About the SunBriteTV® Signature Series
Perfect for partial-sun locations
SunBriteTV's Signature series TVs are designed for partial-sun locations.
Perfect for partial-sun locations
With its 55" screen, the SB-S2-55-4K is sure to be one of the most popular models in SunBriteTV's Signature Series — the best-selling line of outdoor TVs in the world. Designed to live outdoors year-round, this handsome TV brings incredible 4K picture detail to your outdoor kitchen or patio, deck, or other outdoor living area.
The ultra-bright commercial-grade LED-lit panel is twice as bright as typical TVs. You'll enjoy brilliant, colorful images whether you're watching in afternoon sunlight or silvery moonlight. The Signature Series is intended for partial-sun applications. It will deliver the best viewing experience when placed under an awning, roof eave, or overhang, away from direct sun.
Beautiful and rugged
This TV's powder-coated aluminum exterior resists heat, cold, and moisture. A multi-fan airflow system keeps the unit cool and dry in temperatures up to 122°F. And this TV will keep performing flawlessly even when the temperature dips to -24°F. In the world of outdoor TVs, SunBriteTV is the leader when it comes to quality. Every one of their TVs is designed, engineered and built in California.
You'll find two 4K-compatible HDMI inputs for sources like an Ultra HD Blu-ray player, or a cable or satellite TV box. There's a standard PC input for your computer, too (great for streamed video or sharing vacation slideshows). SunBriteTV really thought of everything — even the remote control is weatherproof!
To watch HD video sources on your outdoor TV without running cables, check out SunBriteTV's weatherproof wireless HD system.
- exterior designed to protect internal components from rain, snow, dust, insects, humidity, and salt air
- powder-coated rust-proof aluminum exterior for strength and durability
- heat dispersion system keeps the unit cool and dry in temperatures up to 122 degrees F
- designed to operate in cold weather (-24 degrees F)
- water-tight cable entry system seals out moisture and allows for easy hookup
- rear IR receiver (located in the cable-entry compartment)
- weatherproof remote control
- 55" screen (measured diagonally)
- 4K screen resolution (3840 x 2160 pixels)
- commercial-grade high-brightness (700-nit) screen with TruVision™ anti-glare technology
- direct-lit LED backlight and anti-glare screen provide good contrast and black levels
- 60Hz screen refresh rate
- pre-configured OptiView™ Day and Night modes optimize picture quality settings with a single touch
Video Source Compatibility:
- tuner receives over-the-air HDTV broadcasts (antenna required)
- Clear QAM tuner decodes unencrypted digital cable signals up to 1080i without a set-top box (subscription required to receive cable channels)
- 2 HDMI 2.0
- 2 component video
- 1 composite/S-video
- PC input
- RF input for antenna/cable signals
- Toslink optical digital audio output
- stereo minijack output for connecting a sound bar or stereo system
- RS232 serial control (located in the cable-entry compartment)
- made in USA
- 50-1/2"W x 29-3/4"H x 3-3/4"D
- weight: 68.5 lbs.
- TV does not come with a pedestal stand; matching SunBriteTV SB-TS-S-L1-BL all-weather stand is sold separately
- TV does not include built-in speakers (optional weatherproof speaker bar SB-SP557 sold separately)
- warranty: 2 years parts & labor for both residential and commercial use in-home service or pick-up for service
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SB-S2-55-4K-BL
EnergyGuide:View EnergyGuide label
More details on the SunBriteTV® Signature Series
Features & specs
Signature Series Outdoor TV: Designed for permanent outdoor installation in partial sun outdoor spaces (such as a partially enclosed patio, gazebo or covered outdoor area), the all-new SunBriteTV Signature Series introduces highly-upgraded features that are largely absent from other outdoor televisions - like a brilliant, direct-lit 4K UHD screen that is HDCP 2.2 compliant.
- At up to 3X the brightness of typical indoor televisions, a new, brighter 700-NIT commercial-grade anti-glare panel offers a prime viewing experience in the indirect sunlight and high ambient light conditions often encountered outdoors.
- Stylish, slim powder-coated rust-proof aluminum exterior for strength and durability.
- Temperature regulation system allows operation in low temperatures from -24°F and high temperatures up to 122°F (Storage temperature from -24°F up to 140°F).
