About the SunBriteTV SB-S2-75-4K-BL
A 4K screen as big and bright as the great outdoors
SunBriteTV's Signature series TVs are designed for partial-sun locations. (Shown in black.)
A 4K screen as big and bright as the great outdoors
SunBriteTV's ruggedly handsome Signature 2 Series TVs top out with this 75" model. Signature is the world's best-selling line of outdoor TVs. Designed to live outdoors year-round, this TV brings incredible 4K picture detail to your outdoor kitchen or patio, deck, or other outdoor living area.
The ultra-bright commercial-grade LED-lit panel is twice as bright as typical TVs. You'll enjoy brilliant, colorful images whether you're watching in afternoon sunlight or silvery moonlight. The Signature Series is intended for partial-sun applications. It will deliver the best viewing experience when placed under an awning, roof eave, or overhang, away from direct sun.
Beautiful and rugged
This TV's powder-coated aluminum exterior resists heat, cold, and moisture. A multi-fan airflow system keeps the unit cool and dry in temperatures up to 122°F. And this TV will keep performing flawlessly even when the temperature dips to -24°F. In the world of outdoor TVs, SunBriteTV is the leader when it comes to quality. Every one of their TVs is designed, engineered and built in California.
You'll find two 4K-compatible HDMI inputs for sources like an Ultra HD Blu-ray player, or a cable or satellite TV box. There's a standard PC input for your computer, too (great for streamed video or sharing vacation slideshows). SunBriteTV really thought of everything — even the remote control is weatherproof!
To watch HD video sources on your outdoor TV without running cables, check out SunBriteTV's weatherproof wireless HD system.
- exterior designed to protect internal components from rain, snow, dust, insects, humidity, and salt air
- powder-coated rust-proof aluminum exterior for strength and durability
- heat dispersion system keeps the unit cool and dry in temperatures up to 122 degrees F
- designed to operate in cold weather (-24 degrees F)
- water-tight cable entry system seals out moisture and allows for easy hookup
- rear IR receiver (located in the cable-entry compartment)
- weatherproof remote control
- 75" screen (measured diagonally)
- 4K screen resolution (3840 x 2160 pixels)
- High Dynamic Range (HDR10) for extended picture contrast and brightness with HDR sources
- commercial-grade high-brightness (700-nit) screen with TruVision™ anti-glare technology
- direct-lit LED backlight and anti-glare screen provide good contrast and black levels
- 60Hz screen refresh rate
- pre-configured OptiView™ Day and Night modes optimize picture quality settings with a single touch
Video Source Compatibility:
- tuner receives over-the-air HDTV broadcasts (antenna required)
- Clear QAM tuner decodes unencrypted digital cable signals up to 1080i without a set-top box (subscription required to receive cable channels)
- 2 HDMI 2.0
- 1 component video (3.5mm A/V minijack — adapter cable required)
- 1 composite video
- PC input (accepts signals up to 1080p)
- built-in HDBaseT receiver with RJ45 connection accepts 4K/30Hz video, audio, and control signals over a single CAT cable
- RF input for antenna/cable signals
- Toslink optical digital audio output
- stereo minijack output for connecting a sound bar or stereo system
- 2 USB ports (one for data/service, one for auxiliary power)
- Ethernet jack (for IP control)
- 3.5mm jack for RS232 serial control
- made in USA
- dimensions: 66-3/4"W x 38-1/4"H x 3-13/16"D
- weight: 96 lbs.
- TV does not come with a pedestal stand; matching SunBriteTV SB-TS-S-XL1 all-weather stand is sold separately
- TV does not include built-in speakers (matching SunBriteTV weatherproof speaker bar SB-SP-S-L1-BL sold separately)
- wall-mountable (bracket not included, see Accessories)
- VESA mounting hole pattern: 400mm x 400mm
- warranty: 2 years parts & labor for both residential and commercial use
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # SB-S2-75-4K-BL
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the SunBriteTV SB-S2-75-4K-BL
Features & specs
Signature 2 Series Outdoor TV: Designed for permanent outdoor installation in partial sun outdoor spaces (such as a partially enclosed patio, gazebo or covered outdoor area), the all-new SunBriteTV Signature 2 Series introduces highly-upgraded features that are largely absent from other outdoor televisions - like a brilliant, direct-lit 4K UHD screen that supports HDR.
