About the Paradigm Millenia LP XL
When slim and powerful meet
When slim and powerful meet
With TV's getting thinner with each new release, it can be difficult to find an equally thin speaker that fits in with the rest of your room. But Paradigm designed the Millenia LP XL to fix that. It uses a crazy thin enclosure — less than two inches deep — and gives larger, bulkier speakers a run for their money in terms of sound quality. Whether you're using two of them to enjoy your favorite album on a dedicated stereo system or three as your front soundstage in a home theater system, the sleek LP XL delivers a gripping, surprisingly powerful sound.
The LP XL's driver complement has some serious output. The 1" tweeter features Paradigm's patented S-PAL (Satin-anodized Pure Aluminum) material, which is renowned for its smooth response, giving you plenty of upper-frequency goodness without being too sharp. It's housed in a rigid, mineral-filled ABS chassis and uses a Perforated Aluminum Mesh Screen™ guard with a phase ring tucked away inside it, both to protect the tweeter and to maintain a wide soundstage with effortless high-frequency extension.
The two 4-1/2" bass/midrange drivers found on the left and right side of the tweeter use an anodized unibody cone that deflects any unwanted frequencies outside of the drivers' crossover point. What that means is the drivers can do their own thing without their sound being drowned out or muddied by other frequencies. The carefully crafted surrounds help control the in-and-out motion of the cones, allowing the drivers to remain agile and accurate. Speaking of motion, the high-performance 1-1/2" aluminum voice coil, Nomex spider, and powerful neodymium magnet underneath the cone are the real workhorses of the operation. Together, they're responsible for moving the drivers and keeping them quick and articulate.
Lastly, the four 4-1/2" passive radiators use the same anodized unibody cone as the bass/midrange drivers. They're add a surprising amount of punch and depth to the bass. They've been precisely tuned to cancel out messy internal resonances.
Despite having four passive radiators, the LP XL works best when combined with an external subwoofer. Grabbing one like Paradigm's MilleniaSub will help complete your setup and give your music and movies depth.
Flexible placement options
The LP XL gives you plenty of placement flexibility. You can use the included wall-mounting bracket to hang one on either side of your TV and one mounted underneath for a stout front soundstage. Or you could go the more traditional route and place them on a cabinet using the included tabletop speaker stands.
Partnered with Canada's National Research Center
Paradigm is partnered with Canada's largest federal research and development organization, the National Research Center (NRC). The two research the nature of sound and human hearing together, and their findings influence the design and performance of Paradigm's loudspeakers and subwoofers. The result is a uniquely realistic sound that's backed by copious ample scientific research.
- ultra-thin, sleek design
- black gloss finish with brushed aluminum accents
- 1" S-PAL (Satin-anodized Pure Aluminum) tweeter with protective Perforated Aluminum Mesh Screen
- two 4-1/2" midrange/bass drivers
- four 4-1/2" passive bass radiators
- frequency response: 120-21,000 Hz(±3 dB)
- sensitivity: 92 dB
- power handling: up to 130 watts RMS
- impedance: 8 ohms
- includes bracket and rear keyhole slots for wall-mounting
- includes tabletop stand for placement on furniture
- 6-3/4"W x 33-3/4"H x 1-3/4"D
- weight: 9 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 1040000033
What's in the box:
- LCR loudspeaker
- Vertical stand base
- Vertical stand bracket
- 2 Horizontal feet
- 3 Self-tapping crews
- 2 Machine screws
- 4 Self-adhesive pads
- Paradigm magnetic logo badge
- Owners Manual
- Stand/Feet Assembly Instructions
- Online Registration Card
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Paradigm Millenia LP XL
Features & specs
|Number of Speakers||1|
|Bipole or Dipole||No|
|Midrange size (inches)||N/A|
|Woofer size (inches)||4-1/2|
|Connector Type||Spring post|
|Mounting Bracket Included||Yes|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
1" S-PAL Dome Tweeter: The Paradigm Millenia LP XL LCR loudspeaker houses a single 1" S-PAL dome tweeter. S-PAL (satin-anodized pure aluminum) offers a very high stiffness-to-mass ratio, plus outstanding internal damping for exceptional high-frequency detail and clarity without unwanted resonances and distortion. The S-PAL tweeter incorporates a protective, perforated aluminum mesh screen guard with wide dispersion architecture and an integrated phase ring to improve high frequency response. The S-PAL tweeter also features a rigid mineral-filled ABS chassis, plus an advanced motor structure with extruded aluminum heat sink for high power handling.
