About the Google Home Hub
Your visual Google Assistant
Your visual Google Assistant
What could be more convenient asking "Okay, Google, what's the weather?" and hearing the response? How about seeing the response. The Google Home Hub's built-in 7” touchscreen can do that and more.
It can show you time, temperature, and news updates. Enjoy YouTube® videos and slideshows from your Google Photos account. See album art, song, and artist info as the music plays. Check information from your connected smart home devices — and control them. And you can do it all with either your voice or the touchscreen.
A compact control center
The Google Home Hub has built-in far-field microphones that can be keyed to as many as six different voices for commands. It connects to your network via Wi-Fi®, and plugs into an AC outlet for power.
Sync the device to your Google calendar to receive reminders and schedules. It can link with other Google Assistant products and devices with Google Chromecast built-in to create a wireless multi-room audio system.
Control compatible smart devices
The Google Home Hub can control compatible smart home devices from WeMo, Philips Hue, Samsung SmartThings, Nest, and more. Setup is done through the free Google Home app on your Android™ or Apple® device. You can control your devices either through voice or touchscreen commands.
- hands-free help from the Google Assistant
- stream music, get answers from Google, and control compatible smart devices with your voice
- use the phrase "Okay Google" or "Hey Google" to start a voice-activated command
- voice-activated Wi-Fi-enabled powered speaker
7" LCD touchscreen:
- displays information such as time, weather, and reminders
- displays information in response to inquiries, such as business websites, directions, etc.
- shows album art, song, and artist info for compatible streaming music services
- shows images from Google Photos and Google image searches
- plays videos from YouTube and other compatible sources
- readouts and touchscreen control for connected Smart Home devices
Google Assistant functions:
- "Voice Match" recognizes up to six different voices for personalized answers
- each person can sync their Google account, contacts, calendar to their voice
- wirelessly stream from Spotify®, Pandora®, YouTube® Music, Google Music, and other online music services
- multiple Google Home devices can be grouped together so you can play the same song in every room
- control audio gear with Chromecast built-in by voice or touchscreen
- hands-free audio-only calls to businesses and your phone contacts
- stay in the know about weather, traffic, finance, sports, and more
- set alarms, start timers, and add items to your shopping list
General info and specs:
- far-field microphones and natural language processing ensure reliable voice recognition
- switch on back to turn off microphones
- dual-band 802.11ac Wi-Fi delivers fast, reliable wireless streaming
- AC power
- 7-1/16"W x 4-5/8"H x 2-5/8"D
- weight: 1.05 lbs.
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # GA00515-US
What's in the box:
- Voice activated speaker w/ built-in video screen
- AC power adapter (w/ attached 58" DC cor)
- "Let's get started" card
- "Safety + Warranty sheet
More details on the Google Home Hub
Google Home Hub: The Google Home Hub is a voice-activated smart speaker that is powered by Google's digital assistant and features a built-in 7" touchscreen display and front-camera. Ask it questions or tell it to do things and the Google Home Hub will answer and display your requests. It's your own personal Google assistance that is always ready to help. Thanks to Google's rich history in search, the Google Home Hub is ready for your questions. Get real-time answers including the latest on weather, traffic, finance, sports, local businesses and more.
- Built-in Microphones & Speaker: Two far-field microphones and industry-leading natural language processing ensure Google Home Hub hears you reliably. Say your commands and ask your questions form across the room and the Google Home Hub will respond. There is a manual switch to turn off the microphone for a higher level of privacy and security; the unit will not react to any voice keywords unless you turn the microphone back on. A built-in full-range speaker provides audible responses and playback to your voice commands, requests and questions.
- Touchscreen Display & Front Camera: The integrated 7" touchscreen display lets you see more of the information and content you want and need. Watch the news and see weather reports, enjoy YouTube and other online video content, as well as look at your Google Photos on the 7" touchscreen display. You also get to enjoy song/artist information and album art while playing music. The touchscreen display has an auto brightness feature or you can manually adjust the brightness level. The touchscreen interface works like your smartphone or tablet with simple finger swipes and taps. The built-in front-facing camera lets you enjoy live video chats with friends & family that use the Google Duo App (for Apple iOS & Android). There is a manual switch to turn off the camera for a higher level of privacy and security.
Note: Up to six people can connect their Google account to one Google Home Hub. So when you ask the Google Assistant for help, it can distinguish your voice from your spouse or kids, and you'll be able to hear your own personal playlists, your own commute time, your own schedule and more.
Wireless Network Connection: The Google Home Hub is equipped with built-in WiFi for a wireless connection to your home's wireless router and network. It uses dual band (2.4GHz/5Ghz) WiFi (802.11b/g/n/ac) for high-performance streaming. WPA2-Enterprise is not supported and there is no hardwired Ethernet network connection.
- Google Home App: Use the Google Home App (for Apple iOS 10.0+ and Android OS 5.0+) to connect the Google Home Hub to your home's wireless WiFi network from your Apple iOS or Android device. You also get to configure compatible apps within the Google Home App, plus adjust various settings.
- Guest Mode: Guest mode makes it easier for your friends to cast their favorite media to your Google Home Hub from an Android or Apple iOS device without connecting to your WiFi network. As the host, you can keep your password private. Guests can cast from their Android or Apple iOS device as long as they are in the same room as the Google Home Hub.
Hands-Free Calling with Video Chat: The Google Home Hub supports hands-free calling, so you can call friends, family, and businesses using just your voice. Call your own personal contacts or millions of businesses thanks to Google's extensive business listings. You can also call a number by speaking it aloud. And thanks to the Google Home Hub's built-in 7" touchscreen display you can even video chat with Google Duo App users. Google does not record any of the phone conversation. Answering incoming calls and calls to emergency services are not supported.
Home Entertainment: Stream audio from 100+ Chromecast-enabled apps (including music, radio, podcasts, news, weather & sports). You can also playback music libraries stored on your computer using the Chrome web browser or your Android OS device. You can even setup up a multiroom audio system with multiple Chromecast enabled devices. In addition, your voice can be used to control any Chromecast enabled speaker, receiver, or TV on your network.
- Music, Radio, & Podcasts: Play music from popular music services by artist, song, genre, album playlist, mood, or activity. You can also listen to your favorite internet radio station. Compatible music and internet radio apps include Tidal, Spotify, Pandora, TuneIn, GooglePlay Music, YouTube Music, iHeart Radio (subscriptions and fees will apply). You can also listen to your favorite podcasts and shows from anywhere in your home, using only your voice. Currently, you can't request podcasts from partner podcast players, like Spotify, Google Play Music, and TuneIn. By playing music from a Chrome browser tab, you can even mirror what's playing on your computer screen onto the Google Home Hub. In addition, you can stream your favorite music, playlists, podcasts, and more that are stored on your Android (OS 5.0+) device to the Google Home Hub This is also known as "mirroring". You cannot stream stored content on an Apple iOS device.
- Multiroom Audio: Multiple Google Home devices can be grouped together to enjoy the same song in every room. Group any combination of Google Home, Chromecast Audio or Speaker with Chromecast built-in together for synchronous music throughout your home. Your favorite music and audio from Chromecast-enabled apps are instantly available to stream. Multi-room sync with video devices isn't currently supported.
- Speaker, Receiver, & TV Control: Using only your voice, you can initiate and control audio to any powered speaker, receiver, or TV with Chromecast, Chromecast Audio, or Chromecast built-in. You'll have access to Play, Pause, Skip, & Volume control of each compatible speaker. You can even use the Google Home Hub to control your TV with Chromecast or Chromecast built-in. You can initiate and control YouTube videos, as well as select TV shows and movies from Netflix with simply using your voice. In addition, you can enjoy a slideshow of your personal photos from your Google Photos library.
