Play Books on the Google Nest Mini. You won't be able buy audiobooks or listen to audiobook samples.
- Chrome Browser: By playing music from a Chrome browser tab, you can mirror what's playing on your computer screen onto Google Nest Mini.
- Android Audio: Stream your favorite music, playlists, podcasts, and more that are stored on your Android (OS 4.4.2+) device to Google Nest Mini. This is also known as "mirroring". You cannot stream stored content on an Apple iOS device.
- Some music providers, like Spotify and YouTube Music, require a subscription to play music from its Chromecast-enabled app. Also, you must cast from the YouTube Music app, not the YouTube app.
- You can block explicit music and video content from YouTube, Google Play Music, and other music/radio services from playing on Google Nest Mini and linked devices.
- Click here for a full list of compatible Music/Entertainment & News/Publishing apps and partners.
Streaming To Your TV: You can even use Google Nest Mini to control your TV with Chromecast or Chromecast built-in. You can initiate and control YouTube videos, as well as select TV shows and movies from Netflix with simply using your voice. In addition, you can enjoy a slideshow of your personal photos from your Google Photos library.
Hands-Free Calling: Google Nest Mini supports hands-free calling, so you can call friends, family, and businesses using just your voice. Call your own personal contacts or millions of businesses thanks to Google's extensive business listings. You can also call a number by speaking it aloud. Google does not record any of the phone conversation. Answering incoming calls and calls to emergency services are not supported.
Smart Home Automation: Google Nest Mini lets you control devices around your home from compatible smart home automation partners. The Google Nest Mini and Google Assistant can even do multiple things with a single phrase. For example, "Hey Google, good morning" can turn on the lights, turn up the heat and tell you about the weather and your commute.
- IFTTT: You can create your own voice commands for Google Nest Mini or the Google Assistant on your Android device, Apple iPhone, or computer using IFTTT (If This, Then That).
- Light Control: With Philips Hue or lights connected to Samsung SmartThings on Google Nest Mini, you can use your voice to control the lights around your house without touching a switch. Philips Hue Scenes are not supported.
- Smart Plugs & Switch Control: You can use your voice to control Belkin Wemo plugs or switches and plugs or switches connected to SmartThings on Google Nest Mini.
- Thermostat Control: Now you can use your voice with the Google Assistant and Google Nest Mini to control the temperature in your home, switch between heating and cooling modes, and more. Compatible thermostats include the Nest Thermostat, the Honeywell thermostat, or select thermostats connected to Samsung SmartThings.
Note: Click here for a a full list of compatible Smart Home apps and partners.
Manage Tasks & Plan Your Day: Start your day the right way with Google Nest Mini. Wake up and hear the information you need without going online or opening your calendar. Also, set alarms, timers, and reminders for things you need to do on a regular basis.
- Calendar & Event Information: Use Google Nest Mini and Google Calendar to get information about an event or get your schedule for the day from Google Calendar - using only your voice. Currently, you will only hear events from the main calendar associated with the Google Account used to set up Google Nest Mini. You can't add events to your Google Calendar using your voice.
- Commute & Flight Information: With Google Nest Mini, you can always get to work on time by hearing information about your commute, traffic conditions, and your estimated time of arrival. You can also call a car to come pick you up with Uber. You can even use Google Nest Mini and Gmail to get status updates on your upcoming flights.
- Weather Forecast Information: With Google Nest Mini, you can listen to the current weather and upcoming forecast for your location using only your voice.
- Local Business Information & Shopping: With Google Nest Mini, you can search for local places and ask for important information, like hours of operation or addresses. You can also everyday essentials & add items to your shopping list with your Google Assistant on Google Nest Mini. Add items to your shopping list and check what's already on it using Google Keep. Then order hands-free from your favorite stores with Google Express.
- Alarms & Timers: You can set and manage alarms with just your voice. Set, check, cancel, stop, and snooze multiple recurring alarms. You can also seet and manage timers for cooking, game time, laundry and to track other activities using the timer on Google Nest Mini. It's great for the kitchen, but can be used in the living room, bedroom, and more.
Notes: Click here for a full list of compatible Tasks & Shopping apps and partners.
Get Answers: Google Nest Mini can help you find answers for many of your daily questions - including calculator, translations, unit conversions, nutrition, dictionary, and more.
- Calculator: Perform complicated calculations
- Dictionary: Get definitions of spellings for words.
- Facts & Info: Get answers to everyday questions.
- Finance: Ask about current individual stock prices or current points of an index, like the NASDAQ.
- Nutrition: Get nutrition information for ingredients or food.
- Translations: Get translations for words or phrases in supported languages.
Fun & Games: Lighten up your day or test your trivia smarts with jokes, trivia, games, and other fun on Google Nest Mini. Click here for a full list of compatible Fun & Game apps and partners.
Touch & Remote Control: The top touch surface gives you Play/Pause and Volume Up/Down control. There is also a Mic switch on the side to turn the microphones On or Off. You can also use your Android or Apple iOS device as a remote to operate Playback and Volume from the Google Home app.
Guest Mode: Guest mode makes it easier for your friends to cast their favorite media to your Google Nest Mini from an Android or Apple iOS device without connecting to your Wi-Fi network. As the host, you can keep your password private. Guests can cast from their Android or Apple iOS device as long as they are in the same room as the Google Nest Mini.
Mounting Options: The Google Nest Mini can simply be placed on a tabletop, shelf, stand, countertop, or other flat surface. It can also be wall-mounted using its integrated keyhole slot (mounting screw not provided). Make sure not to obstruct the built-in microphones and speaker.
AC Power Adapter: The Google Nest Mini voice-activated speaker comes with an external AC power adapter which needs to be plugged into an AC wall outlet or surge protector (sold separately - see Accessories Tab).