About the Google Nest Hub (2nd gen)
An improved Nest Hub for your home
An improved Nest Hub for your home
The Google Nest Hub (2nd gen) gives you even more control options than its predecessor. You can tap on the 7" touchscreen, or use voice commands for totally hands-free control. You can even use hand gestures for simple commands, such as skipping a song or increasing the volume.
Information and entertainment central
The Nest Hub (2nd gen) can display time, temperature, and news updates. Enjoy Netflix® and YouTube® videos. You can also display slideshows from your Google Photos account. See album art, song, and artist info as music plays from streaming services like Spotify®, Pandora®, and YouTube Music. Check information from your connected smart home devices — and control them. And you can do it all with either your voice or the touchscreen.
A compact control center
The Google Nest Hub (2nd gen) has three built-in far-field microphones that can be set up to recognize as many as six different voices for commands. Google's Voice Match feature means that each individual user can quickly see content related to their own profile. And you can turn off the mics at any time for more privacy..
Sync this smart display to your Google calendar to receive reminders and schedules. You can also link it with other Google Assistant products and devices with Google Chromecast built-in to create a wireless multi-room audio system. It connects to your network via Wi-Fi®, and plugs into an AC outlet for power.
Control compatible smart devices
The Nest Hub (2nd gen) can control compatible smart home devices from WeMo, Philips Hue, Google Nest and more. It can display live feeds from compatible smart home cams. Control your devices with your voice, or simply touch the screen.
- Google Assistant voice-activated powered speaker
- dual-band Wi-Fi 5 (802.11ac) delivers fast, reliable wireless streaming
- built-in Bluetooth
- Soli motion detection for control with hand gestures
- 7" LCD touchscreen:
- displays information such as time, weather, and reminders
- shows album art, song, and artist info for compatible streaming music services
- shows images from Google Photos and Google image searches
- plays videos from Netflix, YouTube, and other compatible sources (subscriptions may be required)
- readouts and touchscreen control for connected Smart Home devices
Google Assistant functions:
- "Voice Match" recognizes up to six different voices for personalized answers
- each person can sync their Google account, contacts, calendar to their voice
- stream from Spotify®, Apple Music® YouTube® Music, Google Music, and other online music services (subscriptions required)
- multiple Google Home devices can be grouped together so you can play the same song in every room
- control audio gear with Chromecast built-in by voice or touchscreen
General info and specs:
- 3 far-field microphones and natural language processing ensure reliable voice recognition
- switch on back to turn off microphones
- built-in ambient EQ and temperature sensors
- AC adapter included
- 7"W x 4-3/4"H x 2-3/4"D
- weight: 1.23 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # GA01892-US
What's in the box:
- Voice activated speaker w/ built-in video screen
- AC power adapter (w/ attached 58" DC cord)
- "Let's get started" card
- "Safety + Warranty sheet
- Privacy Note
Google Nest Hub (2nd gen) reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Google Nest Hub (2nd gen)
Google Nest Hub (2nd Gen): The Google Nest Hub (2nd Gen) is a voice-activated smart speaker that is powered by Google's digital assistant and features a built-in 7" touchscreen display. Ask it questions or tell it to do things and the Google Nest Hub (2nd Gen) will answer and display your requests. It's your own personal Google assistance that is always ready to help. Thanks to Google's rich history in search, the Google Nest Hub (2nd Gen) is ready for your questions. Get real-time answers including the latest on weather, traffic, finance, sports, local businesses and more.
- Built-in Microphones & Speaker: Thtree far-field microphones and industry-leading natural language processing ensure Google Nest Hub (2nd Gen) hears you reliably. Say your commands and ask your questions form across the room and the Google Nest Hub (2nd Gen) will respond. There is a manual switch to turn off the microphone for a higher level of privacy and security; the unit will not react to any voice keywords unless you turn the microphone back on. A built-in 1.7" full-range speaker provides audible responses and playback to your voice commands, requests and questions.
- Touchscreen Display: The integrated 7" touchscreen display lets you see more of the information and content you want and need. Watch the news and see weather reports, enjoy YouTube and other online video content, as well as look at your Google Photos on the 7" touchscreen display. You also get to enjoy song/artist information and album art while playing music. The touchscreen display has an auto brightness feature or you can manually adjust the brightness level. The touchscreen interface works like your smartphone or tablet with simple finger swipes and taps.
