About the Infinity INFMBB4030
A stowaway stereo for your boat
A stowaway stereo for your boat
When you don't have a lot of space but need a lot of stereo, Infinity's INFMBB4030 marine digital media receiver is an outstanding solution. This NMEA 2000-ready package consists of a compact color LCD controller that goes in your dash, along with a hideaway "black box" that can be installed out of sight. It's ideal for smaller boats.
Bluetooth in a black box
The hideaway box contains a built-in global AM/FM tuner, plus an AUX input and a charging USB port for your iPod. Built-in Bluetooth lets you enjoy music streaming with just about any phone, and you can also plug in a USB thumb drive and enjoy music files ripped from your CD collection.
Best of all, this receiver can be integrated into your boat's NMEA 2000 system.
A watertight wired controller
With the "black box" installed down below, you control everything from the watertight wired controller installed topside. The color LCD screen and big control buttons make it easy to switch sources or change the tune. It's also engineered to stand up to the extremes of a marine environment, so splashes, spray, and sunlight won't stop the music.
The INFMBB4030 works with the SiriusXM tuner (sold separately), so you can enjoy the wide variety of music, sports, news, and entertainment programming provided by satellite radio when you're up to 100 miles offshore.
Start your system here
With three sets of preamp outputs (including a sub output), the INFMBB4030 is a terrific building block for an epic marine audio system. You'll really appreciate the independent volume controls for the sub and zone.
Bluetooth note: Use of this receiver's Bluetooth features will depend upon your phone's Bluetooth capabilities. Learn more in our article explaining Bluetooth profiles.
iPod/smartphone note: If you're going to use your iPod or smartphone with this receiver, be sure to check "Details" for compatibility information.
- package includes compact hide-away black box and LCD controller
- Bluetooth audio streaming with ID tagging
- global AM/FM tuner
- plays MP3, WMA files
- built-in amp (50 watts peak by 4 channels)
- zone and subwoofer volume control
- NMEA 2000-ready
- compatible with SiriusXM satellite radio tuner
- inputs: charging USB port, AUX input
- 3 sets of preamp outputs (including subwoofer)
- works with wired and wireless remotes
- warranty: 1 year
- Our 60-day money-back guarantee
- MFR # INFMBB4030
What's in the box:
- Hide-away source/amplifier unit
- Marine wired remote (attached 6' cable)
- Self-adhesive foam gasket
- Self-adhesive foam pad
- 6 Screws (for hide-away unit)
- 6 Screws (for wired remote)
- 6 Flat washers
- 6 Lock washers
- 2 Cable-clamps
- Operation Manual (for Hide-way unit)
- Operation Instructions (for wired remote)
More details on the Infinity INFMBB4030
Features & specs
|AUX Input||RCA (rear)|
|Backup Camera Input||No|
|Second Camera Input||No|
|Memory Card Slot||USB memory|
|Satellite Radio Ready||SiriusXM|
|RMS Power (CTA-2006)||N/A|
|RMS Power (Manufacturer)||20 watts|
|Peak Output||50 watts|
|RMS Power Bandwidth||Not givemHz|
|Sub Preamp Outputs||Yes|
|Switchable Rear Preamp Outputs||No|
|Preamp Voltage||2 volts|
|Key Button Color||White|
|Steering Wheel Control Compatible||No|
|Parts Warranty||1 Year|
|Labor Warranty||1 Year|
|Radio Data System||No|
Marine Certified: This marine system has been engineered and tested for use in the harsh marine environment. The included wired remote is iP66 waterproof rated and meets or exceeds ASTM117 salt fog standards.
Wired Remote w/ LCD: The included wired remote control features a 3.5" (diagonal) color LCD screen to indicate source and menu selection, as well as song/artist/album information (no album art). You are able to adjust the brightness level of the LCD screen.
- Controls: The wired remote offers the following push-button controls -Power On/Off, Play/Pause, Mute, Volume Up/Down, Menu/Enter, Tune Up/Down (press once for Previous Next/Track or press-and-hold for Fast Forward/Rewind)
- Expandability: You can add an additional wired remote or an optional wireless remote to the marine receiver. You can add the MIL-REM70 weatherproof hardwired remote, the INF-MC30 marine wired remote with LCD, the MIL-HBREM handle-bar wired remote, or the MIL-RF9BL-UART wireless RF remote control (all sold separately).
Note: This system can support up to two remotes (this includes the remote which comes with the system). The KSREM-Y (sold separately) is a Y-splitter that allows you to add two more additional remotes.
Hide-away Source/Amplifier Unit: This marine system includes a hide-away unit which contains all of the system's source inputs, preamp outputs, and remote connections; as well as a built-in AM/FM tuner, Amplifier, & Bluetooth.
