About the Paradigm MilleniaSub
Crouching sub, hidden thunder
Crouching sub, hidden thunder
Super-slim designs and deep bass typically don't go hand-in-hand. The folks at Paradigm are all about challenging notions like that, and that's why they came up with their sleek, decor-friendly Millenia Series. The MilleniaSub delivers a ton of tight, impressive bass despite its thin form factor. It's compact enough to go just about anywhere in your room. With its racetrack-style drivers, 300-watt amplifier, and low-resonance cabinet design, you can keep it out of sight and focus solely on enjoying the bass when it kicks in.
Hefty drivers for maximum bass
The 5mm-thick extruded die-cast aluminum enclosure houses two "racetrack" style 14" x 3" woofers (each of which has roughly the same surface area as an 8" woofer) on the front and back sides. That kind of bi-polar configuration helps to cancel out cabinet vibration and improve performance.
The woofers themselves are made of reinforced polymer. Their tough outer "skin" carries and dissipates most of the motion stress caused by the drivers' in-and-out motion. The dust caps are braced through the middle of each cone and are over-molded to the cone's edge to reduce distortion and improve the overall frequency response. Around the edges, you'll find a thick corrugated surround that allows for an impressive amount of excursion and control.
Put it just about anywhere
The versatility of this ultra-slim sub shouldn't go unmentioned. It includes a vertical stand, as well as feet for horizontal placement. That means it can easily be tucked away under or behind most couches if you'd rather the bass be heard but not seen. There's also an optional wall mounting bracket (sold separately) available if you'd want to get it off the floor. The drivers' back-to-back layout ensures a clean, distortion-free sound no matter where the sub is placed.
Partnered with Canada's National Research Center
Paradigm is partnered with Canada's largest federal research and development organization, the National Research Center (NRC). The two research the nature of sound and human hearing together, and their findings influence the design and performance of Paradigm's loudspeakers and subwoofers. The result is a uniquely realistic sound that's backed by ample scientific research.
- low-profile form factor
- can be placed vertically using included stand, or horizontally with included feet
- two 14" x 3" woofers in a bi-polar configuration
- acoustic suspension (sealed) enclosure
- frequency response: 24-150 Hz (±3 dB)
- high-performance Class D amp provides 300 watts of continuous power
- phase switch (0/180°)
- RCA LFE input
- auto on/off
- variable 35-150 Hz crossover with bypass
- wall mounting bracket and wireless transmitter/receiver sold separately
Dimensions and warranty:
- horizontal, including feet: 18-3/8"W x 5-1/2"H x 14"D
- vertical, including stand: 8-3/4"W x 15"H x 18-3/8"D
- weight: 24 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 1040000005
What's in the box:
- Powered subwoofer
- 6' AC power cord
- 4 Feet
- 4 Locking collars
- 4 Felt-pads
- 2 Screws
- 4 Rubber inserts
- Owner's Manual
- Important Operating Info
Paradigm MilleniaSub reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Paradigm MilleniaSub
Features & specs
|Woofer Size (inches)||---|
|Woofer Composition||Reinforced Polymer|
|Low-Pass Crossover Freq||35-150 Hz|
|High-Pass Crossover Freq||N/A|
|Amplifier Output (watts)||300|
|Frequency Response||24-150 Hz|
|Speaker Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Speaker Labor Warranty||3 Years|
|Amplifier Parts Warranty||3 Years|
|Amplifier Labor Warranty||3 Years|
Dual 14" x 3" Woofers: The Paradigm Millenia Sub utilizes a back-to-back, bipolar dual-woofer design with a front-firing and rear-firing 14" x 3" woofer for high output, low distortion, and deep bass. This dual opposite-firing woofer configuration results in physical cancellation of cabinet vibrations and a massive reduction in the potential for sound-destroying resonances.
- FEA-Optimized: The reinforced polymer woofer cone is FEA-optimized for the maximum strength-to-weight ratio, so it can handle the stress brought on by extended cone movement for big bass performance. The woofer's motor structure is also FEA-optimized, consisting of a 1" voice-coil with high-energy rare-earth neodymium ring magnets.
- High Excursion & Performance: The woofer cone features an over-molded corrugated Santoprene surround for high-excursion and symmetrical compliance, as well as increased longevity and performance reliability. The dust-cap is braced through the center of the woofer cone and adhered to the cone's edge allowing primary cone breakup to be outside the woofer operating band. This results in reduced distortion and improved frequency response.
300W Class D Amplifier: The Millenia Sub employs an advanced 300 watt (RMS) / 900 watt (Peak) Class D amplifier that incorporates Paradigm's digital signal processing (DSP). The DSP's sophisticated mathematical algorithms shape frequency response ensuring accurate, consistent, musical bass without distortion, even at the highest output levels.
