About the Pentax D-BG4 Battery Grip
The D-BG4 battery grip provides stability, convenience and extra power for the Pentax K5 and K7 digital SLRs. Shoot a few hours more, knowing the D-BG4 can provide extra power with either a second lithium-ion battery or AA batteries. There's also a vertical shutter release button, depth-of-field preview switch, front and rear e-dials, and buttons for exposure lock and autofocus, as well as a "green" button (for custom, instantaneous exposure modification in manual mode), and ISO button. Weather seals protect the battery from harm.
- lets you comfortably hold camera upright for portraits
- ideal for photographers with larger hands and those shooting with heavier, professional or telephoto lenses
- compatible with Pentax K5 camera
- camera grip holds optional D-Li90 lithium-ion battery or optional "AA" batteries
- controls include depth-of-field preview switch, vertical shutter release button, front and rear e-dials, buttons for exposure lock and autofocus, green button and ISO button
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 39846
What's in the box:
- D-BG4 battery grip for K-5 camera (with plastic terminal cover installed)
- Tray for AA batteries (installed in grip)
- Tray for D-LI90 battery
- Operating Manual
- Notification of Change of Company Name sheet
- Pentax Worldwide Service Network sheet
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Pentax D-BG4 Battery Grip
Overview: The Pentax D-BG4 battery grip is an accessory for the K-5 and K-7 digital SLR cameras. It attaches to the bottom of the camera, and holds an additional Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery pack or six "AA" batteries. The grip also has a vertical release button and other controls for shooting vertically. Batteries are not included with the grip. When installed, the D-BG4 adds approximately 1-5/8" to the height of the camera.
Battery Trays: The D-BG4 comes with two battery trays: one to accommodate a D-LI90 Lithium-ion rechargeable battery, and the other for six "AA" batteries. You can insert Nickel-Metal Hydride (Ni-MH) rechargeables, Alkaline, or Lithium batteries. In the camera menu, you can select the type of batteries being used, or allow the camera to auto-detect the type. You can also give priority to the battery in the camera body, to the battery in the grip, or allow the camera to give priority to the battery with the most remaining power. The Lithium-Ion tray has a slot for storing a spare SD memory card, if desired.
Controls: The battery grip is equipped with several controls, conveniently placed for use when the camera is in the vertical (portrait) orientation. The controls include a shutter release button, On/Off switch, front e-dial, rear e-dial, ISO button, AF button, a "Green" button, AE-L and a +/- button. On the bottom, a standard 1/4" tripod socket is provided, since the camera's tripod socket is used to install the battery grip.
Weather Sealed: Like the K-5 camera, the D-BG4 is designed for use in damp and dusty environments. The buttons, body joints, and retractable parts are dust-proof and water resistant.