- News, Weather & Sports: Get the latest news and weather from sources you trust. With the Google Home Hub, you can listen to top headlines, get the latest on a certain category of news (like world, weather, business, tech, etc.), or ask about a specific news item. With the Google Home Hub, you can even stay up-to-date on your favorite sports, teams, and games using your voice.
- Some music providers, like Spotify and YouTube Music, require a subscription to play music from its Chromecast-enabled app. Also, you must cast from the YouTube Music app, not the YouTube app.
- You can block explicit music and video content from YouTube, Google Play Music, and other music/radio services from playing on Google Home Hub and linked devices.
Smart Home Automation: You'll be able to control smart devices around your home via voice or app commands. Google Home compatible smart home automation partners include Philips Hue, Samsung SmartThings, Belkin Wemo, Nest, Honeywell, and more. You can even create your own voice commands for the Google Assistant on your Apple iOS or Android device using IFTTT (If This, Then That).
- Doorbells & Cameras: Use the unit's built-in 7" touchscreen display to show you who is on camera or at the door when connected to smart home cameras and doorbell systems (including Nest & Ring).
- Light Control: With Philips Hue or lights connected to Samsung SmartThings, you can use your voice to control the lights around your house without touching a switch (Philips Hue Scenes are not supported).
- Smart Plugs & Switch Control: You can also use your voice to control Belkin Wemo plugs or switches and plugs or switches connected to SmartThings using just your voice and the Google Assistant.
- Thermostat Control: You can use your voice with the Google Assistant to control the temperature in your home, switch between heating and cooling modes, and more (compatible thermostats include the Nest Thermostat, the Honeywell thermostat, or select thermostats connected to Samsung SmartThings).
Manage Tasks & Plan Your Day: Start your day the right way with the Google Home Hub. Wake up to hear and view the information you need without going online or opening your calendar. Also, set alarms and timers for things you need to do.
- Calendar & Event Information: Use the Google Home Hub and Google Calendar to get information about an event or get your schedule for the day from Google Calendar - using only your voice. Currently, you will only hear and see events from the main calendar associated with the Google Account used to set up Google Home. You can't add events to your Google Calendar using your voice. You can even use Google Assistant and Gmail to get status updates on your upcoming flights.
- Traffic, Commute, & Flight Information: With the Google Home Hub, you can always get to work on time by hearing and seeing information about your commute, traffic conditions, and your estimated time of arrival. You can even call a car to come pick you up with Uber.
- Weather Forecast Information: With the Google Home Hub, you can listen to and see the current weather and upcoming forecast for your location using only your voice.
- Local Business & Shopping Info: With Google Assistant, you can search for local places and ask for important information, like hours of operation or addresses. Order everyday essentials & add items to your shopping list with your Google Assistant on the Google Home Hub.
- Alarms & Timers: Set, check, cancel, stop, and snooze multiple recurring alarms. Never run late or miss a flight or meeting. You can set and manage alarms with just your voice. Set and manage a timer for cooking, game time, laundry and to track other activities using the timer on the Google Home Hub. It's great for the kitchen, but can be used in the living room, bedroom, and more. Set, pause, check, resume, and cancel timers.
Answers & Games: The Google Home Hub's built-in Google Assistant helps you find answers for many of your daily questions through the Google search engine - including calculations, translations, unit conversions, nutrition, dictionary, finances, facts, and more. You can even lighten up your day or test your trivia smarts with jokes, trivia, games, and other fun on the Google Home Hub.
Built-In Bluetooth: The Google Home Hub offers built-in Bluetooth and acts as a receiver or transmitter. Advanced Audio Distribution Profile (A2DP) support provides audio streaming from your Bluetooth source device to the Google Home Hub, or from the Google Home Hub to a Bluetooth-enabled speaker or headphone.
AC Power Adapter: The Google Home Hub voice-activated speaker comes with an external AC power adapter which needs to be plugged into an AC wall outlet or surge protector (sold separately).
Q Crutchfield asked: Why did you buy this?