- High Brightness: Up to 3x brighter than indoor TVs, this all-weather television improves the viewing experience in brighter outdoor environments. The commercial-grade screen with direct LED backlight and TruVision anti-glare technology delivers an ultra-bright (700 NIT) picture with 4K resolution. SunBriteTV's OptiView provides pre-configured daytime/nighttime settings for optimal viewing any time of day. A built-in ambient light sensor automatically measures ambient light level and adjusts the backlight to a user preset level for the perfect brightness.
- Outdoor Protection: SunBriteTV's sensitive internal components are enclosed in powder-coated rust-proof aluminum exterior for protection from rain, snow, dust, insects, humidity, and salt air. Plus, the innovative weather-tight cable entry system seals out moisture and allows for easy hook-ups. A temperature regulation system allows operation in low temperatures from -24°F and high temperatures up to 122°F (Storage temperature from -24°F up to 140°F).
Note: Indoor TV manufacturers specifically prohibit outdoor use. Installing a display that is independently certified safe for outdoor use helps protect homeowners from harm and installers from liability.
4K/HDR: The SunBriteTV Signature 2 Series Outdoor TV offers 4K UHD full High Dynamic Range (HDR) support. HDR offers a much wider color gamut than standard TVs, helping to represent colors more realistically. Signature 2's true HDR screen brings amazing contrast and vibrant colors to full-shade outdoor spaces. The Signature 2 Series is compatible with HDR 10 (does not support Dolby Vision or HLG).
Video Inputs: The The SunBriteTV Signature 2 Series Outdoor TV is equipped with two HDMI inputs, one component video input, and one composite video input. There is also a PC input (15-pin D-sub VGA jack).
- HDMI 2.0/HDCP 2.2: The TV is equipped with three HDMI 2.0/HDCP 2.2 inputs with support for today's latest 4K sources and streaming services. The HDMI inputs supports 4K, 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 720, 480p, and 480i video resolutions.
- Component & Composite: The TV is also equipped with one component and one composite video input. The component video input consists of a 3.5mm jack and supports 1080p, 1080i, 720p, 720, 480p, and 480i video resolutions. The composite video input consists of a RCA jack and only supports 480i video resolution.
- PC Input: A 15-pin D-sub VGA jack allows you to connect your personal computer to the display. There is also a corresponding stereo minijack (3.5mm) for the computer's audio signal. The PC input can accept up to a 1920 x 1080 signal. The TV's HDMI inputs can also be used to connect your computer.
HDBaseT Receiver: An integrated HDBaseT receiver is now standard equipment with every new SunBriteTV Signature 2 Series, allowing transmission of ultra-high-definition video (up to 4K), audio and control over a single, long-distance category cable.
Built-In OTA Tuner: The Signature 2 Series SunBriteTV has built-in over-the-air HDTV (ATSC) and Digital Cable (QAM) tuners, so you don't need a separate set-top box to receive and decode over-the-air HDTV/SDTV or unencrypted Digital Cable signals. There is a single coaxial RF (f-type) connector to connect your antenna (sold separately).
ARC (Audio Return Channel): The Audio Return Channel of the TV's HDMI 2 input enables the television, via a single HDMI cable, to send audio data "upstream" to your AV receiver; increasing user flexibility and eliminating the need for any separate S/PDIF audio connection. This feature allows audio to be sent from the television to your AV receiver through the same HDMI cable already being used to send audio/video to the television. This eliminates the need for extra cables connected to the TV. ARC allows audio from the TV tuner, Network connection, inserted USB device, HDMI inputs, or any analog connected device to be heard through your ARC compatible AV receiver via the television's HDMI ARC input.
- The audio from the TV's tuner, HDMI inputs, and USB port can pass as Dolby Digital or 2ch PCM.
- Analog connected devices will be output audio at 2ch PCM only.
Note: Both the television and the receiver must support ARC for this function to work properly. When connecting an AV receiver that is compatible with Audio Return Channel (ARC), connect it to the TV's HDMI 2 input. If connecting a system that is incompatible with Audio Return Channel (ARC), an additional audio connection via Digital Audio Out (Optical) is necessary.