Note: Up to six people can connect their Google account to one Google Nest Hub (2nd Gen). So when you ask the Google Assistant for help, it can distinguish your voice from your spouse or kids, and you'll be able to hear your own personal playlists, your own commute time, your own schedule and more.
Motion Sensor: The Google Nest Hub (2nd Gen) features a built-in Motion Sensor with support for Gesture Control and Sleep Sensing.
- Quick Gestures: Quick Gestures uses the Google Nest Hub (2nd Gen)'s builtin motion sensor to detect when your hand moves without a camera. You can use Quick Gestures to control many Nest Hub (2nd Gen) features; such as music and video playback, as well as alarm function.
- Sleep Sensing: Sleep Sensing helps you sleep better by tracking your sleep and giving you personalized insights and tips, so you wake up well rested and refreshed. It tracks when you go to bed, when you wake up, and how long you've slept. Sleep Sensing uses both, the built-in motion sensor and micriphones to monitor motion and sound during your sleep. There is nothing to wear or remember to charge.
Note: The Google Next uses a built-in motion sensor for Quick Gestures and Sleep Sensing. It does not feature a built-in camera.
Wireless Network Connection: The Google Nest Hub (2nd Gen) is equipped with built-in WiFi for a wireless connection to your home's wireless router and network. It uses dual band (2.4GHz/5Ghz) WiFi (802.11b/g/n/ac) for high-performance streaming. WPA2-Enterprise is not supported and there is no hardwired Ethernet network connection.
- Google Home App: Use the Google Home App (for Apple iOS 12.0+ and Android OS 6.0+) to connect the Google Nest Hub (2nd Gen) to your home's wireless WiFi network from your Apple iOS or Android device. You also get to configure compatible apps within the Google Home App, plus adjust various settings.
- Guest Mode: Guest mode makes it easier for your friends to cast their favorite media to your Google Nest Hub (2nd Gen) from an Android or Apple iOS device without connecting to your WiFi network. As the host, you can keep your password private. Guests can cast from their Android or Apple iOS device as long as they are in the same room as the Google Nest Hub (2nd Gen).
Hands-Free Calling: The Google Nest Hub (2nd Gen) supports hands-free calling, so you can call friends, family, and businesses using just your voice. Call your own personal contacts or millions of businesses thanks to Google's extensive business listings. You can also call a number by speaking it aloud.
Note: Google does not record any of the phone conversation. Answering incoming calls and calls to emergency services are not supported.
Home Entertainment: Stream audio from 100+ Chromecast-enabled apps (including music, radio, podcasts, news, weather & sports). You can also playback music libraries stored on your computer using the Chrome web browser or your Android OS device. You can even setup up a multiroom audio system with multiple Chromecast enabled devices. In addition, your voice can be used to control any Chromecast enabled speaker, receiver, or TV on your network.
- Music, Radio, & Podcasts: Play music from popular music services by artist, song, genre, album playlist, mood, or activity. You can also listen to your favorite internet radio station. Compatible music and internet radio apps include Apple Music, Tidal, Spotify, Pandora, TuneIn, GooglePlay Music, YouTube Music, iHeart Radio, and more (subscriptions and fees will apply). You can also listen to your favorite podcasts and shows from anywhere in your home, using only your voice. Currently, you can't request podcasts from partner podcast players, like Spotify, Google Play Music, and TuneIn. By playing music from a Chrome browser tab, you can even mirror what's playing on your computer screen onto the Google Nest Hub (2nd Gen). In addition, you can stream your favorite music, playlists, podcasts, and more that are stored on your Android (OS 5.0+) device to the Google Nest Hub (2nd Gen) (This is also known as "mirroring"). You cannot stream stored content on an Apple iOS device.
- Multiroom Audio: Multiple Google Nest devices can be grouped together to enjoy the same song in every room. Group any combination of Google Nest, Chromecast Audio or Speaker with Chromecast built-in together for synchronous music throughout your home. Your favorite music and audio from Chromecast-enabled apps are instantly available to stream. Multi-room sync with video devices isn't currently supported.
- Movies, TV, and Photos: Because the Google Nest Hub (2nd Gen) has a built-in touchscreen display monitor, you can use it to watch videos and view photos. Use the Google Next Hub to control and watch Netflix, Disney+, Hulu, YouTube TV, SlingTV, and more. In addition, you can enjoy a slideshow of your personal photos from your Google Photos library. Subscriptions and fees will apply.