- Innovative weather-tight cable entry system seals out moisture and allows for easy hook-ups.
Note: Indoor TV manufacturers specifically prohibit outdoor use. Installing a display that is independently certified safe for outdoor use helps protect homeowners from harm and installers from liability.
Built-In OTA Tuner: The Signature Series SunBriteTV has built-in over-the-air HDTV (ATSC) and Digital Cable (QAM) tuners, so you don't need a separate set-top box to receive and decode over-the-air HDTV/SDTV or unencrypted Digital Cable signals. There is a single coaxial RF (f-type) connector to connect your antenna (sold separately).
Audio/Video Inputs: The Signature Series SunBriteTV is equipped with HDMI, Component, Composite, S-video inputs; along with RCA audio inputs.
- HDMI 2.0 (4K Compatible): There are two HDMI 2.0 inputs which support 480i, 480p, 720i, 720p, 1080i, 1080p, and 4K video; along with 2ch PCM (not compatible with Dolby Digital/DTS).
- Component: There are two component video inputs that support 480i, 480p, 720i, 720p, and 1080 video. Each component video input is paired with a stereo audio RCA input.
- Composite: There is one composite video input that supports 480i video only. It is paired with a stereo audio RCA input.
- S-Video: There is one S-video input that supports 480i video only. It shares the same stereo audio RCA input as the composite video input.
Note: This TV is not compatible with HDR (High Dynamic Range) video.
HDBaseT Receiver: An integrated HDBaseT receiver is now standard equipment with every new SunBriteTV Signature Series, allowing transmission of ultra-high-definition video, audio and control over a single, long-distance category cable.
PC Input: A 15-pin HD15 jack allows you to connect your personal computer to the display. There is also a corresponding stereo minijack (3.5mm) for the computer's audio signal. The PC input can accept up to a 1920 x 1080 signal. The TV's HDMI inputs can also be used to connect your computer.
USB Input: Using the USB (type-A) input on the rear panel of the TV, you can access content stored on a USB thumbdrive The material can be MP3/WAV music files or JPEG/BMP pictures.
Audio Outputs: The Signature Series SunBriteTV is outfitted with a SPDIF digital output and analog output. The SPDIF digital output consists of a coaxial (RCA) jack with support for 2ch PCM or bitstream. The analog output consists of a stereo minijack (3.5mm) connector. The digital output is fixed, while the analog output is variable.
Note: This TV does not include built-in speakers. Its companion 20W all-weather speaker bar (SB-SP557) is sold separately.
Audio/Video Settings: The TV offers a variety of audio & video adjustments.
- Video Adjustments: An innovative new SunBriteTV feature, OptiView, provides pre-configured settings optimized for brighter daytime or darker nighttime outdoor viewing environments. You can also adjust the following video settings - Contrast, Brightness, Sharpness, Tint, Color, Color Temperature, Noise Reduction, Backlight Level & Dynamic Light Control (DLC). DLC automatically optimizes the brightness and contrast for the program you are currently watching.
- Audio Adjustments: You can adjust the following audio settings - 5 Band EQ (120, 500, 1.5k, 5k, 10k Hz), Surround Sound Effect, & AVC (Auto Volume Control).
Mounting Options: The TV is equipped with 400mm x 400mm wall-mount inserts for mounting the television to a wall using an optional outdoor wall-mount bracket (sold separately - see accessories tab). This TV does not come with a pedestal stand.
Remote Control: The included weatherproof remote provides wireless operation of the SunBriteTV outdoors. The TV is also equipped with a RS232 Serial Port for discrete on/off and input control. A rear IR receiver located in the cable compartment keeps IR emitter hidden and protected. There is a remote lockout feature that prevents unauthorized users from changing programming.
Timers: The Wake Up Timer allows the TV to turn on automatically at a preset time. The TV's Sleep Timer can be set to 5, 10, 15, 30, 45, 60, 90 120, 180, or 240 minutes. This TV will also turn off automatically if there is no signal present for more than 15 minutes.
Attached Power Cord: The TV is equipped with an attached AC power cord. When using the TV outdoors, you must use a GFI protected AC outlet with "in-use" waterproof cover.