Analog & Digital Audio Outputs: The Signature 2 Series SunBriteTV is outfitted with an optical (toslink) digital output and 3.5mm analog output. The optical digital output supports Dolby Digital or PCM audio signals. The digital output is fixed, while the analog output is variable.
Note: This TV does not include built-in speakers. Its companion 20W all-weather speaker bar is sold separately (see Accessories Tab).
Dual USB Ports: The TV is equipped with two USB (type-A ports). One of the USB ports can be used for JPEG/BMP photo and MP3/WMA audio playback or firmware updates using a USB MSC (mass storage class) device, such as a thumbdrive. The other USB port can only be used for powering and chargind USB-enabled eletronic devices.
Picture & Sound Menu: The Signature 2 Series Outdoor TV offers a variety of picture and sound adjustments to best suit your viewing and listening preferences.
- Picture Adjustments: You can select the aspect ratio (4:3 or 16:9) that best fits your video content. Preset Picture Modes (Standard, Dynamic, OptiView Day, OptiView Night, PC, or User) provides easy picture adjustment. The User mode allows you to manually adjusts the TV's Contrast, Brightness, Color, Tint, and Sharpness. Advanced Picture Settings include Color Temperature, Dynamic Contrast, Ultra Clear, Blue Light Filter, and Noise Reduction.
- Audio Settings: The following auduio settings are applied to the TV's proprietary audio output and optional soundbar (sold separately). Preset Sound Modes (Standard, Music, Movie, Sports, SRS TruSurround, or User) provides easy audio adjustment. The User mode allows you to adjust Bass, Treble, and Balance.
Weatherproof Remote: The included weatherproof remote provides wireless operation of the SunBriteTV outdoor television. A rear IR receiver located in the cable compartment keeps IR emitter hidden and protected. There is a remote lockout feature that prevents unauthorized users from changing programming. The SunBriteTV outdoor television also supports HDMI CEC, RS232 control, and IP control.
- HDMI CEC: HDMI-CEC allows you to control other HDMI-CEC compatible components connected to the TV via HDMI from one remote controll and allows the components to turn on and off together.
- RS232 Port: The TV is also equipped with a RS232 Serial Port (3.5mm) for discrete on/off and input control.
- IP Control: The TV's Ethernet port (RJ45 jack) can be used to connect the TV to your network for IP control.
Note: You can also program a universal remote control to operate the TV. This TV supports Sony's universal remote code. If SunBriteTV is not listed for your universal remote control, please look up Sony's codes in your universal remote's hand book.
Mounting Options: The TV is equipped with 400mm x 400mm wall-mount inserts (M6) for mounting the television to a wall using an optional outdoor wall-mount bracket (sold separately - see Accessories Tab). This TV does not come with a pedestal stand and one is not available separately.
- The TV should be installed so the screen is not facing direct sunlight, or can be easily turned away from direct sunlight. Ideal placement is in an area where the TV is shaded by trees, landscape and/or structures, or under a patio cover or gazebo.
- Remember that the position of the sun changes during the day. This means that the quality of the picture will change during the day. If you intend to install the TV in areas where direct sunlight will reach it, it's best to postion the TV for optimum performance during the time of day when you do most of your TV watching.
- This TV must be installed at least 5' from pool, spa, or other body of water.
- If the sun shines directly on the screen for long periods of time, dark areas may develop on the screen. This is a normal reaction for the LCD panel, and will not cause damage to the screen. Either turn the screen away from the sun, or apply shade to the TV, and the dark areas will quickly disappear.
Weatherproof Cable Entry System: Cable hookups are easy with SunBriteTV’s innovative weatherproof cable entry system. Thick gaskets seal out moisture, with plenty of storage room for many popular media players and cables.
Sleep Timer: When the Sleep Timer is activated, the TV will turn off automatically after the selected time has elapsed. Choose from 10, 20, 30, 60, 90, 120, 180, or 240 minutes.
Attached Power Cord: The TV is equipped with an attached AC power cord. When using the TV outdoors, you must use a GFI protected AC outlet with "in-use" waterproof cover.