Die-Cast Aluminum Sealed Enclosure: The Paradigm Millenia Sub features a 5mm thick die-cast aluminum cabinet that is ultra-rigid and super slim. The die-cast aluminum enclosure is an acoustic suspension (sealed) design for accurate, tight, and detailed bass.
Mono-RCA/LFE Input: The Paradigm Millenia Sub is outfitted with a mono-RCA/LFE input for connection to the subwoofer output or LFE output on your AV receiver or preamp/processor. The powered sub's Low Pass Crossover should be set to "Bypass" when utilizing the LFE output of your AV receiver or preamp/processor, since the LFE signals are controlled from your AV receiver/preamplifier.
Note: The Millenia Sub has no stereo RCA inputs and no speaker-level inputs.
Variable Controls: The Paradigm Millenia Sub offers variable control to tailor the bass output of the powered subwoofer to your speaker system, listening content, and room. Variable controls include Volume Level, Low Pass Crossover and Phase Alignment.
- Volume Level: The Volume Level control lets you adjust the loudness of the powered subwoofer, so it can be dialed in to match the output level of your main speakers.
- Low Pass Crossover: The Low Pass Crossover controls the subwoofer's upper-frequency cut-off (35-150Hz). This can be set to match the low-frequency roll-off characteristics of your front speakers. It is often best to set the Low Pass Crossover to "bypass" if your AV receiver/preamp offers bass management settings so there is no overlap or missing information between the main speakers and the subwoofer.
- Phase Alignment: The Phase Alignment adjustment allows you to adjust the timing relationship between your main speakers and the powered sub. You can adjust the phase of the subwoofer to 0 or180 degrees. Phase control is entirely dependent on numerous factors including the size and configuration of your listening environment, the placement of the unit, and seating arrangement. A good rule of thumb is to set the Phase at 0 if your sub is at the front of the room and 180 if it is in the rear.
Anthem Room Correction (ARC): Anthem Room Correction (ARC) technology is a proprietary digital signal processing system that allows you to quickly and accurately optimize the performance of the Millenia Sub to better suit the unique parameters of your room. By listening to your room’s acoustic signature, ARC can tune the subwoofer to correct for the performance-robbing effects (reflections, resonances, standing waves, etc.) of the various surfaces and other obstacles in your room. Anthem Room Correction measures your space, compares it to lab standard using proprietary advanced DSP algorithms, and instantly removes performance-robbing anomalies. You'll need to download the ARC Genesis software (for Windows 7/8/8.1/10 and Mac (10.12+), plus connect the the Perfect Bass Kit (sold separately) and the Millenia Sub to your compatible Windows PC or Mac computer via USB to take, configure, and store room correction measurements. The result is realistic, accurate, deep bass.
Note: The Millenia Sub is not compatible with the ARC mobile app.
Mounting Options: The Paradigm Millenia Sub can be mounted vertically or horizontally. It's even slim enough to fit under a couch when mounted horizontally. The sub comes with a floor stand when mounting it vertically and screw-in feet when mounting it horizontally. The Millenia Sub can also be wall mounted using Paradigm's optional wall-mount bracket system (sold separately).
- Vertical Dimensions with Stand: 7.0625" (w) x 15.1875" (h) x 18.375" (d)
- Horizontal Dimensions with Feet: 18.375" (w) x 4.0625" (h) x 14.3125" (d)
- Always utilize the screw-in feet, vertical stand, or optional wall-bracket (sold separately) when mounting the Millenia Sub for optimum bass performance and maximum stability.
- Corner placement provides the most bass, but sometime at the expense of accuracy. A sub placed near a wall usually provides a good balance of quantity and accuracy.
Detachable AC Power Cord: The Paradigm Millenia Sub comes with a 6.5' IEC 2-prong AC power cord that plugs into the back of the powered sub and into an AC wall outlet or surge protector/line conditioner (sold separately - see Accessories Tab).
Power Saving Mode: The Millenia Sub is equipped with an advanced Power Saving mode. After about 20 minutes with no input signal, the sub enter a low-power (Standby) state. When an input signal is receive, the subwoofer will automatically turn on again.
Millenia Series: The Millenia Series offers sophisticated state-of-the-art Paradigm speaker technology wrapped in a sleek cabinet design to complement today's flat-panel televisions. Paradigm's Millenia Series consists of one satellite loudspeaker (Millenia One), two LCR loudspeakers (LP 2 / LP XL), one soundbar speaker (LP Trio), and a compact powered subwoofer (Millenia Sub)- all sold separately.
NRC Partnership: Paradigm is partnered with Canada's world-renowned NRC in ongoing research to reveal the true nature of sound and human hearing. Findings influence design and performance specs, resulting in a uniquely realistic listening experience, backed by sound science.