About the Paradigm Monitor SE 8000F
Big, immersive sound
Big, immersive sound
Just because a speaker doesn't cost an exorbitant amount doesn't mean you can't get excellent performance out of it. If you're looking for room-filling, dynamic sound, Paradigm's Monitor SE 8000F tower is a stellar option. The state-of-the-art tweeter works together with four fast, accurate woofers to give width and life to your favorite songs
If you're wanting a superb surround sound setup, these have got you covered. You can pick up the SE 2000C center channel, two SE Atom bookshelf speakers, and a Defiance V or Defiance X-series subwoofer, and you'll have yourself a potent home theater system you can enjoy for years to come.
A finely crafted tweeter
Paradigm did extensive research into what makes a tweeter sound clear or muddy. That testing and analysis led to the patented X-PAL pure aluminum dome tweeter and PPA (Perforated Phase-Aligning) lens featured in the Monitor SE Series. This proprietary design uses the lens as refined phase plug — it blocks out a wide range of unwanted out-of-phase frequencies, giving the tweeter smooth, uncolored highs.
The '8000F uses a three-way speaker design. Three 8" drivers take care of the bass, while a 6-1/2" driver handles the midrange. There's a good deal of detail and soundstage separation between the highs, mids, and bass frequencies. The bass drivers and midrange driver are made of mineral-filled polypropylene and have an inverted dust cap. That design keeps the drivers lightweight and rigid, allowing them to be agile enough to keep up with the most demanding music and films. The carefully designed surrounds help to control the linear motion of the cones while giving them a low-profile appearance if you choose to leave the grilles off. The rear-firing ports helps to give the low-end response more depth and punch.
Partnered with Canada's National Research Center
Paradigm is partnered with Canada's largest federal research and development organization, the National Research Center (NRC). The two research the nature of sound and human hearing together, and their findings influence the design and performance of Paradigm's loudspeakers and subwoofers. The result is a uniquely realistic sound that's backed by ample scientific research.
- 3-way design:
- 1" X-PAL pure aluminum dome tweeter with PPA (Perforated Phase-Aligning) lens
- 6-1/2" mineral-filled polypropylene midrange driver
- three 8" mineral-filled polypropylene bass drivers
- frequency response: 45-21,000 Hz (±3dB)
- sensitivity: 95 dB
- power handling: up to 150 watts
- impedance: 8 ohms
- bass reflex cabinet with twin rear-firing ports
- cloth grille included
- 5-way binding post speaker terminals
- 11-3/4"W x 45-15/16" H x 17-3/4"D
- weight: 69 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 1220000042
What's in the box:
- Floorstanding loudspeaker
- 4 Rubber feet
- 4 Spike feet
- Owner's Manual
- Online Registration Card
- Unboxing Instructions
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Paradigm Monitor SE 8000F
Features & specs
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|Midrange Size (inches)||6.5|
|Woofer Size (inches)||8|
|Woofer Composition||Mineral-filled polypropylene|
|Built-in Powered Sub||No|
|Dolby Atmos Drivers||No|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
|Frequency Response||45-21k Hz|
|Subwoofer Amp Power||---|
3-Way Floorstanding Loudspeaker: The Paradigm Monitor SE 8000F floorstanding loudspeaker incorporates a 3-way driver design featuring a 1" X-PAL pure-aluminum dome tweeter with a patented Perforated Phase-Aligning (PPA) Lens, a 6.5" mineral-filled polypropylene cone midrange driver, plus three 8" mineral-filled polypropylene cone woofer with an inverted dust cap and down-roll surround.
- X-PAL Dome Tweeter with Perforated Phase-Aligning (PPA) Lens. The Monitor SE 8000F floorstanding speaker features Paradigm's X-PAL pure-aluminum dome tweeter with a patented Perforated Phase-Aligning (PPA) Lens. This exclusive design acts as a refined phase plug, blocking a wide range of out-of-phase frequencies which increases and smooths output without coloring the sound. Both visually stunning and functional, Paradigm's signature PPA Lens technology improves performance while also protecting the tweeter from getting damaged.
- Mineral-Filled Polypropylene Cone Midrange & Woofers: The Monitor SE 8000F houses a 6.5" midrange driver and three 8" bass woofers. The midrange driver and woofers each feature a mineral-filled polypropylene cone with an inverted dust cap and down-roll surround. The mineral-filled polypropylene cone is both lightweight and rigid for clean, accurate midrange, midbass, and low bass frequencies.
