About the Paradigm Premier 700F
A powerful tower speaker
A powerful tower speaker
Paradigm's Premier lineup is all about offering premium performance at surprisingly down-to-earth prices. The Premier 700F tower speaker offers a natural response, plenty of soundstage depth, and a high level of articulation, allowing it to rival speakers costing twice its price. It achieves all that by using state-of-the-art drivers that Paradigm prototyped and developed themselves in their relentless pursuit of high-quality sound.
Whether you're using a pair as part of a two-channel stereo setup or for surround sound alongside the 500C center channel speaker, 100B bookshelf speakers, and a Defiance X12 or X15 subwoofer, these towers have no trouble drawing you into your favorite tunes and flicks.
Sturdy surrounds for maximum output
Paradigm extensively studied how speaker cones and their surrounds were bound together and how they interacted with one another. They found that the spot where the two meet can cause some unwanted distortion, particularly at high excursion points. Paradigm discovered that by "overmolding" the cone to the surround, they could drastically reduce distortion and increase driver excursion by a whopping 50%. Thus, their Active Ridge Technology surround was born, and you can find it on this speaker's twin high-output bass drivers.
Agile drivers that add excitement to music and movies
Both the patented 1" X-PAL pure aluminum dome tweeter and the 5-1/2" midrange driver just below it use Paradigm's PPA (Perforated Phase-Aligning) lens as a refined phase plug to block out a wide range of unwanted out-of-phase frequencies. The result: both the tweeter and midrange output smooth, uncolored sound.
The midrange and two 5-1/2" low-frequency drivers use a die-cast basket with massive heat sinks to keep the drivers cool during peak performance. They also employ Nomex spiders. That's not some scary cyborg-arachnid hybrid; rather, it's the suspension for the woofer's motor structure that helps keep the voice coil stable and centered. Nomex is a super-tough material — about ten times more durable than cotton (which is what most spiders are made of) — and it adds to the overall lifespan of the drivers while keeping the woofer movement consistent.
The cabinet is made of 3/4" non-resonant MDF, and it's tapered to reduce internal reflections and resonances, leading to cleaner, more accurate sound. The front baffle where the tweeter and mid/bass are mounted is an inch thick to reduce diffraction (a form of distortion) and to further control resonance.
Crafted in Canada
Premier Series speakers are made in Paradigm's 225,000-square-foot, state-of-the-art facility located in Mississauga, Ontario. That allows the company to have control over every step in the production process. They design, build, test, and tune every speaker there to ensure each one has the company's signature sound before it leaves the factory.
Partnered with Canada's National Research Center
Paradigm is partnered with Canada's largest federal research and development organization, the National Research Center (NRC). The two research the nature of sound and human hearing together, and their findings influence the design and performance of Paradigm's loudspeakers and subwoofers. The result is a uniquely realistic sound that's backed by ample scientific research.
- 4-driver, 3-way design
- 1" X-PAL pure aluminum dome tweeter with PPA (Perforated Phase-Aligning) lens
- 5-1/2" carbon-infused midrange driver with PPA lens
- two 5-1/2" carbon-infused bass drivers with ART surrounds
- frequency response: 45-25,000 Hz (±3dB)
- power handling: up to 180 watts RMS
- sensitivity: 91 dB
- impedance: 8 ohms
- bass-reflex (ported) design with rear-firing port
- made in Paradigm's state-of-the-art Canadian facility
- magnetic grilles included
- dual 5-way binding posts allow bi-amping or bi-wiring
- furniture-grade gloss white finish
- dimensions (measured by Crutchfield): 8-7/16"W x 40-1/16"H x 12-3/8"D
- weight: 48.2 lbs.
- warranty: 5 years
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # 1230000031
What's in the box:
- Floorstanding loudspeaker
- 4 Rubber feet
- 4 Spike feet
- 4 Hex-nuts
- 2 Binding-post jumpers (pre-installed)
- Owner's Manual
- Online Registration Card
- Unboxing Instructions
Paradigm Premier 700F reviews
Thanks for submitting your review
More details on the Paradigm Premier 700F
Features & specs
|Tweeter Size (inches)||1|
|Midrange Size (inches)||5.5|
|Woofer Size (inches)||5.5|
|Woofer Composition||Carbon-Infused Polypropylene|
|Built-in Powered Sub||No|
|Dolby Atmos Drivers||No|
|Connector Type||Binding post|
|Parts Warranty||5 Years|
|Labor Warranty||5 Years|
|Frequency Response||45-25k Hz|
|Subwoofer Amp Power||---|
3-Way Floorstanding Loudspeaker: The Paradigm Premier 700F floorstanding loudspeaker incorporates a 3-way driver design with a with a 1" X-PAL dome tweeter, 5.5" X-PAL cone midrange driver, and two 5.5" carbon-infused polypropylene cone woofers for full-range sound. A distinctive perforated lens in front of the tweeter and midrange driver increases and smooths output without coloring the sound, while also protecting the drivers from getting damaged.
- X-PAL Dome Tweeter & Midrange Driver: The 1" X-PAL dome tweeter and 5.5" X-PAL cone midrange driver each feature Paradigm's exclusive Perforated Phase-Aligning (PPA) Lens that protects the delicate pure-aluminum tweeter dome and midrange cone, plus acts as the Phase Plug, blocking out-of-phase frequencies for smoother, extended high and midrange frequencies with incredible detail and higher output.
- Dual Carbon-Infused Polypropylene Woofers: The two 5.5" carbon-infused polypropylene woofers feature a lightweight, and extremely durable high-excursion Nomex spider design that delivers a longer life of flexibility and performance. Nomex is 10xstronger than industry-standard cotton-based spider material. A super-strong die-cast basket features integrated heat sinks for higher power handling, for better bass, better dynamics, and less power compression.
