About the Paradigm Premier 600C
Captivating center channel sound
Captivating center channel sound
Clear dialogue and impactful center channel effects can take movies from "one to eleven" real quick. Instead of dull sound, you get an immersive, captivating experience. The Premier 600C is the best center in the Paradigm's Premier lineup. It offers uncompromised performance with natural, lifelike voices at a price far less than you might expect. For a complete Premier home theater setup, you can grab a pair of Premier towers, two Premier 200B bookshelf speakers, and a Defiance X12 or X15 subwoofer.
Careful research and precise engineering
The amount of research Paradigm conducts on sound and speaker design always impresses me. Take the ART™ (Active Ridge Technology) surround used in this speaker's midrange and bass drivers. In studying how woofer cones and surrounds interact, Paradigm found that the spot where the two meet can cause some unwanted distortion, particularly at high excursion points. They discovered that by "overmolding" the cone to the surround, they could get 50% more excursion and far less distortion than traditional surrounds.
Both the patented 1" X-PAL pure aluminum done tweeter and the 4" midrange driver just below it use Paradigm's PPA (Perforated Phase-Aligning) lens as a refined phase plug to block out a wide range of unwanted out-of-phase frequencies, for smooth, uncolored sound. Flanking the tweeter and midrange are four 6-1/2" bass drivers made of carbon-infused polypropylene that give voices and effects some extra punch.
The cabinet is made of 3/4" non-resonant MDF, and it's tapered to reduce internal reflections and resonances, leading to cleaner, more accurate sound. The front baffle where the tweeter and mid/bass are mounted is an inch thick to reduce diffraction (a form of distortion) and to further control resonance.
Crafted in Canada
Premier Series speakers are made in Paradigm's 225,000-square-foot, state-of-the-art facility located in Mississauga, Ontario. That allows the company to have control over every step in the production process. They design, build, test, and tune every speaker there to ensure each one has the company's signature sound before it leaves the factory.
Partnered with Canada's National Research Center
Paradigm is partnered with Canada's largest federal research and development organization, the National Research Center (NRC). The two research the nature of sound and human hearing together, and their findings influence the design and performance of Paradigm's loudspeakers and subwoofers. The result is a uniquely realistic sound that's backed by ample scientific research.
The Premier 600C center channel speaker doesn't include any speaker wire. Read our article about choosing and installing speaker wire.
Shop our selection of speaker wire.
- 1" X-PAL pure aluminum dome tweeter with PPA (Perforated Phase-Aligning) lens
- 4" black anodized X-PAL midrange driver with PPA lens
- four 6-1/2" carbon-infused polypropylene bass drivers
- frequency response: 60-25,000 Hz (±3dB)
- power handling: up to 180 watts RMS
- sensitivity: 94 dB
- impedance: 8 ohms
- acoustic suspension (sealed) speaker enclosure
- made in Paradigm's state-of-the-art Canadian facility
- magnetic grille included
- dual 5-way binding posts allow bi-amping or bi-wiring
- furniture-grade espresso finish
- dimensions (measured by Crutchfield): 35-11/16"W x 8-3/16"H x 13-11/16"D
- weight: 43 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 1230000063
What's in the box:
Paradigm Premier 600C owner's manual
- Center-channel loudspeaker
- 2 Binding-post jumpers (pre-installed)
- 4 Rubber feet
- Owner's Manual
- Online Registration Card
- Center Channel Elevation Gauge
Paradigm Premier 600C reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
This review was collected as part of a promotion
More details on the Paradigm Premier 600C
Features & specs
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|Midrange size (inches)||4|
|Woofer size (inches)||6-1/2|
|Connector Type||Binding post|
|Frequency Response||60-25k Hz|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
3-Way Center-Channel Loudspeaker: The Paradigm Premier 600C center-channel loudspeaker incorporates a 3-way driver design with a 1" X-PAL dome tweeter, 4" X-PAL cone midrange driver, and two 6.5" carbon-infused polypropylene cone woofers coupled to two 6.5" carbon-infused polypropylene passive bass radiators for rich, full-range sound. A distinctive perforated lens in front of the tweeter and midrange driver increases and smooths output without coloring the sound, while also protecting the drivers from getting damaged.
- X-PAL Dome Tweeter & Midrange Driver: The 1" X-PAL dome tweeter and 4" X-PAL cone midrange driver each feature Paradigm's exclusive Perforated Phase-Aligning (PPA) Lens that protects the delicate pure-aluminum tweeter dome and midrange cone, plus acts as the Phase Plug, blocking out-of-phase frequencies for smoother, extended high and midrange frequencies with incredible detail and higher output.