Computer Optimized Crossover: The Paradigm Monitor SE 8000F floorstanding speaker employs computer optimized 2nd-order crossovers (800/3000Hz), engineered for seamless and smooth integration between the tweeter, midrange, and bass drivers for dynamic sound reproduction with low distortion.
Bass Reflex Enclosure: The Paradigm Monitor SE 8000F floorstanding speaker utilizes a bass reflex enclosure with two rear-firing ports for greater efficiency and bigger bass response. The speaker cabinet is available in a black or white finish. Both color selections come with a detachable black cloth grille.
Binding Post Terminals: The Paradigm Monitor SE 8000F floorstanding loudspeaker is outfitted with binding post terminals th accept bare wire (up to 10AWG), pin-connectors, spade-lugs, and banana-plugs (single only). To use banana-plugs, you'll need to remove the plastic inserts from the binding post terminals.
Mounting Options: The Paradigm Monitor SE 8000F floorstanding speaker comes with rubber and spike feet to isolate the loudspeaker from the floor surface. The rubber feet stick to the bottom of the enclosure, while the spike feet screw into the bottom of the speaker cabinet. The rubber feet should be used on hardwood, tile, vinyl, and laminate flooring. The spike feet should be used on carpeted flooring. The spike feet can damage and scratch hard surface flooring.
- Dimensions With Rubber Feet: 11.75" (w) x 46.0" (h) x 17.75" (d)
- Dimensions With Spike Feet: 11.75" (w) x 46.5" (h) x 17.75" (d)
Note: The Monitor SE 8000F floorstanding speaker should always be used with either the rubber feet or spike feet installed for optimum sound performance and maximum stability.
Application & Placement Options: The Monitor SE 8000F floorstanding loudspeaker can be used in a 2ch stereo music application or as front and rear speaker in a multichannel home theater setup. Paradigm Monitor SE Series loudspeakers are designed to allow flexible placement while providing a very large window of sound throughout your listening room. Please observe the following placement guidelines as front and rear speaker to ensure the best performance possible.
- Front Speaker Placement: For the most accurate and natural timbre, place front speakers so that their high-frequency drivers are approximately at ear level. A pair of Monitor SE Series speakers should form an equilateral triangle between each other and the main seated listening position. To further optimize imaging, turn the pair of speakers inward (toe-in) so they point toward the listening position with their axes crossing just behind it. Placing front speakers in corners will over-emphasize bass and reduce overall clarity. Avoid corner placement. Position front speakers 8" or more from the wall behind the speaker and as much as possible from either side wall. This will ensure better bass performance and optimal midrange clarity.
- Surround Speaker Placement: A pair of Paradigm Monitor SE Series speakers may also be used as surround or rear speakers. Remember to keep these speakers well away from the main listening area for optimal surround-sound performance. When used as surround speakers, the Monitor SE Series speakers should be located on the side or behind the main listening area. When used on the sides, take care never to locate the speaker forward of the main listening position. If the speakers are placed along the rear wall as surrounds, it is suggested that the speakers be positioned fairly wide apart if possible.
Note: Paradigm Monitor SE Series speakers are designed to provide exceptional sound in a wide variety of applications and domestic settings. However, it is important to note that listening room construction, dimensions and furnishings all play a part in the quality of sound you will ultimately achieve. Your listening room will impose its own character on the performance capabilities of any speaker system. The extra care you take in correctly positioning the speakers will result in greater listening enjoyment.
Monitor SE Series: The Paradigm Monitor SE Series is a family of high-performance loudspeakers that consists of three floorstanding speakers (8000F / 6000F / 3000F), a bookshelf speaker (Atom), and a center-channel speaker (2000C). The Paradigm Monitor SE Series is packed with state-of-the-art speaker technology to produce music that sounds realistic and lifelike, plus deliver immersive and dynamic effects for movie soundtracks.
Optional Powered Subwoofer: Add a Paradigm Defiance Series powered subwoofer (sold separately) to the Monitor SE Series loudspeaker for even more dynamic, bigger, and deeper bass response.
NRC Partnership: Paradigm is partnered with Canada's world-renowned NRC in ongoing research to reveal the true nature of sound and human hearing. Findings influence design and performance specs, resulting in a uniquely realistic listening experience, backed by sound science.