- AV Component Control: Using only your voice, you can initiate and control audio to any powered speaker, receiver, or TV with Chromecast, Chromecast Audio, or Chromecast built-in. You'll have access to Play, Pause, Skip, & Volume control of each compatible speaker. You can even use the Google Nest Hub (2nd Gen) to control select online entertainment content on your TV with Chromecast or Chromecast built-in.
- News, Weather & Sports: Get the latest news and weather from sources you trust. With the Google Nest Hub (2nd Gen), you can listen to top headlines, get the latest on a certain category of news (like world, weather, business, tech, etc.), or ask about a specific news item. With the Google Nest Hub (2nd Gen), you can even stay up-to-date on your favorite sports, teams, and games using your voice.
Note: Paid subscriptions and fees will apply for many online music and video services.
Smart Home Automation: You'll be able to control smart devices around your home via voice or app commands. Google Nest compatible smart home automation partners include Philips Hue, Samsung SmartThings, Belkin Wemo, Nest, Honeywell, and more. You can even create your own voice commands for the Google Assistant on your Apple iOS or Android device using IFTTT (If This, Then That).
- Doorbells & Cameras: Use the unit's built-in 10" touchscreen display to show you who is on camera or at the door when connected to smart home cameras and doorbell systems (including Nest & Ring).
- Light Control: With Philips Hue or lights connected to Samsung SmartThings, you can use your voice to control the lights around your house without touching a switch (Philips Hue Scenes are not supported).
- Smart Plugs & Switch Control: You can also use your voice to control Belkin Wemo plugs or switches and plugs or switches connected to SmartThings using just your voice and the Google Assistant.
- Thermostat Control: You can use your voice with the Google Assistant to control the temperature in your home, switch between heating and cooling modes, and more (compatible thermostats include the Nest Thermostat, the Honeywell thermostat, or select thermostats connected to Samsung SmartThings).
Manage Tasks & Plan Your Day: Start your day the right way with the Google Nest Hub (2nd Gen). Wake up to hear and view the information you need without going online or opening your calendar. Also, set alarms and timers for things you need to do.
- Calendar & Event Information: Use the Google Nest Hub (2nd Gen) and Google Calendar to get information about an event or get your schedule for the day from Google Calendar - using only your voice. Currently, you will only hear and see events from the main calendar associated with the Google Account used to set up Google Nest. You can't add events to your Google Calendar using your voice. You can even use Google Assistant and Gmail to get status updates on your upcoming flights.
- Traffic, Commute, & Flight Information: With the Google Nest Hub (2nd Gen), you can always get to work on time by hearing and seeing information about your commute, traffic conditions, and your estimated time of arrival. You can even call a car to come pick you up with Uber.
- Weather Forecast Information: With the Google Nest Hub (2nd Gen), you can listen to and see the current weather and upcoming forecast for your location using only your voice.
- Local Business & Shopping Info: With Google Assistant, you can search for local places and ask for important information, like hours of operation or addresses. Order everyday essentials & add items to your shopping list with your Google Assistant on the Google Nest Hub (2nd Gen).
- Alarms & Timers: Set, check, cancel, stop, and snooze multiple recurring alarms. Never run late or miss a flight or meeting. You can set and manage alarms with just your voice. Set and manage a timer for cooking, game time, laundry and to track other activities using the timer on the Google Nest Hub (2nd Gen). It's great for the kitchen, but can be used in the living room, bedroom, and more. Set, pause, check, resume, and cancel timers.
Answers & Games: The Google Nest Hub (2nd Gen)'s built-in Google Assistant helps you find answers for many of your daily questions through the Google search engine - including calculations, translations, unit conversions, nutrition, dictionary, finances, facts, and more. You can even lighten up your day or test your trivia smarts with jokes, trivia, games, and other fun on the Google Nest Hub (2nd Gen).
Built-In Bluetooth: The Google Nest Hub (2nd Gen) offers built-in Bluetooth and acts as a receiver or transmitter. Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) support provides audio streaming from your Bluetooth source device to the Google Nest Hub (2nd Gen), or from the Google Nest Hub (2nd Gen) to a Bluetooth-enabled speaker or headphone.
AC Power Adapter: The Google Nest Hub (2nd Gen) voice-activated speaker comes with an external AC power adapter which needs to be plugged into an AC wall outlet or surge protector (sold separately).