4.5" Midrange/Midbass Drivers & Passive Radiators: The Millenia LP XL LCR loudspeaker employs two 4.5" midrange/midbass drivers that are coupled to four 4.5" passive radiators for high-quality midrange and midbass performance. The 4.5" midrange/midbass drivers and 4.5" passive radiators each feature a high-performance anadized-aluminum unibody cone with an optimized nitrite-butodiene rubber surround for excellent excursion and control. The 4.5" midrange/midbass drivers also incorporate a high-performance motor assembly that includes a 1.5" high-temperature aluminum voice-coil and powerful neodymium magnet for high power handling capabilities.
Spring Post Terminals: The Paradigm Millenia LP XL LCR loudspeaker is outfitted with a set of spring-post terminals that will accept bare wire up to 12AWG and pin-connectors. The spring-post terminals will not accept banana plugs or spade-lugs.
Mounting Options: The Paradigm Millenia LP XL LCR loudspeaker can be mounted vertically or horizontally on a tabletop surface or on the wall. The LP XL LCR loudspeaker comes with a vertical stand, two horizontal feet, and a wall-mount bracket for flexible mounting options. The horizontal feet allow you to slightly tilt the speaker up or down to better aim the sound at the listening area. The vertical stand and wall-mount bracket do not offer any angle adjustment.
- Vertical Dimensions:
with table stand or wall bracket
- With Table Stand: 9.9375" (w) x 36.75" (h) x 8.1875" (d)
- With Wall Bracket: 6.4375" (w) x 34.1875" (h) x 2.0" (d)
- Horizontal Dimensions: with mounting feet or wall bracket
- With Mounting Feet: 34.1875" (w) x 6.375" (h) x 3.8125" (d)
- With Wall Bracket: 34.1875" (w) x 6.4375" (h) x 2.0" (d)
Note: The Millenia LP XL LCR loudspeaker has to be used with either the vertical stand, horizontal feet, or wall-bracket installed. Because of its slim cabinet design, the speaker cannot be mounted on a flat surface without the vertical stand or horizontal feet. The speaker is not designed to work with any other 3rd party wall-bracket.
Applications: The Paradigm Millenia LP XL LCR loudspeaker is designed to be used in a multichannel home theater setup as a front, center, and/or rear speaker.
- Front Speaker Placement: For the most accurate and natural timbre, position speakers so that sound from the high-frequency drivers reaches the listener at approximately ear level. Keep in mind, the Millenia LP XL speakers will allow for higher than usual placement of the high-frequency drivers, a particularly important feature when wall mounting. Mounting the front speaker farther apart on the wall than the width of your TV will promote a wider, deeper soundstage.
- Center Speaker Placement: Mount the center speaker horizontally, directly above or below your TV, whichever position brings sound closer to ear level. This ensures the most uniform timbral response with the rest of your system. The center speaker should be about the same distance as your main front speakers from the main listening area.
- Rear Speaker Placement: As surround speakers, a pair of Millenia LP XL speakers can be placed directly to the side of the main listening area or directly behind the main listening area. For optimal home theater performance, keep the surround speakers well away from the listening area.
Millenia Series: The Millenia Series offers sophisticated state-of-the-art Paradigm speaker technology wrapped in a sleek cabinet design to complement today's flat-panel televisions. Paradigm's Millenia Series consists of one satellite loudspeaker (Millenia One), two LCR loudspeakers (LP 2 / LP XL), one soundbar speaker (LP Trio), and a compact powered subwoofer (Millenia Sub)- all sold separately.
NRC Partnership: Paradigm is partnered with Canada's world-renowned NRC in ongoing research to reveal the true nature of sound and human hearing. Findings influence design and performance specs, resulting in a uniquely realistic listening experience, backed by sound science.