NMEA 2000 Ready: The marine system can be seamlessly added to your boat's onboard NMEA 2000 network, enabling control of the receiver directly from your boat's Multi-Function Display (MFD) unit.
Audio Section: The hide-away unit is equipped with a 45 Watts (Peak) x 4ch amplifier. The marine unit is also fitted with three pair of RCA outputs for Front, Rear, and Sub (with sub level control). In addition, there is a Zone 2 stereo RCA output with independent volume control. You'll be able to listen to the same audio source in Zone 1 and Zone 2 at different volume levels.
- EQ & Tone Control: The marine receiver features 5 preset EQ modes - Classic, Pop, Rock, Jazz, or Off (Flat). The marine head unit also offers independent Bass & Treble control; plus Balance & Fade adjustment.
- Loudness & Volume Control: When listening to music at low volume levels, the Loudness feature will boost the bass & treble response. You can also select the maximum volume level desired when the unit is powered on.
AM/FM Tuner: The hide-away unit features a built-in AM/FM tuner with manual, seek, and preset tuning. You can store up to 18 AM/FM global presets. You can select either US or European tuning.
Bluetooth Audio Streaming: The marine system supports wireless audio playback (AD2P) and control (AVRCP) of a Bluetooth-enabled smartphone, tablet, or other audio device. You'll be able to stream your stored music library and music apps from your Bluetooth-enabled source device to the marine receiver. The receiver will also be able to control Play/Pause and Previous/Next Track functions. Advanced music control of your music apps will still need be done via your Bluetooth-enabled smartphone. This unit will also display song/artist/album information (no album art)
Note: This unit does not support Bluetooth hands-free communication for making or answering phone calls.
USB Port: The hide-way unit is equipped with a USB (type-A) port attached to the chassis by a 6" pigtail. The USB port allows you to connect a USB thumbdrive or other type of USB mass storage class device. The unit supports audio playback & control of MP3/WMA audio files stored on a compatible USB device. The unit offers Play/Pause, Fast Forward/Reverse, Previous/Next Track, Repeat/Random, & Scan (10-seconds) functions. This unit will also display song/artist/album information (no album art) and provides File/Folder search. The USB port can also be used to charge the battery of a USB device.
Note: The unit's USB port does not support Android devices.
iPod/iPhone Compatible: The system's USB port can also be used to connect a Apple iOS device with Lightning connector. The unit supports audio playback of your music library and music apps, basic playback control (Play/Pause & Previous/Next Track), song/artist//album info display (no album art), and charging of your Apple device's battery. The system is not compatible with older 30-pin Apple iOS devices.
|Apple Device||Generation||Tested Version||Media Type||Control Type||Display Type||Bluetooth||Charge|
|Audio||Video||Head Unit||iPod/iPhone||Artist/Song Text||Track Info||Phone||Audio|
Note: Apple iPod/iPhone software updates may change functionality results. If you download a newer software version, you may need to reset the head unit and your iPod/iPhone to regain functionality. If this doesn't work, you may need to wait until a newer software update is available.
Dual Aux Inputs: The hide-way unit features a rear mounted, stereo RCA auxiliary input on a 6" pigtail so you can connect an external audio source. An RCA-to-Minijack cable (sold separately) will be required for the connection of a portable audio player with a headphone jack output.
Optional SiriusXM Tuner: This marine system provides connection to the SiriusXM Connect Tuner (220SXV300, sold separately). The SiriusXM Connect Tuner supports SiriusXM programming with access to 175+ SiriusXM channels via subscription. Check out the most popular SiriusXM subscription packages here. A SiriusXM subscription is required for access to the SiriusXM Satellite Radio programming.
Note: SiriusXM Satellite Radio operates on the XM Network. However, you can easily add this SiriusXM tuner to an existing Sirius or XM account for a Multi-Radio Discount Plan.
Mounting Options: The hide-away unit mounts inside your boat's cabin, while the wired remote can be mounted in a separate location, up to 6' away.
- Wired Remote: The wired remote surface-mounts to a flat surface
and requires a 1.25" (diameter) cut-out to run its attached cable through.
The wired remote secures in place using the six included screws. A trim-ring
covers up the hardware for a neat installation.
- Front-Panel Dimensions: 6.725" (width) x 3.975" (height) x 0.755" (depth)
- Cutout Dimension: 1.5" (diameter) x 1" (depth)
- Hide-Away Unit: The hide-away unit should be mounted horizontally on a flat surface using the four included screws. Make sure to mount the unit in a location which is not exposed to direct water spray. The unit measures 8.25" (width) x 2.25" (height) x 7.75" (depth).
Note: If the attached 6' cable is not long enough, you can purchase a 20' extension cable (REX20-6, sold separately).
4 questions already asked