About the Paradigm Monitor SE 2000C
Crisp, clear dialog
Crisp, clear dialog
We often describe the center channel speaker as the most important speaker in a home theater system, because it's responsible for reproducing virtually all the dialogue in whatever you watch. Thankfully, the Monitor SE 2000C is up to the task. Paradigm's Monitor SE Series was made to offer premium performance without pushing your budget. Packed with state-of-the-art technology, the SE 2000C delivers clean, clear dialogue and on-screen sound effects with ease.
A unique, specially designed tweeter
Paradigm did extensive research into what makes a tweeter sound clear or muddy. That testing and analysis led to the patented X-PAL pure aluminum dome tweeter and PPA (Perforated Phase-Aligning) lens featured in the Monitor SE Series. This proprietary design uses the lens as refined phase plug — it blocks out a wide range of unwanted out-of-phase frequencies, giving the tweeter smooth, uncolored highs.
The bass/midrange drivers are made of mineral-filled polypropylene and have an inverted dust cap. That design keeps them lightweight and rigid, allowing them to reproduce accurate detail no matter what's going on in the movie. The carefully designed surrounds help to control the linear motion of the cones (plus they look cool, too).
Partnered with Canada's National Research Center
Paradigm is partnered with Canada's largest federal research and development organization, the National Research Center (NRC). The two research the nature of sound and human hearing together, and their findings influence the design and performance of Paradigm's loudspeakers and subwoofers. The result is a uniquely realistic sound that's backed by ample scientific research.
- 1" X-PAL pure aluminum dome tweeter with PPA (Perforated Phase-Aligning) lens
- two 5-1/2" mineral-filled polypropylene mid/bass drivers
- frequency response: 65-21,000 Hz (±3dB)
- sensitivity: 93 dB
- power handling: up to 100 watts RMS
- impedance: 8 ohms
- bass reflex (ported) cabinet with dual rear-firing ports
- cloth grille included
- 19-3/4"W x 7-1/4"H x 11-1/8"D
- weight: 19 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 1220000021
What's in the box:
- Center-channel loudspeaker
- 4 Rubber feet
- Owner's Manual
- Online Registration Card
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Paradigm Monitor SE 2000C
Features & specs
|Midrange size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer size (inches)||5-1/2|
|Connector Type||Binding post|
|Frequency Response||65-21k Hz|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
2-Way Center-Channel Loudspeaker: The Paradigm Monitor SE 2000C center-channel loudspeaker incorporates a 2-way driver design featuring a 1" X-PAL pure-aluminum dome tweeter with a patented Perforated Phase-Aligning (PPA) Lens, plus two 5.5" mineral-filled polypropylene cone woofers with inverted dust caps and down-roll surrounds.
- 1" X-PAL Dome Tweeter with Perforated Phase-Aligning (PPA) Lens. The Monitor SE 2000C center-channel speaker features Paradigm's X-PAL pure-aluminum dome tweeter with a patented Perforated Phase-Aligning (PPA) Lens. This exclusive design acts as a refined phase plug, blocking a wide range of out-of-phase frequencies which increases and smooths output without coloring the sound. Both visually stunning and functional, Paradigm's signature PPA Lens technology improves performance while also protecting the tweeter from getting damaged.
- Dual 5.5" Mineral-Filled Polypropylene Cone Woofers: The Monitor SE 2000C houses two 5.5" midrange/midbass woofers that feature a mineral-filled polypropylene cone with an inverted dust cap and down-roll surround. The woofer cone is both lightweight and rigid for clean, accurate midrange and midbass sound.
Computer Optimized Crossover: The Paradigm Monitor SE 2000C center-channel speaker employs a computer optimized 2nd-order crossover (2000kHz), engineered for seamless and smooth integration between the tweeter and midrange/midbass driver for dynamic sound reproduction with low distortion.
Bass Reflex Enclosure: The Paradigm Monitor SE 2000C center-channel speaker utilizes a bass reflex enclosure with two rear-firing ports for greater efficiency and bigger bass response. The speaker cabinet is available in a black or white finish. Both color selections come with a detachable black cloth grille.
Binding Post Terminals: The Paradigm Monitor SE 2000C center-channel loudspeaker is outfitted with binding post terminals th accept bare wire (up to 10AWG), pin-connectors, spade-lugs, and banana-plugs (single only). To use banana-plugs, you'll need to remove the plastic inserts from the binding post terminals.
Mounting & Placement Options: The Monitor SE 2000C center-channel speaker can be mounted on stand (sold separately - see Accessories Tab), shelf, table, or other piece of furniture with a flat tabletop surface. Self-adhesive rubber feet are included to isolate the speaker from the mounting surface. The self-adhesive rubber feet add approximately 0.125" to the overall height of the speaker.
- The Paradigm Monitor SE Series center speaker is designed to cover a large, wide listening area, allowing listeners throughout the room to hear center-channel information with unprecedented clarity and intelligibility. Placing the center-channel speaker below the TV will ensure the best possible clarity and intelligibility. Position the speaker flush with the front of the TV or speaker shelf to minimize unwanted sound reflections. Make sure the center-channel speaker is approximately the same distance away from the primary listening position as your front speakers.
- Paradigm Monitor SE Series speakers are designed to provide exceptional sound in a wide variety of applications and domestic settings. However, it is important to note that listening room construction, dimensions and furnishings all play a part in the quality of sound you will ultimately achieve. Your listening room will impose its own character on the performance capabilities of any speaker system. The extra care you take in correctly positioning the speakers will result in greater listening enjoyment.
Note: The Monitor SE 2000C does not included any brackets, keyhole slots, or threaded inserts to wall-mount the speaker.
Monitor SE Series: The Paradigm Monitor SE Series is a family of high-performance loudspeakers that consists of three floorstanding speakers (8000F / 6000F / 3000F), a bookshelf speaker (Atom), and a center-channel speaker (2000C). The Paradigm Monitor SE Series is packed with state-of-the-art speaker technology to produce music that sounds realistic and lifelike, plus deliver immersive and dynamic effects for movie soundtracks.
Optional Powered Subwoofer: Add a Paradigm Defiance Series powered subwoofer (sold separately) to the Monitor SE Series loudspeaker for even more dynamic, bigger, and deeper bass response.
NRC Partnership: Paradigm is partnered with Canada's world-renowned NRC in ongoing research to reveal the true nature of sound and human hearing. Findings influence design and performance specs, resulting in a uniquely realistic listening experience, backed by sound science.