About the SunBriteTV SB-3211HD-SL
The best outdoor HDTV under the sun
The best outdoor HDTV under the sun
SunBriteTV's Pro Series weatherproof TVs take outdoor viewing to the next level. Extended Solar Tolerance (EST) technology allows the TV to be viewed in direct sunlight. An anti-glare tempered-glass shield in front protects the TV screen from potential damage. That's especially important if the TV is near a backyard play area where an errant volleyball or Frisbee® could smack the screen.
Designed to live outdoors year-round, the 32" SB-3211HD is a perfect addition to your outdoor kitchen or patio, deck, yard, or other outdoor living area. The bright LED-lit panel delivers brilliant, colorful images — whether you're watching in afternoon sunlight or silvery moonlight. The notion of leaving a TV out in the elements takes some getting used to, but this TV is incredibly rugged.
How rugged is it?
This TV's powder-coated aluminum exterior resists heat, cold, and moisture. A multi-fan airflow system keeps the unit cool and dry in temperatures up to 122°F, and this TV will keep performing flawlessly even when the temperature dips to -40°F. In the world of outdoor TVs, SunBriteTV is known for providing both quality and value. Every one of their TVs is designed, engineered and built in California.
You'll find two HDMI inputs for high-def sources like a Blu-ray player and a cable or satellite TV box. There's a standard PC input for your computer, too (great for streamed video or sharing vacation slideshows). A detachable all-weather speaker bar is included, and you can attach it either above or below the TV screen. SunBriteTV really thought of everything — even the remote control is weatherproof.
To watch HD video sources on your outdoor TV without running cables, check out SunBriteTV's weatherproof wireless HD system.
- exterior designed to protect internal components from rain, snow, dust, insects, humidity, and salt air
- powder-coated rust-proof aluminum exterior for strength and durability
- heat dispersion system keeps the unit cool and dry in temperatures up to 122 degrees F
- designed to operate in cold weather (-40 degrees F)
- water-tight cable entry system seals out moisture and allows for easy hookup
- rear IR receiver (located in the cable-entry compartment)
- weatherproof remote control
- weatherproof detachable speaker bar (10 watts x 2)
- 31.5" screen (measured diagonally)
- HDTV with 1080p screen resolution (1920 x 1080 pixels)
- Ultra-Bright 1000-nit screen provides consistent accurate color even in direct sunlight
- edge-lit LED backlight
- anti-glare tempered-glass shield helps protect screen from impact
- 60Hz screen refresh rate
Video Source Compatibility:
- tuner receives over-the-air HDTV broadcasts (antenna required)
- Clear QAM tuner decodes unencrypted digital cable signals up to 1080i without a set-top box (subscription required to receive cable channels)
- 2 HDMI 1.4
- 2 component video
- 1 composite/S-video
- PC input
- RF input for antenna/cable signals
- coaxial digital audio output
- 3.5mm stereo minijack input for use with the PC input
- 3.5mm stereo minijack output for connecting a sound bar or stereo system
- RS232 serial control (located in the cable-entry compartment)
- includes weather-resistant detachable speaker module (10 watts x 2)
- made in USA
- dimensions: 31-1/8"W x 18-7/8"H x 5-7/16"D (21-7/8"H with speaker bar)
- weight: 45 lbs. (with speaker bar)
- this TV does not come with a pedestal stand; matching SunBriteTV SB-TS-P-32A-SL all-weather stand is sold separately
- wall-mountable (bracket not included, see Accessories)
- VESA mounting hole pattern: 100mm x 100mm
- warranty: 2 years parts & labor for residential use
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SB-3211HD-SL
What's in the box:
- 32" Outdoor TV
- Speaker module
- Remote control
- Operator's Manual
EnergyGuide:View EnergyGuide label
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the SunBriteTV SB-3211HD-SL
Features & specs
Ultra-Bright Outdoor HDTV: The Ultra-Bright (1,000 nit), 32" 1080p Full HD LED screen delivers consistent, accurate color even in direct sunlight. Indoor TVs are designed for lower indoor brightness levels and often feature a high-gloss finish, which can make for a poor outdoor viewing experience. SunBriteTV Pro Series TVs have high temperature tolerant, ultra-bright, professional-grade anti-reflective screens to deliver clear images in brighter outdoor lighting conditions.
- Resilient Exterior: Made for permanent outdoor installation, the elements have nothing on the durability of this TV. Outdoor safe, water resistant, and resilientâ?"a powder coated aluminum exterior protects against rust while shielding the internal components from rain, snow, dust, insects, humidity, and salt air.
- Extreme Temperature Functionality: A built-in heating and cooling system allows SunBriteTV Pro Series TVs to operate efficiently in extremely low and high temperature environments (-40 degrees F up to 122 degrees F).
- For Full Sun & Active Areas: SunBriteTV Pro Series TVs are designed for full sun or active areas. Enjoy the big game even on the sunniest of days. This device is direct sunlight readable, featuring high-temperature resistant Enhanced Solar Tolerance (EST) technology to help guard against isotropic blackout; those annoying dark spots that could appear over the screen when it faces the sun. A tempered glass shield protects the LED screen in active environments.
HDTV Tuner: The SunBrite TV Pro SEries TV has built-in over-the-air HDTV (ATSC) and Digital Cable (QAM) tuner, so you don't need a separate set-top box to receive and decode over-the-air HDTV/SDTV or unencrypted Digital Cable signals.
Video Inputs: The SunBriteTV outdoor Pro-series television is equipped with high-definition (HDMI/Component) and standard-definition (Composite/S-video) video inputs.
- HDMI: The two HDMI inputs will accept 1080i/p, 720p, and 480i/p video signals.
- Component Video: The two component videos input will accept 1080i, 720p, and 480i/p signals.
- Composite Video: The TV is also equipped with a composite video inputÂ (480i only).
- S-Video: In addition, the TV is equipped with an S-video input (480i only).
Note: The TV's composite and S-video in put share the same stereo audio input.
PC Compatible: A 15-pin D-sub VGA jack allows you to connect your personal computer to the display. There is also a corresponding stereo minijack (3.5mm) for the computer's audio signal. The PC input can accept up to a 1920 x 1080 signal. The TV's HDMI inputs can also be used to connect your computer.
USB-A Input: Using the USB-A input on the rear-panel of the TV, you can access material stored on a USB MSC device, such as a USB thumbdrive. The material can be MP3 or WAV music files, or JPEG or BMP pictures.
Picture Menu: The Picture Menu lets our adjust the picture settings for all of the television inputs.
- Picture Mode: Standard, Dynamic, Theater, or Custom
- Picture Adjustments: Contrast, Brightness, Sharpness, Tint, Color
- Advanced Picture Settings: Color Temperature (Normal/Warm/Cool), Zoom Mode (16:9/4:3/Full/Zoom), 3D Nosie Reduction (Weak/Middle/Strong/Off), Backlight (Min-Max).
- Auto Brightness & Contrast: Dynamic Light Control automatically optimizes brightness and contrast for the program you're watching. The Ambient Light Sensor automatically adjusts the TV's backlight level based on the ambient lighting around the TV.
Soundbar Speaker: The SunBriteTV outdoor Pro-series television comes with a water-resistant, detachable speaker module that is rated at 10 watts x 2 channels.
Audio Outputs: The SunBriteTV outdoor Pro-series television offers analog and digital audio outputs. It features an analog 3.5mm stereo output and a digital coaxial output to connect an AV receiver or soundbar system. The digital coaxial output supports both bitstream and PCM audio signals. The analog 3.5mm output can be used to connect a speaker system or a wired headphone.
Audio Menu: The Audio Menu allows you to adjust the TV's 5-Band EQ (120/500/1.5k/5k/10k Hz) and Surround Sound (On/Off). You can also set the TV to power on to the same volume level each time.
User-Friendly Remote Control: The weatherproof remote puts the power in your hands, while a remote lockout feature prevents unauthorized users from changing programming. A rear IR receiver located in the cable compartment keeps IR emitter hidden and protected. Built-in RS232 Serial Control with discreet On/Off and Input allows for easy control integration.
Note: When programming a universal remote control, you may find that the SunBriteTV may not be on the list of TV manufacturers. If that is the case, the SunBriteTV will support Sony TV universal remote codes.
Mounting & Placement Options: The SunBriteTV outdoor Pro-series television does not include a tabletop stand. It is designed to be mounted to an exterior wall using a SunBrite wall-mount bracket (sold separatey - see Accessories Tab). It has a VESA mounting pattern of 100mm x 100mm or 200mm x 100mm
- The TV must be installed at least 5 feet from pool, spa, or other body of water.
- The TV should be installed so the screen is not facing direct sunlight, or can be easily turned away from direct sunlight.
- Ideal placement is in an area where the TV is shaded by trees, landscape and/or structures, or under a patio cover or gazebo.
Note: If the sun shines directly on the screen for long periods of time, dark areas may develop on the screen. This is a normal reaction for the LCD panel, and will not cause damage to the screen. Either turn the screen away from the sun, or apply shade to the TV, and the dark areas will quickly disappear.
Weatherproof Cable Entry System: Cable hookups are easy with SunBriteTV's weatherproof cable entry system. Thick gaskets form a compression seal around cables, and the media compartment can accommodate many types of media players and baluns. Media bay power port provides on-demand power without the need for external cords (email@example.com/12v@3amps). It features an attached 8' AC power cord.
Timers: The outdoor LCD TV features a power saving mode which will automatically turn off the TV if there is no signal provided for more than 15 minutes. You can set the unit's Sleep Timer to automatically turn off the TV after 5, 10, 150, 30, 60, 90, 120, 180, or 240 minutes. In addition, the TV has a Wake Up Timer that automatically turns on the TV a specific time.