Active Ridge Technology (ART) Surround: The 5.5" bass woofer cones feature Paradigm's patented Active Ridge Technology (ART) surround, made in-house and overmolded directly onto the woofer cone. This design achieves greater excursion, for a 3dB gain in output and 50% reduction in distortion. Crafted from injection-molded thermoplastic elastomer, ART surrounds are more durable and more reliable, ensuring a lifetime of superior sound.
Bass Reflex MDF Enclosure: The Premiere 700F floorstanding loudspeaker utilizes a bass reflex enclosure with a rear-firing port for higher efficiency and bigger, smoother bass response. The enclosure features heavy duty, non-resonant 3/4" MDF construction , with optimally placed interior bracing, and reinforced front baffles to ensure high-quality audio performance. The smooth front baffle enhanced with 1" MDF reduces diffraction and improves sound radiation characteristics. In addition, the tapered design of the speaker cabinet eliminates internal resonances, improves bass intensity, and adds to the elegance of the enclosure profile. The included cloth grille magntically attaches to the enclosure's front baffle.
Dual Binding Posts: The Premier 700F is outfitted with two sets of sturdy binding posts allowing to bi-amp or bi-wire the bookshelf loudspeaker. These binding posts ensure a secure connection to many types of cable and connectors. The binding post terminals will accept banana plugs (single only), pin-connectors, spade-lugs and bare wire (up to 10AWG). Two plastic caps will need to be removed to use banana plugs.
- Bi-Wiring: Bi-wiring can provide noticeable improvements in the overall transparency of your loudspeakers. Run separate speaker wires to the low & high frequency drivers from a single amplifier (the upper set of binding posts are for the high frequency drivers; the lower set of binding posts are for the low frequency drivers).
- Bi-Amping: Bi-amping allows you to use separate amplifiers for the high & low frequency sections of your loudspeaker for greater dynamic range & lower distortion. We recommend that your separate amplifiers have identical gain to preserve the speaker's voicing balance.
Note: If you decide to bi-wire or bi-amp, you must remove the jumpers between the terminal posts (failure to do this could result in damage to your amplifier and loudspeakers).
Mounting Options: The Paradigm 700F floorstanding speaker comes with rubber and spike feet to isolate the loudspeaker from the floor surface. The rubber and spike feet screw into the bottom of the speaker cabinet. The rubber feet should be used on hardwood, tile, vinyl, and laminate flooring. The spike feet should be used on carpeted flooring. The spike feet can damage and scratch hard surface flooring.
- Dimensions With Rubber Feet: 8.4375" (w) x 40.0625" (h) x 12.875" (d)
- Dimensions With Spike Feet: 8.4375" (w) x 40.6875" (h) x 12.875" (d)
Note: The Premier 700F floorstanding speaker should always be used with either the rubber feet or spike feet installed for optimum sound performance and maximum stability.
Application & Placement Options: The Paradigm Premier 700F floorstanding loudspeaker can be used in a 2ch stereo music application or as front and rear speaker in a multichannel home theater setup. Paradigm Premier Series loudspeakers are designed to allow flexible placement while providing a very large window of sound throughout your listening room. Please observe the following placement guidelines as front and rear speaker to ensure the best performance possible.
- Front Speaker Placement: For the most accurate and natural timbre, place front speakers so that their high-frequency drivers are approximately at ear level. A pair of Premiere Series speakers should form a equilateral triangle between each other and the main seated listening position. To further optimize imaging, turn a pair of speakers inward (toe-in) so they point toward the listening position with their axes crossing just behind it. Placing front speakers in corners will over-emphasize bass and reduce overall clarity. Avoid corner placement. Position front speakers 8" or more from the wall behind the speaker and as much as possible from either side wall. This will ensure better bass performance and optimal midrange clarity.
- Surround Speaker Placement: A pair of Paradigm Premier Series speakers may also be used as surround or rear speakers. Remember to keep these speakers well away from the main listening area for optimal surround-sound performance. When used as surround speakers, the Premier Series speakers should be located on the side or behind the main listening area. When used on the sides, take care never to locate the speaker forward of the main listening position. If the speakers are placed along the rear wall as surrounds, it is suggested that the speakers be positioned fairly wide apart if possible.
Note: Paradigm Premier Series speakers are designed to provide exceptional sound in a wide variety of applications and domestic settings. However, it is important to note that listening room construction, dimensions and furnishings all play a part in the quality of sound you will ultimately achieve. Your listening room will impose its own character on the performance capabilities of any speaker system. The extra care you take in correctly positioning the speakers will result in greater listening enjoyment.
Crafted In Canada: The Premier Series loudspeakers are designed, engineered and manufactured in Paradigm's state-of-the-art Canadian facility. Paradigm is partnered with Canada's world-renowned NRC in ongoing research to reveal the true nature of sound and human hearing. Findings influence design and performance specs, resulting in a uniquely realistic listening experience, backed by sound science.
Premier Series: Paradigm's Premier Series is a line-up of affordable high-performance loudspeakers consisting of two floorstanding models (800F / 700F), two bookshelf models (200B / 100B), and two center-channel models (600C / 500C). The Premier Series from Paradigm features exclusive audio technologies back by fundamental industry-leading audio research for a high-quality audio performance.
Optional Powered Subwoofer: Add a Paradigm Defiance Series powered subwoofer (sold separately) to the Premier Series loudspeaker for even more dynamic, bigger, and deeper bass response.