- Dual Carbon-Infused Polypropylene Woofers & Bass Radiators: The two 6.5" carbon-infused polypropylene woofers feature a lightweight, and extremely durable high-excursion Nomex spider design that delivers a longer life of flexibility and performance. Nomex is 10xstronger than industry-standard cotton-based spider material. A super-strong die-cast basket features integrated heat sinks for higher power handling, for better bass, better dynamics, and less power compression. The two 6.5" bass woofers are coupled to two 6.5" carbon-infused polypropylene bass radiators for bigger and deeper low frequency response.
Active Ridge Technology (ART) Surrounds: The bass woofers and passive radiators feature Paradigm's patented Active Ridge Technology (ART) surrounds, made in-house and overmolded directly onto each woofer cone and bass radiator. This design achieves greater excursion, for a 3dB gain in output and 50% reduction in distortion. Crafted from injection-molded thermoplastic elastomer, ART surrounds are more durable and more reliable, ensuring a lifetime of superior sound.
Non-Resonant MDF Enclosure: The speaker enclosure features heavy duty, non-resonant 3/4" MDF construction , with optimally placed interior bracing, and reinforced front baffles to ensure high-quality audio performance. The smooth front baffle enhanced with 1" MDF reduces diffraction and improves sound radiation characteristics. In addition, the tapered design of the speaker cabinet eliminates internal resonances, improves bass intensity, and adds to the elegance of the enclosure profile. The included cloth grille magntically attaches to the enclosure's front baffle.
Dual Binding Posts: The Premier 600C is outfitted with two sets of sturdy binding posts allowing to bi-amp or bi-wire the bookshelf loudspeaker. These binding posts ensure a secure connection to many types of cable and connectors. The binding post terminals will accept banana plugs (single only), pin-connectors, spade-lugs and bare wire (up to 10AWG). Two plastic caps will need to be removed to use banana plugs.
- Bi-Wiring: Bi-wiring can provide noticeable improvements in the overall transparency of your loudspeakers. Run separate speaker wires to the low & high frequency drivers from a single amplifier (the upper set of binding posts are for the high frequency drivers; the lower set of binding posts are for the low frequency drivers).
- Bi-Amping: Bi-amping allows you to use separate amplifiers for the high & low frequency sections of your loudspeaker for greater dynamic range & lower distortion. We recommend that your separate amplifiers have identical gain to preserve the speaker's voicing balance.
Note: If you decide to bi-wire or bi-amp, you must remove the jumpers between the terminal posts (failure to do this could result in damage to your amplifier and loudspeakers).
Mounting & Placement Options: The Premier 600C center-channel speaker can be mounted on stand (sold separately - see Accessories Tab), shelf, table, or other piece of furniture with a flat tabletop surface. Self-adhesive rubber feet are included to isolate the speaker from the mounting surface. The self-adhesive rubber feet add approximately 0.3125" to the overall height of the speaker.
- The Paradigm Premier Series center speaker is designed to cover a large, wide listening area, allowing listeners throughout the room to hear center-channel information with unprecedented clarity and intelligibility. Placing the center-channel speaker below the TV will ensure the best possible clarity and intelligibility. Position the speaker flush with the front of the TV or speaker shelf to minimize unwanted sound reflections. Make sure the center-channel speaker is approximately the same distance away from the primary listening position as your front speakers.
- Paradigm Premier Series speakers are designed to provide exceptional sound in a wide variety of applications and domestic settings. However, it is important to note that listening room construction, dimensions and furnishings all play a part in the quality of sound you will ultimately achieve. Your listening room will impose its own character on the performance capabilities of any speaker system. The extra care you take in correctly positioning the speakers will result in greater listening enjoyment.
Note: The Premier 600C does not included any brackets, keyhole slots, or threaded inserts to wall-mount the speaker.
Crafted In Canada: The Premier Series loudspeakers are designed, engineered and manufactured in Paradigm's state-of-the-art Canadian facility. Paradigm is partnered with Canada's world-renowned NRC in ongoing research to reveal the true nature of sound and human hearing. Findings influence design and performance specs, resulting in a uniquely realistic listening experience, backed by sound science.
Premier Series: Paradigm's Premier Series is a line-up of affordable high-performance loudspeakers consisting of two floorstanding models (800F / 700F), two bookshelf models (200B / 100B), and two center-channel models (600C / 500C). The Premier Series from Paradigm features exclusive audio technologies back by fundamental industry-leading audio research for a high-quality audio performance.
Optional Powered Subwoofer: Add a Paradigm Defiance Series powered subwoofer (sold separately) to the Premier Series loudspeaker for even more dynamic, bigger, and deeper bass response.
Beautiful massive center. Quality construction. Still breaking in. Upgrading from 20 plus year old Paradigm system that has worked flawlessly. Quality and durable. Enjoy!
Craig from Estes Park