Da-Lite Parallax Thin 29168
Fixed-frame projector screen with ultra-thin frame, black fabric (120")
Our take on the Da-Lite Parallax Thin 29168 by Crutchfield's Steve Kindig
With its thin frame, the Parallax Thin screen looks like a flat-screen TV on your wall.
Parallax screens bring home theater out of the "dark ages"
Da-lite's Parallax is an advanced ambient light rejecting (ALR) surface designed for home theaters and pro A/V setups. The screen material's micro-layered optical lens system absorbs and rejects ambient room light. You no longer need a darkened room to enjoy big, beautiful, glare-free images. The black surface enhances picture contrast and black levels.
Looks like a TV when you're using it — and when you're not
Each layer of Parallax plays a specific role in preserving the image that is reflected back to viewers in high ambient light environments. Some layers absorb light while one special layer has a microscopic sawtooth pattern that blocks light from above, ensuring high-contrast, bright images even in brightly lit rooms. When you're not watching, the thin frame combined with the dark surface makes this screen look like a flat-screen TV hanging on the wall.
The Parallax material rejects 70% of a room's ambient light, compared to less than 10% rejection using a standard white or gray screen. And unlike other ambient light rejecting screens, Parallax provides an ultra-wide 170-degree viewing range, so you'll see full brightness from almost anywhere in the room.
If you're thinking about making the jump to a 4K projector, like one of Sony's SXRD models, a Parallax screen is an ideal match. This material is actually rated for 8K video, so if and when 8K projectors and content arrive someday, you'll be ready.
Thin-frame design, ready to mount
Parallax Thin screens feature an ultra-thin 3/8"-wide aluminum frame. This screen ships fully assembled.
- 120" diagonal image size (16:9 viewing area)
- viewing area: 104-1/2"W x 59"H
- designed for use with HD and 4K projectors
- black material with screen gain of 0.8
- rejects 70% of ambient room light so it produces a vivid picture even with some lights on
- Textureless surface is rated for 4K and 8K projection
- optimal viewing angle range is 85° half-angle, 170° total
- Thin frame is 3/8"W x 1"D
- screen ships fully assembled and ready to mount
- overall dimensions: 105-1/4"W x 59-3/4"H
- made in USA
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee