Da-Lite Cinema Contour 38406V
Fixed-frame projector screen with HD Progressive gray fabric (119")
Our take on the Da-Lite Cinema Contour 38406V by Crutchfield's Steve Kindig
A versatile surface from the original screen specialist
Da-Lite has been making projector screens since the dawn of the motion picture era — all the way back to 1909! Their Cinema Contour series is a high-quality, 4K-compatible fixed-frame screen. The gray surface has some ambient light rejecting (ALR) properties, so this screen works well if you want or need to keep some lights on while watching.
Da-Lite's HD Progressive 0.6 surface is ideal for use with high-output projectors, or situations where projector brightness and/or screen size requires a low-gain surface. Whether your room is brightly or dimly lit, this screen's gray surface does a great job of preserving image contrast.
This proven material provides an ultra-wide 170-degree viewing range, so you'll see full brightness from almost anywhere in the room. Although Da-Lite still calls this material "HD," its textureless surface is well-suited to 4K projectors too, like Sony's SXRD models.
The sturdy 3" aluminum frame has a 45° cut that gives it a striking look. You attach the screen material to the frame using the supplied snaps, which stretches the screen flat to provide a smooth, uniform surface for the projected image. Da-Lite's Pro-Trim black fabric covers the frame, concealing projector overshoot and boosting visual punch.
This screen ships unassembled, and can be put together using basic hand tools.
- 119" diagonal image size (16:9 viewing area)
- viewing area: 104"W x 58"H
- designed for use with HD and 4K projectors
- gray HD Progressive surface with screen gain of 0.6
- rejects 53% of ambient room light so it produces a crisp picture even with some lights on
- optimal viewing angle range is 85° half-angle, 170° total
- Pro-Trim® frame is 3"W x 2"D; wrapped with anti-reflective black velvet
- vinyl screen material is durable and easy to clean
- screen ships unassembled; requires basic hand tools to put together
- overall dimensions: 110"W x 64"H
- made in USA
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee