About the SunBriteTV SB-P2-55-4K-BL
The toughest outdoor TV under the sun
The toughest outdoor TV under the sun
SunBriteTV's Pro 2 Series TVs can handle brutal weather, and their super-bright screens produce a vibrant picture even when viewed in direct sunlight. Its anti-reflective tempered glass shield protects the TV screen from potential damage. That's especially important if the TV is near a play area, such as a pool, where an errant volleyball or Frisbee® could smack the screen.
Designed to live outdoors year-round, the 55" SB-P2-55-4K is a perfect addition to your patio, deck, yard, or other outdoor living area. The bright LED-lit panel delivers brilliant, colorful images — whether you're watching in afternoon sunlight or silvery moonlight. The notion of leaving a TV out in the elements takes some getting used to, but this TV is incredibly rugged.
They thought of everything
This TV's powder-coated aluminum exterior resists heat, cold, and moisture. A multi-fan airflow system keeps the unit cool and dry in temperatures up to 122°F, and this TV will keep performing flawlessly even when the temperature dips to -24°F. In the world of outdoor TVs, SunBriteTV is known for providing both quality and value. Every one of their TVs is designed, engineered, and built in California.
You'll find two HDMI inputs for sources like a Blu-ray player, cable or satellite TV box, or media streamer. There's a standard PC input for your computer, too (great for sharing vacation slideshows). There are no built-in speakers, but there is a built-in amplifier for powering SunBriteTV's detachable all-weather speaker bar (sold separately). These guys really thought of everything — even the remote control is weatherproof!
- exterior designed to protect internal components from rain, snow, dust, insects, humidity, and salt air
- powder-coated rust-proof aluminum exterior for strength and durability
- heat dispersion system keeps the unit cool and dry in temperatures up to 122°F
- designed to operate in cold weather (-24°)
- anti-glare tempered-glass shield helps protect screen from impact
- water-tight media bay seals out moisture and allows for easy hookup
- rear IR receiver (located in the media bay)
- weatherproof remote control
- 55" screen (measured diagonally)
- 4K screen resolution (3840 x 2160 pixels)
- High Dynamic Range (HDR10) for extended picture contrast and brightness with HDR sources
- commercial-grade UHD high-brightness 1000-nit screen with TruVision™ anti-glare technology produces a crisp picture even in the brightest outdoor conditions
- edge-lit LED backlight
- 60Hz screen refresh rate
- pre-configured OptiView™ Day and Night modes optimize picture quality settings with a single touch
Video Source Compatibility:
- tuner receives over-the-air HDTV broadcasts (antenna required)
- Clear QAM tuner decodes unencrypted digital cable signals up to 1080i without a set-top box (subscription required to receive cable channels)
- 2 HDMI 2.0
- inputs are HDCP 2.2 compatible for connecting to copy-protected 4K video sources
- 1 component video (3.5mm A/V minijack — adapter cable required)
- 1 composite video
- RF input for antenna/cable signals
- PC input
- built-in HDBaseT receiver with RJ-45 connection accepts 4K/30Hz video, audio, and control signals over a single CAT5e/6 cable
- 1 USB port
- stereo RCA input for use with the composite or component video input
- 3.5mm stereo minijack input for use with the PC input
- Toslink optical digital audio output
- 3.5mm stereo minijack output for connecting headphones, a sound bar, or powered speakers
- RJ-45 Ethernet port for IP control
- 3.5mm IR remote control input
- 3.5mm RS-232 port for use with home automation control systems
- made in USA
- dimensions: 50-3/8"W x 29-1/2"H x 5-3/8"D
- weight: 99 lbs.
- TV does not come with a pedestal stand; matching all-weather stand is sold separately
- TV does not include built-in speakers
- wall-mountable (bracket not included, see Accessories)
- VESA mounting hole pattern: 400mm x 400mm
- warranty: 2 years parts & labor for residential or commercial use
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SB-P2-55-4K-BL
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the SunBriteTV SB-P2-55-4K-BL
Features & specs
Pro 2 Series Outdoor TV: The Pro 2 Series Direct Sun Outdoor LED-LCD TV is water-resistant, resilient, and durable. Its guaranteed to function safely and effectively in a wide variety of elements including rain, snow, extreme heat and cold, dust, salt air, and beyond. The Pro Series incorporates TruVision anti-glare technology that delivers a vivid picture even in direct sunlight and at multiple viewing angles. Plus, its direct sun readable EST technology helps guard against isotropic blackout. The TV's powder-coated aluminum exterior shields internal components, while a tempered glass shield protects the LED-LCD screen in active environments.
- Optimized Outdoor Picture: The Pro 2 Series' TruVision anti-glare display provides a vivid picture that is viewable from multiple angles even in direct sunlight; thanks to the extra bright 1000 NIT screen with 4K Ultra HD resolution and 4000:1 contrast ratio. The Pro 2 Series is up to 4x brighter than most indoor TVs to give you a rich, vibrant picture in bright outdoor environments. In addition, the TV employs high-temperature Enhanced Solar Tolerance (EST) technology to help guard against isotropic blackout (those annoying dark spots that could appear over the screen when it faces the sun).
- Outdoor Protection: The SunBrite TV's sensitive internal components are enclosed in powder-coated rust-proof aluminum exterior for protection from rain, snow, dust, insects, humidity, and salt air. A tempered glass shield protects the LED-LCD screen in direct sunlight environments. Plus, the innovative weather-tight cable entry system seals out moisture and allows for easy hook-ups. A temperature regulation system allows operation in low temperatures from -24°F and high temperatures up to 122°F (Storage temperature from -24°F up to 140°F).
Note: Indoor TV manufacturers specifically prohibit outdoor use. Installing a display that is independently certified safe for outdoor use helps protect homeowners from harm and installers from liability.
4K/HDR: The SunBrite Pro 2 Series Outdoor TV offers 4K UHD full High Dynamic Range (HDR) support. HDR offers a much wider color gamut than standard TVs, helping to represent colors more realistically. Pro 2's true HDR screen brings amazing contrast and vibrant colors to full-shade outdoor spaces. The Pro 2 Series is compatible with HDR 10 (does not support Dolby Vision or HLG).
Video Inputs: The The SunBriteTV Pro 2 Series Outdoor TV is equipped with two HDMI inputs, one component video input, and one composite video input. There is also a PC input (15-pin D-sub VGA jack).
- HDMI 2.0/HDCP 2.2: The TV is equipped with two HDMI 2.0/HDCP 2.2 inputs with support for today's latest 4K sources and streaming services. The HDMI inputs supports 4K/30Hz, 1080p/60Hz, 1080i, 720p, 720, 480p, and 480i video resolutions.
- Component & Composite: The TV is also equipped with one component and one composite video input. The component video input consists of a 3.5mm jack and supports 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 720, 480p, and 480i video resolutions. The composite video input consists of a RCA jack and only supports 480i video resolution.
- PC Input: A 15-pin D-sub VGA jack allows you to connect your personal computer to the display. There is also a corresponding stereo minijack (3.5mm) for the computer's audio signal. The PC input can accept up to a 1920 x 1080 signal. The TV's HDMI inputs can also be used to connect your computer.
HDBase-T: The Pro 2 Series 4K Ultra HD incorporates an HDBaseT receiver (based on the SnapAV Binary B-520-RX-320) for receiving up to 4K UHD resolution video and control over long distances. A front IR receiver is incorporated into the design to extend the IR via the HDBaseT Transmitter and Receiver installation. The IR repeater is dedicated to the integrated B-520-RX-320 and cannot be used with any other IR extender.
USB Input: Using the USB (type-A) input on the rear panel of the TV, you can access content stored on a USB thumbdrive The material can be MP3/WAV music files or JPEG/BMP pictures.
Built-In OTA Tuner: The Pro 2 Series SunBriteTV has built-in over-the-air TV (ATSC) and Digital Cable (QAM) tuners, so you don't need a separate set-top box to receive and decode over-the-air HDTV/SDTV or unencrypted Digital Cable signals. There is a single coaxial RF (f-type) connector to connect your antenna (sold separately).
Picture Settings: You can adjust the following Picture settings.
- Picture Mode: Select from Standard, Dynamic, OptiView Day, OptiView Night, PC, Auto and User. The User mode allows you to manually adjusts the TV's Contrast, Brightness, Color, Tint, and Sharpness. The Auto mode automatically adjusts the TV's brightness using its Ambient Light Sensor.
- Color Temperature: Select from Cool, Normal, or Warm.
- Aspect Ratio: Select 16:9 or 4:3.
- Noise Reduction: Select Off, Weak, Middle, Strong, or Auto.
- Dynamic Contrast: Turn Dynamic Contrast On or Off.
- Ultra Clear: Ultra Clear is a Motion Enhancement feature that can be turned On or Off.
ARC (Audio Return Channel): The Audio Return Channel of the TV's HDMI 2 input enables the television, via a single HDMI cable, to send audio data "upstream" to your AV receiver; increasing user flexibility and eliminating the need for any separate S/PDIF audio connection. This feature allows audio to be sent from the television to your AV receiver through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio/video to the television. This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to the TV. ARC allows audio from the TV tuner, Network connection, inserted USB device, HDMI inputs, or any analog connected device to be heard through your ARC compatible AV receiver via the television's HDMI ARC input.
- The audio from the TV's tuner, HDMI inputs, and USB port can pass as Dolby Digital or 2ch PCM.
- Analog connected devices will be output audio at 2ch PCM only.
Note: Both the television and the receiver must support ARC for this function to work properly. When connecting an AV receiver that is compatible with Audio Return Channel (ARC), connect it to the TV's HDMI 2 input. If connecting a system that is incompatible with Audio Return Channel (ARC), an additional audio connection via Digital Audio Out (Optical) is necessary.
Audio Outputs: The Pro 2 Series SunBriteTV is outfitted with a SPDIF digital output and analog output. The SPDIF digital output consists of a optical toslink jack with support for 2ch PCM or bitstream. The analog output consists of a stereo minijack (3.5mm) connector. The digital output is fixed, while the analog output is variable.
Sound Settings: You can adjust the following Sound settings.
- Sound Mode: Select from Standard, Music, Movie, Sports, or User. When the User sound mode preset is active, you can adjust manuall adjust Bass & Treble.
- Balance: Left and Right balance from -50 to +50.
- Auto Volume: Automatically regulates volume level between content and sources.
- SPDIF Mode: Select Auto or PCM for the TV's digital audio stream.
- SRS TruSurround: Enables virtual surround sound.
- Audio Only: Turn off video display for audio playback only.
Optional Soundbar: This TV does not have built-in speakers. However, it does have a built-in a 20W amplifier that can be used to power an optional SunBrite TV Soundbar (sold separately - see Accessories Tab).
Remote Control: The included weatherproof remote provides wireless operation of the SunBrite TV outdoors. The TV is also equipped with a RS232 Serial Port for discrete on/off and input control. A rear IR receiver located in the cable compartment keeps IR emitter hidden and protected. There is a remote lockout feature that prevents unauthorized users from changing programming.
- The TV supports HDMI CEC with support for Auto Power On/Off commands.
- This TV supports Sony's universal remote code. If SunBriteTV is not listed for your universal remote control, please look up Sony's codes in your universal remote's hand book.
Weatherproof Cable Entry System: Cable hookups are easy with SunBriteTV's weatherproof cable entry system. Thick gaskets form a compression seal around cables, and the media compartment can accommodate many types of media players and baluns. A media bay power port provides on-demand power without the need for external cords (firstname.lastname@example.org/12v@3amps).
Mounting Options: Made for permanent outdoor installation; SunBriteTV Pro 2 Series is perfect for patios, decks, porches, etc.. The TV is a equipped with 400mm x 400mm wall-mount inserts (M6) for mounting the television to a wall using an optional outdoor wall-mount bracket (sold separately).
- The TV should be installed so the screen is not facing direct sunlight, or can be easily turned away from direct sunlight. Ideal placement is in an area where the TV is shaded by trees, landscape and/or structures, or under a patio cover or gazebo.
- The position of the sun changes during the day, so the quality of the picture will change during different times of day. If you intend to install the TV in areas where direct sunlight will reach it, it's best to postion the TV for optimum performance during the time of day when you do most of your TV watching.
- If the sun shines directly on the screen for long periods of time, dark areas may develop on the screen. This is a normal reaction for the LCD panel, and will not cause damage to the screen. Either turn the screen away from the sun, or apply shade to the TV, and the dark areas will quickly disappear.
Note: The TV does not include a pedestal stand.
Attached Power Cord: The TV is equipped with an attached AC power cord.When using the TV outdoors, you must use a GFI protected AC outlet with "in-use" waterproof cover.
Wake Up Timer & Auto Turn Off: The Wake Up Timer allows the TV to turn on automatically at a preset time. This TV will also turn off automatically if there is no signal present for more than 15 minutes.
Attached AC Power Cord: The outdoor TV features an attached 6' AC power cord with a standard 2-prong AC power connector.
The SunBriteTV SB-P2-55-4K-BL replaces these items
- Pro Series has ultra-bright screen designed for viewing in direct sunlight; includes anti-glare protective glass
- weatherproof design protects internal components from rain, dust, insects, humidity, and salt air
- built-in cooling system; operating temperature range is -40° to 122°F